Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters attract the punters

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/roosters...209-2e55j.html

The Roosters have been the best-backed team in the NRL before this season's kick-off thanks to their strong roster and off-season recruitment. One punter threw down $30,000 at $15 on the Bondi Junction boys to claim the premiership, just before the deal fell through with Luke O'Donnell. If Shaun Kenny-Dowall plays outside Sonny Bill Williams, he looks like great value at $41 to finish the regular season as top try-scorer. New recruit Michael Jennings is also good value at $26, while Williams starts at $26 to win the Dally M medal. When Williams scores his first try is also worth a flutter. Will it be in round one against the Rabbitohs ($2.25), round two against the Warriors ($4), or round three against the Broncos ($6), or will he fail to score in his opening four games ($5.50)?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/roosters...#ixzz2JVd3eL80

lets hope the punters are right..... they were in 2011 with manly... go the chookies

Punters must gamble responsibly

Comment

im ok with betting on the final result but the wierd betts make it open to corruption? those must be stopped iff possible? betting is now so entrenched i doubt its possible?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        im ok with betting on the final result but the wierd betts make it open to corruption? those must be stopped iff possible? betting is now so entrenched i doubt its possible?
        the advertising and sponsorship of gambling companies ie sportsbet does nothing to enhance the image of the game whilst talk of match fixing.i despise the slotted time for promotion of it during games

Comment

penriff even allowed naming rights of their stadium to a betting companyt! going a bit far i feel?
          it cheeses me off when at random times during a televised game an ad break goes to a random young lady telling us about current odds! just get on with the game, thats whu i like going to games live, no adds

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat:277406
            Punters must gamble responsibly
            Responsible gambling is when you win...

Comment

The deal fell through with O'Donnell... news to anybody else?

Comment

News to me when did this happen
                3rd year season member
                Life long supporter
                I will be a rooster for life

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  The deal fell through with O'Donnell... news to anybody else?
                  Read the LOD thread and you will see different...

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluetill_i_die View Post
                    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/roosters...209-2e55j.html

The Roosters have been the best-backed team in the NRL before this season's kick-off thanks to their strong roster and off-season recruitment. One punter threw down $30,000 at $15 on the Bondi Junction boys to claim the premiership, just before the deal fell through with Luke O'Donnell. If Shaun Kenny-Dowall plays outside Sonny Bill Williams, he looks like great value at $41 to finish the regular season as top try-scorer. New recruit Michael Jennings is also good value at $26, while Williams starts at $26 to win the Dally M medal. When Williams scores his first try is also worth a flutter. Will it be in round one against the Rabbitohs ($2.25), round two against the Warriors ($4), or round three against the Broncos ($6), or will he fail to score in his opening four games ($5.50)?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/roosters...#ixzz2JVd3eL80

lets hope the punters are right..... they were in 2011 with manly... go the chookies
                    Surely that has to be a Gyngell like man, where $30k is like $30 to us. I think that $15 is very good value. Last year had a chance to make the 8 had a couple of things went our way early in the season tbh. I can't imagine us not making the 8 this year, now that we have a proper 5/8th, a proper centre pairing in Jenko and SKD, and a strike player like SBW.So I would definitely take a punt on $15.
                    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

I would rather not read about any association between Roosters and punting at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                        I would rather not read about any association between Roosters and punting at this time.
                        I'm thinking you might be soon mate.....
                        Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Working...
                        X