Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chooks clear decks to sign another star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davos View Post
    We can't sign every player off contract and we already have Cordner to play lock for the next few years.
    For sure but off that list of players off contract there the ones I think can add to our squad. Boyd can play in the second row too remember. It's all hypertheticals anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Hastings View Post
      Agree...actually all 3 players mentioned strike me as that. Would be a shame to lose any of them IMO.
      Yeh they're all footballers, not athletes.

It's actually one thing that worries me about some of the modern day coaches, their emphasis on picking athletes/workers over footballers often leads to a pretty bland style of football and whilst providing consistency I'm yet to be convinced it provides great results. Griffin has done it at Brisbane, Kearney tried to at Parra & Mcguire is in the process at Souffs.

Smith was the polar opposite, he loved players who had footballing talent. So Trent has been handed a pretty talented squad of players, it'll be interesting to see who he signs and retains in the future as to what type of footballing philosophy he wants to implement here.

I wouldn't make a judgment based on this one article but as someone else mentioned it's interesting these 3 players were mentioned and not the likes of Arona or Bosden.

Maybe our first insight into what type of squad Trent is trying to build? After all he's had very little say in recruitment & retention up until now.

Comment

Working...
      X