Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a Centre, Josh hannay needs a club......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holmes View Post
    Gee Mario, that was a popular call !!!
    I know it flew like a lead balloon.

I just saw the article and threw the idea out there, mainly for his goal kicking ability because next season..............................SKD will be our top kicker.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      There's a reason he was punted to the UK.

Wasn't he going to be the youngest player ever to play first grade under Tim Sheens but was denied by the ARL?

Certainly didn't live up to early hype.
      From memory thats correct mate.

Id still throw some serious cash at Inu, skill and pace and goalkicker. Tahus arrival at Watsamatta must mean someone gets squeezed out.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

I just saw the article and threw the idea out there, mainly for his goal kicking ability because next season..............................SKD will be our top kicker.
        Carney, then Anasta, then SKD.

Anasta isn't all that great either though.

Comment

thats the unfortunate thing R6, our goal kicking stocks are ver VERY low

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

Comment

I've seen minichello kick goals before, I've also seen him kikc 2 golas from out wide for newtown

Comment

Could he be an option, handy centre, Brillian goal kicker......
              Makes Soliola look like Usain Bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                Makes Soliola look like Usain Bolt.
                Well......Soli is black.

Comment

I've seen minichello kick goals before, I've also seen him kikc 2 golas from out wide for newtown

Comment

Carney will be 1st choice goal kicker next year

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                      Hannay was slow, barely broke the line, was an okay defender.

Morbs has it over him in EVERY way (defense, skill, agility, and even speed!) except goalkicking.

Even Tighe, who is a bloody average centre if I have ever seen one, at least has pace to make the most of a gap, or broken play. If we look past the big-name centres (Josh Morris, Michael Jennings, Justin Hodges, Matt Cooper, Jamie Lyon, Joel Monaghan, Willie Tonga, Steve Matai, Brent Tate) and the garbage slow centres who we shouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (Brett Delaney, Junior Sau, Ben Harris, Ben Pomeroy, Maurice Blair, Keith Lulia, Ben Smith, Taulima Tautai, and our very own Slowiola), there leaves a few younger centres with a bit of pace out there who would be nice pickups.

Esileki Tonga - big, strong, not amazingly fast but fast enough, highly skillful
                      Jarod Croker - quick on his feet and between the ears, great footwork
                      Brad Tighe - already wrote about him before
                      Blake Ayshford - in the Morbs mold, has ball skills but no real pace or agility
                      Steve Michaels - has pace, but TERRIBLE defense and iron hands, no thanks
                      Daryl Millard - off to ESL
                      Joel Moon - creative, fast, lacks size though, Ben Jones does a similar job for us
                      Jamal Idris - top player when given good ball, Dogs wouldn't let him go
                      Jerome Ropati - on the outer with Warriors, fast, but too many errors in his game
                      Beau Champion - great hole-hitting centre, but Souths wouldn't let him go
                      Chris Lawrence - very fast young kid, serious pace, but Tigers will keep him
                      Ashley Graham - talented centre, defensively poor but has pace and size
                      Dean Collis - off to Sharks
                      Joseph Tomane - off to Titans
                      Will Chambers - off to Rugby Union
                      Joel Reddy - playing very well for Eels, might lose his spot when Tahu comes, worth a look
                      Matthew Wright - Sharks rookie, too young but shown some class
                      Ben Farrar - great skillful and fast centre, but seems to be enjoying it at Manly
                      Chase Stanley - off to Melbourne
                      Krisnan Inu - out of form, but can be a great player, will revel alongside Tahu

Really, narrowing it down, there aren't many players that we can both really do with AND be able to sign from their current club.
                      Looking at that least makes me realise just how valuable of a signing Chase Stanley could of been.

Comment

Inu and Reddy would be two to go after, especially with Tahu coming. Inu would be ideal especially because of his goalkicking.

Comment

Hannay was slow, barely broke the line, was an okay defender.

Morbs has it over him in EVERY way (defense, skill, agility, and even speed!) except goalkicking.

