Cherry Mescia rumoured to be back,,,,,,article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Mescia rumoured to be back,,,,,,article

WILD Boys Afloat are normally reserved for hens nights. But last Saturday some un-tamed Tigers took to Sydney Harbour for the long-awaited bucks night of funnyman flanker Beau Ryan.

By complete coincidence, future teammate Braith Anasta was also celebrating his stag do across town at Bondi Beach.

Ex-Bulldogs teammates Willie Mason and Reni Maitua joined the fun, but the most interesting guest was Roosters assistant coach Matt Elliott.

Elliott is contracted for another year at Bondi and hopes to remain under new boss Trent Robinson.

One new arrival we're pretty confident about is strength and conditioning coach Cherry Mescia, who, along with Robinson, was part of the 2010 formula Roosters officials are trying to recapture.

Welcome back No Knees.

Comment

Ciriaco's punting for a sports science geek was a disgrace, he should demand double if we are indeed chasing him for a return.

Comment

That would be fantastic if true.

Comment

Now we need to get rid of Eliiott and replace with Anderson

Comment

Would be great if we got him back. Keep the sport science trainer by all means because they do work, but sometimes you just need the traditional "I'm gonna work you like a ****ing dog" kind of guy.

Comment

This wouldn't be surprising. Robbo & Cherry played together at the Tigers in 2000 & 2001, and I think Robbo was involved in getting Cherry to the club in 2010.

Another positive step.

Comment

I dont see hw the DT would make a dumb rumour up about the roosters getting the strength & conditioning coach back from 2010.....so im pretty positive his back

Comment

Things are looking really good! TR back, Fitzy retained, JT to AC, CM back.. looking good!

Comment

all seems to be coming together nicely?

Comment

Hope this is true Mescia was very fit as a player and our team was very fit in 2010 withn him as fitness coach or whatever they call this position
                      When you trust your television
                      what you get is what you got
                      Cause when they own the information
                      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

It is true. Has been approached. Doubtful that Stuart will want him.

Comment

he was great in 2010 - we were very fit and considering the only things that changed between 2010 and 2011/12 was robinson and mescia, im hopeful that we could be back to our best with these 2 back on board. My only hesitation - he has been Parra's S&C coach for the last couple of years and while they have been woeful from a football perspective in particular so its probably hard to judge, I dont think their form is giving him any glowing endorsements especially when youve got blokes like sandow trotting around with a full blown gut

Comment

They should bring back Alf Richards.

Alf's sponge had the most magical power of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                              he was great in 2010 - we were very fit and considering the only things that changed between 2010 and 2011/12 was robinson and mescia, im hopeful that we could be back to our best with these 2 back on board. My only hesitation - he has been Parra's S&C coach for the last couple of years and while they have been woeful from a football perspective in particular so its probably hard to judge, I dont think their form is giving him any glowing endorsements especially when youve got blokes like sandow trotting around with a full blown gut
                              Jack Gibson couldn't that parra team to perform.....

Comment

Working...
                              X