Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOre good news for Rooster Bill Williams

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sp...-1226502818866

Boxing legend Tony Mundine has quit as Sonny Bill Williams's trainer for the dual international's fight in Brisbane next month.

Mundine told The Daily Telegraph he would not be in Sonny Bill's corner because of his son Anthony's falling out with the promoter and his former agent, Khoder Nasser.

"No, I'm not training Sonny Bill," Mundine said. "My son had a blue with Khoder Nasser so that's the end to it.

"I don't want to go into it - that's Anthony's business. I haven't told Sonny Bill yet. I love the boy and I love his brothers.

"They're good people.

"He's got plenty of ability, I wish him well. I just can't be involved while Khoder is involved in the fight "Anthony is my son and my only son. Of course I stick by him."

Related Content
    Bout: SBW to fight in Brisbane + 47 Controversy: Change flag, anthem: Mundine + 4

Williams will fight 44-year-old South African veteran Francois Botha, dubbed the "White Buffalo", on November 24 before joining Sydney Roosters for his NRL comeback.

Botha is considered way past his best and has lost his past three fights.

Influential website Boxrec rates the bout just one star out of a possible five.

Anthony Mundine said his tight friendship with Williams would not be affected. "We're brothers, man," Mundine said.

"We'll always be there for each other. Sometimes it's hard in situations like this.

"My dad has done what any father would do for his son.

"As for Khoder, I don't want to go there. I lost my trust in him."

Boxing insiders are convinced the falling out between Nasser and Mundine was a dispute over money.

His first bout in the US against Bronco McKart in Las Vegas in July was a financial disaster, with just 286 tickets sold and limited pay-per-view subscriptions.

Mundine sacked Nasser soon after the fight. His father Tony says the pair will now concentrate on the January blockbuster against Daniel Geale.

"It's a big, big fight and we'll be ready," Tony said.

"Anthony loves and thrives on pressure.

"He's a more powerful puncher now and he's going to surprise a lot of people."

Meanwhile, several of Australia's top boxing trainers will be chasing the job to prepare Williams for the fight.

Australia's greatest boxer Jeff Fenech is believed to be interested in taking it on.

Nasser is thought to be overseas and was uncontactable on Wednesday.

It would be better news if Nasser walked out, rather than Tony (the good Mundine).
    Member 2008 - forever

Comment

yeh another $bw thread

sonny bill williams coach tony mundine stood down as coach and has distanced him self from Sbw and his up coming fight because of anthonies mundanes association and falling out with $bw manager nassar.
      so that means no mundane hanging around out dressing rooms devalueing easts, or pissing people off.

this is good news for us but maybe not for $BW next months fight.
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

As good a boxer as Tony Mundine was,he genetically passed the "glass jaw" on to his offspring..

This is bad news for $BW IMO as it has happened so close his first real test as a boxer..

My opinion on Khoder Nasser is improving too..

Anyone who brushes Mundine while he goes on with this "Mini Ali" frogshit is okay in my books..

Comment

Ah shit pearcesworstnightmare beet me by 3 minutes.

Please delet this post or merge me baby

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
            sonny bill williams coach tony mundine stood down as coach and has distanced him self from Sbw and his up coming fight because of anthonies mundanes association and falling out with $bw manager nassar.
            so that means no mundane hanging around out dressing rooms devalueing easts, or pissing people off.

this is good news for us but maybe not for $BW next months fight.
            How do you get that out of it?

SBW won't be trained by Tony Mundine, but the article itself says;

Anthony Mundine said last night that his tight friendship with Williams wouldn't be affected.

"We're brothers, man" Mundine said. "We'll always be there for each other"

Comment

I think SBW should give up boxing since he wont be coached by the best in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                As good a boxer as Tony Mundine was,he genetically passed the "glass jaw" on to his offspring..

This is bad news for $BW IMO as it has happened so close his first real test as a boxer..

My opinion on Khoder Nasser is improving too..

Anyone who brushes Mundine while he goes on with this "Mini Ali" frogshit is okay in my books..
                SBW is not part of the Mundine gene pool.. I don't think a manager can pass on a 'glass jaw'.

Comment

grub act why would u drop out on a guy a month out....I am sure (I luv youz all) Fenech will step in. ALso good to hear they had a fall out maybe mundane will keep his his distance or SBW will wake up to the towel head
                  " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                    SBW is not part of the Mundine gene pool.. I don't think a manager can pass on a 'glass jaw'.
                    Where did i say he passed it on to $BW??..

Comment

i just wish hed hurry up and sign up for the mighty roosters! put some fear into the other clubs!

Comment

i remember when costa retired , one of the news dudes asked "" do you like mundane"" he replied (in a russian accent) he hits hard but he no boxer)that has always stayed in my mind.
                        this is the difference between someone who give a shit about our country and someone doing land rites all over it. it would be nice to see mundane going to la to live to persue a boxing career.

neva have and neva will like that pos

Comment

i remember when costa retired , one of the news dudes asked "" do you like mundane"" he replied (in a russian accent) he hits hard but he no boxer)that has always stayed in my mind.
                          this is the difference between someone who give a shit about our country and someone doing land rites all over it. it would be nice to see mundane going to la to live to persue a boxing career.

neva have and neva will like that pos
                          Take the $2.90 for him to beat Geale while you still can

Comment

does anyone else feel that if SBW gets KOed in this fight he might not come to aus in awhile...and not play for us?
                            My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                            My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

this is the difference between someone who give a shit about our country and someone doing land rites all over it.
                              If it's Kostya that you are referring to "giving a shit about our country" you probably should know that he now lives permanently in Russia and left his family behind in Australia when he bailed. Pretty clear that he doesn't give a fat rats c**t about our country.

Oh well who really cares...SBW is coming to the Roosters

Comment

Working...
                              X