Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chooks clear decks to sign another star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose after so many good decisions this off season we are due for a bad one and this would be it.

Too old, too slow, too injury prone and too dumb imo. I'd prefer to see what influence our new coaches, structure and SBW has on all those three before releasing any of them.

Chook.

Comment

As much as I agree that we need an enforcer, he pretty much lost NSW a critical Origin match a few years ago when he tried to start a blue with any QLDer he could see, right when the match was in the balance.

That's my enduring memory of LoD.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I do think we have too much backrow depth regardless of if we sign LOD. Trimming in a 2 (or 3) for 1 deal may not be a bad option. I would support it within reason.

Comment

Yes, at this stage of his career, for the money he would want, and his ever increasing injury record, I cant see it being a great option for the club.

Comment

A 32 year old with his recent injury history returning from the super league to replace 2 of our brightest backrow talents would be madness. The loan symonds idea is actually quite good imo. I think he is supremely talented and has proven that in first grade every time he has been selected. The problem for him has been within his first few games in the top grade he picks up another injury and goes back to the bottom of the pile. Wests did a similar thing with Liam Fulton and he has come back 4 times the player and Im pretty sure parra did the same thing with Mateo and he is one of the games best now so it would be a great long and short term solution allowing us to pick up LOD for some stiffness in the short-term and in the long-term get back one of our best young prospects. I agree that Cherro should be kept. So much ability and started to really show it at the back end of last year with the jets. We have invested too much in him to date to not see him through. Im indifferent re Taka. He is definitely talented but I dont like him as much as some do on here. Id certainly rather keep symonds and cherro.

On another note, its interesting that those 3 were picked out as the ones "to go" and not bosden or arona. Thats positive imo because I really want bosden in particular who is coming off contract to be retained. We should let FPN go to get LOD - he is the weakest link imo and on enough coin to cover it easily

Comment

Wouldn't be upset to lose Symonds but I think Takka has potential and after sticking with Cherro through the last few years it wouldn't be wise to cut him now. In saying that, I would love to see Luke at our club and tough decisions need to be made

Comment

So we try the lod for a year ,he then retires and we lose taka, tom and cherry. No way.

I thought we had a youth policy and this is the year in which it shines.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I might also add that cherro might be worth keeping to help us get his younger brother (a hooker) who played aust schools this year across from wests. I think we are pretty light on 9 depth through newtown and the 20s (im not sold on seluini and blackman, moore and co are not first grade quality) and he would be a great fit being behind farah and iosefa among others

Comment

Seeing as O'Donnell is still playing for Huddersfield in the Super League, we'd obviously have to buy out his contract or pay a transfer fee to get him. Suddenly, it's not quite such an attractive deal. If he'd retired and was going to play for a minimum pay type deal - then he'd be worth looking at.

As it stands, with Huddersfield planning their season around him, I reckon it's definitely a no- goer. I saw O'Donnell the other week in the pub, and he looked fit to play.....no wonder, he IS still playing!

As someone said, the telegraph were obviously trawling on here the other day, saw the thread about him, and decided to run with it. Rothfield strikes again. What he actually knows about players comings and goings, you could write on the back of an aspirin with a chisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Coq View Post
                      Not at the expense of the 3 quoted !!
                      Were not going to lose all 3!!!!

1 of 3. Id offload Cherro or Symonds.

Takairangi is one of our ost creative players hes a no no to let go. I dont ive if he cant tackle a new coach can make that change.

Id love O'Donnell at the club. Hes our Fensom type of forward.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                        I might also add that cherro might be worth keeping to help us get his younger brother (a hooker) who played aust schools this year across from wests. I think we are pretty light on 9 depth through newtown and the 20s (im not sold on seluini and blackman, moore and co are not first grade quality) and he would be a great fit being behind farah and iosefa among others
                        Thats Mania Cherrington

Comment

He's crazy.
                          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Looks like only lasted 25 minutes for Huddersfield this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                              Brad Deitz - SG Ball rake & Aust Schoolboy. He might be a few years away but he's one for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
                                Were not going to lose all 3!!!!

1 of 3. Id offload Cherro or Symonds.

Takairangi is one of our ost creative players hes a no no to let go. I dont ive if he cant tackle a new coach can make that change.

Id love O'Donnell at the club. Hes our Fensom type of forward.
                                No he's not. He has never had Fensoms work rate and he never will. And Fensom would never have LOD mongrel. And LOD is bigger without knowing stats on height/weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X