Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chooks clear decks to sign another star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chooks clear decks to sign another star?

In Sundays Tele you will find that the rumors about Odonell could be true. We are look to offload Tommy Symonds, Anthony Cherrington or Brad tangaragi to accommodate a possible signing of Odonell

Not sure he's needed, but he is a hard nut. Wouldn't say no. None of those mentioned players are core to the group, so I guess it wouldn't be a massive loss.

Comment

well that would be our loss. who is Brad tangaragi. or is takarangi. these guys are good enough to stay
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I would be disappointed to lose Symonds or Cherro (especially after sticking with him through all those injuries). Taka is a great attacking prospect but needs to learn how to tackle. O'Donnell is a tough player but you have to wonder how long he would spend on the paddock. He has a history of injuries and suspensions doesn't he? I can see how his experience and tough attitude would be valuable for our young forwards though.

Comment

God hope we don't lose cherro...pick of that bunch incl O'Donnell..

Comment

Bad move if its true. Taka will learn so much from SBW IMO.
            While I don't see Symonds or Cherro as first graders its the depth that they bring is what is most valuable about them. Why release 3 young blokes to sign 1 on the tail end of his career

Comment

Originally posted by maz4car View Post
              In Sundays Tele you will find that the rumors about Odonell could be true. We are look to offload Tommy Symonds, Anthony Cherrington or Brad tangaragi to accommodate a possible signing of Odonell
              Not sure it's a reliable source. They have seen that we have interest in O'donnell from the thread posted a couple of days ago and had put two and two together by mentioning players who are on the outer with our club.

Someone who usually first posts these rumors on our thread page, should try and post bait to lure them in and get them to publish it. E.g "yesterday I saw Uncle Nick and Craig Bellamy having coffee together and signing some papers" would be funny to see if they fall for it.
              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Maybe get rid of Arona & say Symonds & keep Taka & cherro

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                  Someone who usually first posts these rumors on our thread page, should try and post bait to lure them in and get them to publish it. E.g "yesterday I saw Uncle Nick and Craig Bellamy having coffee together and signing some papers" would be funny to see if they fall for it.
                  This has already been done here and they did fall for it.

Comment

This whole situation all depends on what SBW is doing next year.
                    1. SBW stays and who ever we lose is covered by SBW staying put and our current crop further developing.

2. SBW goes at the end of this year and Taka/Symonds/Chero have been let go, we're left with very little...

Comment

I know the club has made some questionable decisions over the years, but surely they aren't that stupid.

Why would you swap 3 blokes in their early 20's for 1 who is 32 and near the end?

It just doesn't make sense.

Oh that's right, it's the tele, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                        I know the club has made some questionable decisions over the years, but surely they aren't that stupid.

Why would you swap 3 blokes in their early 20's for 1 who is 32 and near the end?

Enter the voice of reason... I started to panic there for a second greegs.

Comment

Dont see how losing the myths cherro and symonds would hurt. let them go and welcome Luke.

Comment

if any player was to be let go, much would depend on their application to pre-season training, I'd assume
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster:275980
                              Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post

Enter the voice of reason... I started to panic there for a second greegs.
                              That's the voice or reason? The OP clearly says 'or' not and.

We are not releasing 3 players, nor did anyone suggest we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X