I say C'ya Cherro and Symonds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say C'ya Cherro and Symonds.

We currently have 11 back rowers on our books atm. I think we all see Cordner and Guerra as our long term back row but with 6 off contact this year and 2 the following, decisions need to be made.

If the fairy tale goes right we could have the SBW circus next year, every club needs a Aubs and the Roosters should resign FPN as well. Bosden needs his chance and Tago is a massive unit looking for his debut as well, lets see how the year goes for them. We have Arona and Symonds for another two years who provide descent cover and Cherro just cant see him getting game time.

We have depth in the Props but I dont see any of them as potenial backrowers, maybe bench cover if injuries occur. Again with 8 out of 9 Props off contract over the next two years what are the Roosters plans. I know we cant get to far ahead of our selves, but I worry about the old days. Letting good young players go and bringing in big money for players that dont prove themselves.

Roosters backrowers -

Cordner
    Guerra
    SBW*
    Aubs*
    FPN*
    Bosden*
    Arona**
    Symonds**
    Cherro*
    Tago*

Roosters Props -

JWH
    Kennedy**
    Tasi*
    Moa**
    Evans**
    Napa*
    Ailaomai*
    Langi*

*Off contract 2013
    **Off contract 2013

I think we need a good mix of youth and experience, and were heading in that direction with the senior players in our squad being in their mid 20's. We just need to keep the youngs guns coming through and sign some experience. Im all for LOD if it is just for a year.

So lets say Cordner Guerra SBW aubs FPN are the starters and bench, the back up looks quite skinny after that mate! What do u get from arona and Tago? We needs Cherro Bosdan and Symonds as one of the three might fire and offer some quality this yr they will come into play.
    " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

club has waited too long on cherro to just let him go. We all know what he is capable of, and with him just getting back into the fold in the Bluebags last year we need to give him one last chance to fire.

Their is no guarantee that SBW will be with us in 2014, so I think keep him until we know what our lineup will look like then.

Comment

With so much off contract that means we will have the room to pick up some cheap depth options and possibly blood a young player or two from the lower grades.

Comment

I wanna see Ailaomai get a run!!! Why is he always a Jet? Big unit with character who's all over the promotional photos for the chooks...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            I wanna see Ailaomai get a run!!! Why is he always a Jet? Big unit with character who's all over the promotional photos for the chooks...
            You should ring marketing and complain that they are not meeting your expectations then jism.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

FPN is the real waste of space - he has a decent enough contract and is too inconsistent. Imo, we can easily turn someone like bosden or arona into a cut price version. Id like to see us get rid of FPN and sign someone like merrin or tolman - that style of prop is the sort of player up the middle we are missing. Players like Symonds and Cherro are good for depth and imo, both still have a lot to offer and have far from reached their potential so why get rid of them unnecessarily.

I do agree we are 1 prop short. I am seriously not sold on this Sam Moa bloke although I can appreciate that it is merely a short-term solution

Comment

Working...
              X