guess who was at the gold coast 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
    its a qld team, they dont care about detrails like the cap? brisbane showed them how to do it! theyd fot pearce in in a heart beat anbd for the big bucks and the goldie lifestyle hed go just as quickly!
    The only reason why teflon kid would stay with us depends upon the exclusionary rule in the salary cap, where long serving players give you extra salary cap space. I think the gap is 200K, if I'm not wrong. That would mean that we could re-sign him for the 400k he is currently on and the 200k extra can go on that space. So overall, he will earn 600k which is good for a player of his status. For mine he ranks with Wallace talent-wise and I can tell you that Peter Wallace is most likely not on 600k.

My only worry is that a lot of our younger players will start to peak in the next few years, so it is a bad idea to go shopping for off contract talent next year. Guys like RTS, Moga and Cordner will have played close to 100 games in a few years time and our other more experienced players like Kennedy, Guerra, Tasi, may have break through seasons as well.We also have some really talented youngsters to come like Evans and Napa. Hopefully there is money left over to make some signings because other clubs will be chasing these guys.
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Working...
    X