Titans Crash the Jennings party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
    I know that's how the agents work, I also know we don't have to play their games, as it only benefits them & their clients, not us!! If you really think a centre that we have to pay $600 - 700k a season to, with a history of boozing & attitude issues is going to be a match winner for us, then you're stupider than I thought.
    I think we have learnt our lesson with paying overs mate, if the deal is done he will take a pay cut and the riff will come to the party as well.
    " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

All too true TDK, I hope we pull out & let the Tits have him (Idris's move there was such a great career move for him), I wish the greedy bastard all the money he & his agent can squeeze out of whoever he signs with!! If he was willing to take a pay cut (down to what he's worth, say $450 - 500k p.a.) to come to Bondi, where he would more than likely play Finals & SOO footy, I would welcome him with open arms, but when he is happy for his agent to play one club off against the other, he deserves whoever is stupid enough to sign him!!
      It never ceases to amaze me how some people hold sportsmen in regards to contract and money. They are people with jobs too and you and I would always take the best deal for ourselves and our families.

Comment

Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
        I think we have learnt our lesson with paying overs mate, if the deal is done he will take a pay cut and the riff will come to the party as well.
        After all the duds we've bought, including retaining guys like SKD, who've had way too much money thrown at them, and then a guy comes along who presents as being the single best centre this club has had in living memory, and everyone wants him to take a pay cut? "Let's play hardball", "don't pay overs", blah blah blah

Guys like Jennings don't come along too often. I'd imagine that whoever was prepared to match his Penrith deal would get him, allowing Gould to get away with paying nothing. Just do it, and sign the guy

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
          After all the duds we've bought, including retaining guys like SKD, who've had way too much money thrown at them, and then a guy comes along who presents as being the single best centre this club has had in living memory, and everyone wants him to take a pay cut? "Let's play hardball", "don't pay overs", blah blah blah

Guys like Jennings don't come along too often. I'd imagine that whoever was prepared to match his Penrith deal would get him, allowing Gould to get away with paying nothing. Just do it, and sign the guy
          So to summarise, you are very happy for the club to be paying this loose cannon $600k this year & $750k next year, because his agent has screwed us & subsequently Gus didn't have to pay anything to get out of the Riff's contract with him, is that correct? Would you still be happy if he only manages to play 10 games a year for us? How about if he clashes with our new tough nut coach Robbo, just as he has clashed with Cleary & Gus over his boozing & love of a party? I never believed you were Rothfield, now I'm not so sure!

Comment

I have to agree.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

So to summarise, you are very happy for the club to be paying this loose cannon $600k this year & $750k next year, because his agent has screwed us & subsequently Gus didn't have to pay anything to get out of the Riff's contract with him, is that correct? Would you still be happy if he only manages to play 10 games a year for us? How about if he clashes with our new tough nut coach Robbo, just as he has clashed with Cleary & Gus over his boozing & love of a party? I never believed you were Rothfield, now I'm not so sure!
              Strange summary Arty, full of guesses, assumptions and crystal ball work on your part. The guy is the best centre in the world. Of course we need to negotiate as hard as possible, but if getting him here means we have to get to the point whereby Gus pays nothing, then yes, I'd do it. At the moment we face the prospect of having SKD and perhaps Aubusson in the centres next season. Consider that for a moment. In my entire time as a Roosters supporter, I've craved a champion centre. Well, here he is. Quite unfortunate also that you have to resort to the very tiresome Rothfield stuff.

Comment

Best centre in the world?

Comment

I haven't put my 2 cents worth in as yet, because I would prefer to wait and see how it all pans out. But Tony has hit the nail on the head. The thing we having been missing in years is a true strike weapon. I am often asked what has gone wrong with the Chooks over the last few years, and for me we didn't have enough points in us. Pay him what he wants and be done with it. With him in our squad, well there will be so much to look forward too.

Comment

Strange summary Arty, full of guesses, assumptions and crystal ball work on your part. The guy is the best centre in the world. Of course we need to negotiate as hard as possible, but if getting him here means we have to get to the point whereby Gus pays nothing, then yes, I'd do it. At the moment we face the prospect of having SKD and perhaps Aubusson in the centres next season. Consider that for a moment. In my entire time as a Roosters supporter, I've craved a champion centre. Well, here he is. Quite unfortunate also that you have to resort to the very tiresome Rothfield stuff.
                    As would I. It's not my money and I don't want the fans to die wondering. I don't understand why everyone on hear seems to be worried about the club's finances, when the club employs people to take care of those situations.

There are not that many better players on the market next year in the outside backs. Even if there are some boom rookies, like the ones the goat is always talking about, we need some proven performers. We have many, "good and young" players, but most of them haven't achieved anything yet especially on the big stage. Even pearce hasn't achieved anything. Jennings has, as has SBW. Both have not looked out of place at higher levels of competition and they are worth the punt.
                    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

I'm stunned..

I agree with Teabags 100% on this..

We shouldn't be farking around..

We need the kid..

Get him..

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                        I'm stunned..

I agree with Teabags 100% on this..
                        Must be the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                          Must be the heat.
                          I'm having an afternoon medicinal as i post this..

Actually i'm on number 3..

Comment

At the moment we face the prospect of having SKD and perhaps Aubusson in the centres next season. Consider that for a moment. In my entire time as a Roosters supporter, I've craved a champion centre. Well, here he is.
                            Look I don't want Aubo in the centres as much as anyone, but in your desperation to get a "champion centre", I think you are totally ignoring this bloke's attitude & history & rather than using a crystal ball, I actually do think he is a ticking time bomb, the last bloke we bought with a similar attitude to partying etc was Big Willie & we all remember how that worked out! Robbo will not put up with it, so it is not guess work to say that they will more than likely clash, just like he has with Cleary & Gus.

What makes you think that he won't be a disruptive influence to the young blokes in our squad? (Please try & answer the question this time).

I would rather we try Oldfield, RTS or even Adam Henry in the centres, rather than sign Jennings, I really think it would be a backward step towards the old days of signing big names, when we have done so much to improve the club's culture in recent times & yes I am happy with SBW coming, because I do believe he will be a positive influence on the squad, unlike Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                              I'm having an afternoon medicinal as i post this..

Actually i'm on number 3..
                              Geez....got a good head start on me

Comment

Look I don't want Aubo in the centres as much as anyone, but in your desperation to get a "champion centre", I think you are totally ignoring this bloke's attitude & history & rather than using a crystal ball, I actually do think he is a ticking time bomb, the last bloke we bought with a similar attitude to partying etc was Big Willie & we all remember how that worked out! Robbo will not put up with it, so it is not guess work to say that they will more than likely clash, just like he has with Cleary & Gus.

What makes you think that he won't be a disruptive influence to the young blokes in our squad? (Please try & answer the question this time).

I would rather we try Oldfield, RTS or even Adam Henry in the centres, rather than sign Jennings, I really think it would be a backward step towards the old days of signing big names, when we have done so much to improve the club's culture in recent times & yes I am happy with SBW coming, because I do believe he will be a positive influence on the squad, unlike Jennings.
                                Actually it was Carney and we made a Grand Final.

Comment

Working...
                                X