Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2013 "No Excuses"

Hi friends,

Each year the club comes out with a fancy catch phrase to put excitement in to our season and I believe that season 2013 should be seen as the season of no excuses!

The players have the coach that they wanted - no excuse to see any half-arsed games that we have grown accustomed to in recent seasons.

The club has potentially 3 home games this year that could see attendances reach 40,000 - we should be setting an Eastern Suburbs record for highest attendance in a season and reach the top 4 or 5 attendances overall.

The club has the all star calibre player that they have wanted for a while now - memberships should also reach our highest numbers as well as attendances.

The National Rugby League is a tough and fierce competition and I do not expect to win a premiership but I do expect that all 24 matches our great club plays and hopefully a few more are all hard fought contests for our opposition.

Season 2013 - No Excuses

No more Teabags works for me.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Top post mate, chooks are past due for a big one

Comment

Hi stsae,

H20 mate you can't beat it. No need for voodoo such as tea.

Comment

No Excuses is a negative phrase and a bad starting point.

13 may want No MORE excuses though

Comment

I think peoples expectations of our squad are still a little too optimistic. Sure we've got an improved roster but so do a lot of teams who finished above us.

Manly, Melbourne, Nth Qld & Canterbury will still be up there. If Inglis is fit for half the season Souffs will be there too. Sharks were already a good team and they've added some top quality to further cement their position. I also think the Knights are a good thing for a top 8 position.

I think after those seven we fit into a group with the Raiders, Warriors, Tigers and Brisbane.

Only the Eels, Dragons, Titans and Panthers are lesser teams IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
              I think peoples expectations of our squad are still a little too optimistic. Sure we've got an improved roster but so do a lot of teams who finished above us.

Manly, Melbourne, Nth Qld & Canterbury will still be up there. If Inglis is fit for half the season Souffs will be there too. Sharks were already a good team and they've added some top quality to further cement their position. I also think the Knights are a good thing for a top 8 position.

I think after those seven we fit into a group with the Raiders, Warriors, Tigers and Brisbane.

I feel the world needs a little more optimism. There is nothing wrong with positive thinking. I really think we will give the competition a good shake up next year. The fitness levels alone of the team so far indicate we will make a far more superior showing next year. I don't consider my team to be fair to middling or ordinary..
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

^^^^^^^and how do u know what the fitness levels are like so far???

I hope ur right though

Comment

Originally posted by Roid Rage Rooster View Post
                  ^^^^^^^and how do u know what the fitness levels are like so far???

I hope ur right though
                  Um, I read the official website, keep myself up to date with all the news regarding the weight loss some of our players are undertaking, which in turn will make them fitter and faster..It's not rocket science you know..
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

2000, 02premiers, 03 world cup champs, 04, 2010 ripped off, roosters have made the GF 5 times recently, how many other clubs fans have had the luxury of sitting down crackin a celebratory beer in October and watching there team in the GF? we are up there.

Comment

Mate im not arguing with you,,,,as i said i hope u are right

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Has your blackeye disappeared yet backwards?

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue:264324

I feel the world needs a little more optimism. There is nothing wrong with positive thinking. I really think we will give the competition a good shake up next year. The fitness levels alone of the team so far indicate we will make a far more superior showing next year. I don't consider my team to be fair to middling or ordinary..
                          There's also a fine line between delusional and optimistic, I was being kind.

Comment

There's also a fine line between delusional and optimistic, I was being kind.
                            Agreed. But hey, you can be as delusional as you want when you have SBWalkout in your side!!!!

Its all good baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              No Excuses is a negative phrase and a bad starting point.

13 may want No MORE excuses though
                              That jellyfish quote is from Karl Pilkington.

Comment

Working...
                              X