Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a Centre, Josh hannay needs a club......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop and think about it for just a minute.

Buying a player that was not good enough at Cronulla to make first grade???

Old,busted and most importantly CRAP.
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
      Stop and think about it for just a minute.

Buying a player that was not good enough at Cronulla to make first grade???

Old,busted and most importantly CRAP.
      A bit like us mate
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
        I know it flew like a lead balloon.

I just saw the article and threw the idea out there, mainly for his goal kicking ability because next season..............................SKD will be our top kicker.

I thought Todd Carney was a goalkicking gun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Anus View Post
          He is going to souffs

Comment

Originally posted by The Anus View Post
            he definatly is, but he hasn;t signed on the dotted line yet, well at least not that we know.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
            To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
            At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
            Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
            The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

I definitely think we should make a play for Inu instead of Tuqiri - he is also a goalkicker, has plenty of pace and skill, and could be forced out by Tahu.

Others I would suggest us looking at are:

Jerome Ropati
              Brad Tighe
              Ashley Graham
              Joel Reddy
              Beau Champion
              Junior Sau

These blokes are tryscoring centres who are regular first-graders for their respective teams in the centres, but with the directions their clubs are going in, any of these players could be forced out, or at least looking for better contracts.

There were other very talented young centres on the market this season like Blake Ayshford, Dean Collis, Daryl Millard, Brett Delaney (overrated IMO) and Will Chambers, but all signed with others clubs , or in Ayshford's case, re-signed with the Tigers, before we got the chance to pursue them.

By the way, I am going to assume we have no chance in hell of luring the top-of-the-line centres like Joel Monaghan, Chris Lawrence, Michael Jennings, Matt Cooper, Steve Matai and Josh Morris, and I will also assume that our club isn't stupid enough to chase downright average players like Joel Moon, Ben Pomeroy and Ben Smith (although I wouldn't be surprised).

I suggested that we sign one of the top U20's centres, but obviously not sign any more because too much youth + we already have Williamson. Well if Linnett is actually signed up for next season like the rumors suggest, I am happy - he might not be as devastating as Vaivai, Likiliki, or Bristow, but he scores tries and breaks the line more than any of our current centres do.

Comment

Joel Reddy plz

Comment

I would only look at Graham, Tighe, Ropati, Reddy, Champion or Sau, if Inu was definitely out of our reach. A goalkicking, try-scoring centre is a hard thing to come by these days, and Inu fits the bill.

I could honestly see us signing another Soliola-like bumbling idiot like Pomeroy, who for all the tries he scores, drops a million passes and misses even more tackles, or forking out cash for an overhyped rookie like Joel Moon who really offers little more than Ben Jones as a centre, but for double the cost.

But really, there were a fair few very talented centres off-contract this season, in particular Collis and Millard, that we looked over, which is pretty inexcusable. Now that they are gone, and ruling out the players who are absolutely garbage, have little to no experience, or are simply out of our reach $$$-wise, and we are left with those mid-age, mid-range centres like Reddy and co. who Roosters could either make or break.

Comment

Inu would be a good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyman333 View Post
                      Inu would be a good signing.
                      on the footy show he said he would def be at parramatta next year... have one more year to wait atleast..

Comment

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
                        on the footy show he said he would def be at parramatta next year... have one more year to wait atleast..
                        If we have to wait a year, we may as well make a play for Hayne !!!!

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                          If we have to wait a year, we may as well make a play for Hayne !!!!
                          to accomodate hayne in the cap, we would have to release anasta, sa, and another player on a decent amount

Comment

to accomodate hayne in the cap, we would have to release anasta, sa, and another player on a decent amount
                            Some times the tough desicions need to be made !!!!

Comment

They could let Willie and Mini go aswell.

Then we could get both Hayne and Inu.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

welcome jarryd

Comment

Working...
                                X