Roosters target Tigers trial for SBW debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mundane probably will still need a hug and some kleenex
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
      reports out today suggest SBW is not joining the Roosters till the 18th of february, surely that must throw into doubt any involvement in the foundation cup which is only 5 days after he starts full time with us.

foxsports will be spewing after deciding to show the match live if SBW doesn't take the field.
      Starts training February 11.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        Starts training February 11.
        Not good enough mate.

I demand he finishes his fight and get on a concord and get to the SFS and run a billion laps to make up for the pre-Cumm he's missed so far.

Then he can sleep for a few minutes and apologize on Twatter to everyone for being such a lazy carnt.

Then he can go to Easts for a few milks.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

That still wouldn't be enough for some.

Their opinions will change when he becomes a match winner.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
            That still wouldn't be enough for some.

Their opinions will change when he becomes a match winner.
            Mate I honestly think Ralph and his band of merry SBW haters won't change. I think no matter what they will find the negatives in everything he does. He may score a couple of tries ,set up a few more,make 25 tackles but they would still harp on about how he missed an easy tackle or spilled the ball or pushed for a near impossible pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
              Mate I honestly think Ralph and his band of merry SBW haters won't change. I think no matter what they will find the negatives in everything he does. He may score a couple of tries ,set up a few more,make 25 tackles but they would still harp on about how he missed an easy tackle or spilled the ball or pushed for a near impossible pass.
              I don't hate SBW personally as I've never met him. I hate the situation, the overblown publicity, the way other players are forced to live in the shadow of this so called larger than life saviour, the travelling circus, the media attention and undue pressure my beloved team is now forced to live under, all because of one person who is yet to lace a boot on for us. When I start seeing a valuable and contribution of substance towards my team from this person, yes I will willingly change my tune, not nitpick.
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                I don't hate SBW personally as I've never met him. I hate the situation, the overblown publicity, the way other players are forced to live in the shadow of this so called larger than life saviour, the travelling circus, the media attention and undue pressure my beloved team is now forced to live under, all because of one person who is yet to lace a boot on for us. When I start seeing a valuable and contribution of substance towards my team from this person, yes I will willingly change my tune, not nitpick.
                I'm not having a dig at you but don't you think he has already contributed.
                I'm sure membership has increased, sponsorship increases, the lift in others in the squad knowing he is coming.
                He is arguably the most gifted forward to play the game in a long time. I don't like the way in which he has signed ( union and boxing) but to get him we had to do it. It also helped $$$ wise aswell. Would it be any different if we signed say Thurston and he injured himself in the Tri nations and missed a ore season because of that.
                Players miss ore season all the time it's not like he is doing nothing

Comment

Not me mate. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing him run over the top of Isaac Luke in the first game, go on to score a couple of tries and be given ch9's MOM.

I just think that due to his non existent pre season, we'll be lucky to get 15 good minutes out of him for the first half dozen games. not really what you're looking for from your 'marquee signing'.

I think that by July, when he's signed back with Union, there will probably be a poll on here called 'was it worth it?' The answer will be 'no'.......

Just picking up Ralphy's slack for the next week or so.....

Comment

I'm not having a dig at you but don't you think he has already contributed.
                    I'm sure membership has increased, sponsorship increases, the lift in others in the squad knowing he is coming.
                    He is arguably the most gifted forward to play the game in a long time. I don't like the way in which he has signed ( union and boxing) but to get him we had to do it. It also helped $$$ wise aswell. Would it be any different if we signed say Thurston and he injured himself in the Tri nations and missed a ore season because of that.
                    Players miss ore season all the time it's not like he is doing nothing
                    I realistic point of view
                    " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Working...
                    X