Mitchell Aubusson to 2nd Row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Aubusson to 2nd Row?

Maybe Mitchell Aubusson can go to second row? Thoughts??
    Last edited by Luckyman333; 08-22-2009, 02:42 PM.

Originally posted by Luckyman333 View Post
    Maybe Mitchell Aubusson can go to second row? Toughts??
    second row???????
    i think he should stay in the centres...

Comment

unless we have another option to make some tackles I would agree on him moving to 2nd row.

Comment

It's his original and best position. He is mobile, has good leg speed and is probably our best defender after Fitzy. Someone is going to step up next season to fill Fitzy's shoes and Aubo is the only one at the club I can see doing this. I'd personally have him at lock but I'm guessing Braith will be there.

Comment

For MAubs to go to second row I would think he'd need to bulk up a bit.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
            For MAubs to go to second row I would think he'd need to bulk up a bit.
            Not with the way the game is being played, if he defends around the ruck like a lock would then he'll be fine. Players like Stagg and Hilder have been dominating this season, mobility and speed is what you need with the 2 referees and I think Mitch is just about perfect for the job. Someone needs to step up with Fitzy leaving. Leave him on for 80 minutes and let him tackle all day.

Comment

Precisely. That is why Braith into the pack is a bad move.

In about 2 years time I am expecting to see a backrow of:

Cherrington (to replace Mason/Tupou)
              B Cordner (to replace Fitzgibbon)
              M Aubusson (to replace Ricko/Harrison)

Symonds on the bench to come on with hole-hitting goodness the way Flannery used to (that is the player Symonds is most like IMO), and big Myles and Nuuausala to rotate with Waerea-Hargreaves and Paea (maybe Masoe, if Paea leaves).

Comment

I think the backrow is his real position but at the moment, we have got to leave him in the centres. Nobody in the backline tackles except for Mitch Aubusson. We don't the luxury to shift him back into the backrow where he belongs.

Comment

Agreed. Unless one of Williamson or Kane Linnett (if we have signed him) step up to replace Soliola as a genuine centre option, we shouldn't be shifted Mitch Aubusson to the pack just yet. Like it or not, he is our most experienced centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    Not with the way the game is being played, if he defends around the ruck like a lock would then he'll be fine. Players like Stagg and Hilder have been dominating this season, mobility and speed is what you need with the 2 referees and I think Mitch is just about perfect for the job. Someone needs to step up with Fitzy leaving. Leave him on for 80 minutes and let him tackle all day.
                    Good point R_6. You're right about Stagg and Hilder, neither are big blokes but both tackle their proverbials off as does the larger Michael Luck.
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X