Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chooks clear decks to sign another star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    God hope we don't lose cherro...pick of that bunch incl O'Donnell..
    Whats Cherro done for the Roosters? Great prospect in 2008, but after season ending injuries in 2010 and 2011, and only playing 19 games in that time and at 25 could be time to let him go. The club has loads of backrowers ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
      Were not going to lose all 3!!!!

1 of 3. Id offload Cherro or Symonds.

Takairangi is one of our ost creative players hes a no no to let go. I dont ive if he cant tackle a new coach can make that change.

Id love O'Donnell at the club. Hes our Fensom type of forward.
      O'Donnell is as close a style player to Fensom as Sandow is to being Parras answer to Sterling.
      O'Donnell is just a tough hard nosed forward not a work horse

Comment

i would rather morley the veteran and true easts man back and then be retained in some position like they have done for fitzy than have lod. the trouble with guys like cherro and symonds is they bulk up so much to a point it is not natural for their body type hence becoming injury prone.
        if it was out of cherro or symonds i say cherro to be shown the door if lod was to come.symonds is a utility and a local.

Comment

The LOD article, i don't buy it.

That could be my personal opinion of the blokes playing style, to me he took the title of Dirtiest player in the NRL once Glenn morrison left for england. Cheap shots were high on the order for LOD. Who knows, maybe he has changed since going to the UK......

If he does come to the roosters... cherro would have to be the first to go, the club has waited patiently for cherro, through his injuries, but i cannot see him cracking the bench in first grade.

Symonds is on his last chance, he needs to show his worth in 2013, we can all get sentimental about being a local junior..... but it is up to him to pull his finger out and claim his spot in the side.... it will between he and Maubs this year..... both need to step up.

Takkas is our Xfactor, if he can learn as much as he can from another Xfactor player like SBW, we will have a gun player that can fill the SBW role when he leaves. He is a must to stay, even if we sign LOD

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

apparently the word on the street is:

Cherro to Manly

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
            To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
            At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
            Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
            The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

this flirtation with LOD is more to do with re-shaping the squad for 2014 and beyond

if they can offload a few players contracted till the end of 2014 using the signing of LOD for 1 season as an excuse it will allow them to chase their major target for 2014.

with SBW leaving at the end of 2013 and a host of players contracts not renewed it allows Robbo to put his stamp on the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

Cherro to Manly
                would be very dissapointing to see that happen, he was finally starting to show something at Newtown at the end of 2012, Manly just released Mauro/Foran so they would have some cash for another signing.

Gould has a major hard on for Cherro so Penrith could be another destination.

Comment

Depends what they are looking for .
                  A youn up comer in Debalin or an experienced proven winner in Hannat
                  Cant see Hayne but you never know may be the experience of Glen Stuart would be useful.
                  Sean Johnson is up for grabs if Pearce wants too much for nothing.
                  The ear biter is up but I say he is finished here and back to England

knock yourselves
                  out with the list below for 2014 availability
                  http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...contract-2014/

2013 http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...contract-2013/
                  Last edited by The Brain; 02-03-2013, 06:50 PM.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post

Cherro to Manly
                    should fit in well with choc and the stewarts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      Depends what they are looking for .
                      A youn up comer in Debalin or an experienced proven winner in Hannat
                      Cant see Hayne but you never know may be the experience of Glen Stuart would be useful.
                      Sean Johnson is up for grabs if Pearce wants too much for nothing.
                      The ear biter is up but I say he is finished here and back to England

knock yourselves
                      out with the list below for 2014 availability
                      http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...contract-2014/

2013 http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-...contract-2013/
                      Love to see sign Johnson with Pearce at 9 and friend to Parramatta
                      " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

realistically what would cherro be signed for they should offload arona their pay couldnt be too different

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                          this flirtation with LOD is more to do with re-shaping the squad for 2014 and beyond

if they can offload a few players contracted till the end of 2014 using the signing of LOD for 1 season as an excuse it will allow them to chase their major target for 2014.

with SBW leaving at the end of 2013 and a host of players contracts not renewed it allows Robbo to put his stamp on the squad.
                          I don't mind that.
                          Who's the 2014 signing that we are pursuing?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty_C View Post
                            I don't mind that.
                            Who's the 2014 signing that we are pursuing?
                            How can that be the case when Cherro and Brad are up this yr is what u should be asking

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
                              Were not going to lose all 3!!!!

1 of 3. Id offload Cherro or Symonds.

Takairangi is one of our ost creative players hes a no no to let go. I dont ive if he cant tackle a new coach can make that change.

Id love O'Donnell at the club. Hes our Fensom type of forward.
                              OK so by ive did you mean care? BTW that new school has worked wonders goat!

Comment

Not sure that we could really miss Cherro given he hasn't hardly played a game in 4 years. He was unsighted in the Jets grand final. I also don't mind a 1 year loan for Symonds. A year of regular first team football could see him return a much improved and more confident player. I still think Symonds has something to offer long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X