Even Tighe, who is a bloody average centre if I have ever seen one, at least has pace to make the most of a gap, or broken play. If we look past the big-name centres (Josh Morris, Michael Jennings, Justin Hodges, Matt Cooper, Jamie Lyon, Joel Monaghan, Willie Tonga, Steve Matai, Brent Tate) and the garbage slow centres who we shouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (Brett Delaney, Junior Sau, Ben Harris, Ben Pomeroy, Maurice Blair, Keith Lulia, Ben Smith, Taulima Tautai, and our very own Slowiola), there leaves a few younger centres with a bit of pace out there who would be nice pickups.

Esileki Tonga - big, strong, not amazingly fast but fast enough, highly skillful
                          Jarod Croker - quick on his feet and between the ears, great footwork
                          Brad Tighe - already wrote about him before
                          Blake Ayshford - in the Morbs mold, has ball skills but no real pace or agility
                          Steve Michaels - has pace, but TERRIBLE defense and iron hands, no thanks
                          Daryl Millard - off to ESL
                          Joel Moon - creative, fast, lacks size though, Ben Jones does a similar job for us
                          Jamal Idris - top player when given good ball, Dogs wouldn't let him go
                          Jerome Ropati - on the outer with Warriors, fast, but too many errors in his game
                          Beau Champion - great hole-hitting centre, but Souths wouldn't let him go
                          Chris Lawrence - very fast young kid, serious pace, but Tigers will keep him
                          Ashley Graham - talented centre, defensively poor but has pace and size
                          Dean Collis - off to Sharks
                          Joseph Tomane - off to Titans
                          Will Chambers - off to Rugby Union
                          Joel Reddy - playing very well for Eels, might lose his spot when Tahu comes, worth a look
                          Matthew Wright - Sharks rookie, too young but shown some class
                          Ben Farrar - great skillful and fast centre, but seems to be enjoying it at Manly
                          Chase Stanley - off to Melbourne
                          Krisnan Inu - out of form, but can be a great player, will revel alongside Tahu

Really, narrowing it down, there aren't many players that we can both really do with AND be able to sign from their current club.
                          I've always maintained that Chase Stanley will be a very good player one day, he just needed a change in environment and to play regular NRL football. He is only 20 years old and still eligible to play NYC this year. Joel Reddy is really worth looking at, is still relatively young and has plenty of speed, something we desperately lack. Jerome Ropati is an awesome player and we would really revel with a player like him in our backline.

These are the only blokes I'd be trying to sign, taking in their price tag as well. But Stanley is off to the Storm, and I'm not sure what's happening with the contracts of the other two.

Comment

I think Daryl Millard is a great player, VERY skillful, and great footwork. It is a shame he is off to the ESL.

Ropo is talented, but his defensive deficiencies are glaring.

Comment

I think Daryl Millard is a great player, VERY skillful, and great footwork. It is a shame he is off to the ESL.

Ropo is talented, but his defensive deficiencies are glaring.
                              I agree about Millard. Didn't originally see him on the list. He was brilliant for Fiji last year in the World Cup I thought and would have been a great buy. Is he really off to the ESL? St Helens?

Comment

Bradford, I believe.

Ropati, since being a regular in the Warriors team, hasn't been too impressive.

2005 (mostly centre) - 23 games, 4 tries, 6 linebreaks, 50 tackle breaks, 4 LB assists, 6 try assists
                                2006 (mostly five-eighth) - 22 games, 9 tries, 9 linebreaks, 63 tackle breaks, 6 LB assists, 2 try assists
                                2007 (injured mostly) - 12 games, 10 tries, 7 linebreaks, 36 tackle breaks, 3 LB assists, 1 try assist
                                2008 (mostly centre) - 22 games, 9 tries, 7 linebreaks, 75 tackle breaks, 5 LB assists, 4 try assists
                                2009 (mostly centre) - 15 games, 3 tries, 3 linebreaks, 36 tackle breaks, 4 LB assists, 4 try assists

Even his more successful 2006 season, 4 of his tries came in one game against a horrible Roosters lineup that day. As you can see, Ropo fits in with Brad Tighe as a middle-aged and middle-range sort of centre. Fast, but not really a tremendous linebreaker or tryscorer.

Comment

Working...
                                X