No announcement yet.

Rumour Cherro to Manly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about owing Cherro, but surely we owe it to ourselves to see what this guy can do if he can stay injury free. If we've kept him on the books and persisted with him for this long whilst he's been injured, then surely we should be the ones the reap any benefit that he may produce and not another club ..... and if he is on a basic minimum salary then releasing him frees up bugger all on the salary cap anyways.

Comment

We have persisted with him for so long. He owes us.
      One more chance.
      He is certainly a talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        I don't know about owing Cherro, but surely we owe it to ourselves to see what this guy can do if he can stay injury free. If we've kept him on the books and persisted with him for this long whilst he's been injured, then surely we should be the ones the reap any benefit that he may produce and not another club ..... and if he is on a basic minimum salary then releasing him frees up bugger all on the salary cap anyways.
        Spot on Hawkeye.

Chook.

Comment

this is what i meant - my phrasing was a little off in my initial post

Comment

I agree. After sticking by him through all the injuries it would be a tough pill to swallow if he was to play well for another club now that he is fit and healthy. What would be the point of the last 3-4 years if we were to release him now? The club obviously see something in him so let's see if it works. If not, then let him go but IMO we need to give him a chance first.

Comment

Agree Hawkeye. After persisting with him for so long through injuries, why let him go now? If he can get through the season injury free he can show us what he is capable of. If it's not much or if he gets injured yet again, then let him go. I would hate to see Manly benefit from all the time and patience we have put into him.

Comment

Anthony Cherrington is owed nothing from our club.

Comment

does the club pay for his injuries and rehab. if so does that count for something.

i feel cherro should show us some loyality for not ditching him, but believing in him. he seems to fit in with firsts and in the finals he looked right. fingers crossed we dont lose another.

is it march 7th yet
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

He's going for sure close to 100%, we don't owe him, but we did owe it to ourselves to see he's potential.

Comment

Working...
                    X