Anthony Cherrington Released!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet
    Anthony "Cherro" Cherrington had offered nothing for the club in 4 years and the outrage at his release has been bemusing. I had not seen one single person name him in their 17 for round one yet our club is now in significant danger without him. He will not be missed and the outrage at his release is similar to those people who were upset that Sam Perrett was let go mid-season.
    I can only speak for myself but I feel like the outrage is more bemusement than anything. Why we would continually wait on this guy who, as those who have watched him pre-injuries can attest, has a bucketload of natural ability more than most of our second rowers, only to release him once he's finally getting close to his old self?

He wouldn't be in anyone's top 17 because he isn't good enough at the moment, but it's how good we know he can be. We should've dumped him 4 years ago or continued to be patient in hope of claiming some reward, this is cutting our losses a couple of seasons too late, unless his pay was needed to get the LOD deal over the line.

Assuming he is leaving, of course.

Comment

What talent? I've never seen him play FG... oh wait, he hasn't!

That said what does it cost to keep him injured on the sideline? Probably nothing and he won't be one of our top 25 paid players anyway (so won't be taking up cap space.)

If he can get paid more elsewhere then I say go for it (for his own good!!) he probably gets paid less than me although he's a hell of a lot more talented and will only earn for ~10 years. He needs the best wage (and physios) possible!!

Comment

Originally posted by RWB23 View Post
        I can only speak for myself but I feel like the outrage is more bemusement than anything. Why we would continually wait on this guy who, as those who have watched him pre-injuries can attest, has a bucketload of natural ability more than most of our second rowers, only to release him once he's finally getting close to his old self?

He wouldn't be in anyone's top 17 because he isn't good enough at the moment, but it's how good we know he can be. We should've dumped him 4 years ago or continued to be patient in hope of claiming some reward, this is cutting our losses a couple of seasons too late, unless his pay was needed to get the LOD deal over the line.

Nail.

Head.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB23 View Post

This is all happening under newly appointed personnel hence why it is happening now.*It is a new regime and we no longer have Steve Noyce to hand out welfare contracts to players that do not deserve to stay at the club.

Cherrington offered us nothing and we have let him go. A strong move from a club that has been acting like centrelink for nearly a decade which enforces that a player makes a contribution or he can go elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
            This is all happening under newly appointed personnel hence why it is happening now.*It is a new regime and we no longer have Steve Noyce to hand out welfare contracts to players that do not deserve to stay at the club.

Cherrington offered us nothing and we have let him go. A strong move from a club that has been acting like centrelink for nearly a decade which enforces that a player makes a contribution or he can go elsewhere.
            Agree mate 100%
            Maybe he hasn't impressed TR at all and he has simply said bye bye.
            His attitude and commitment has been questioned on this forum a number of times. Maybe TR has just said enough is enough its time to go. I am not disappointed he has left at all. The club is heading in a new direction and Cherro isn't in the plans.
            Who knows, maybe POS and TR have there eyes on someone else for next year, hopefully a certain ball playing backrower at the warriors who's contract expires end of this year. If Sonny doesn't stick around maybe Feleti Mateo is on there radar.
            The club has added some quality to the roster and with that comes the cold hard facts that some have to go.
            I wish Cherro all the best if he does sign with someone else.
            I don't think our depth has been weakened by this as we have some younger blokes showing promise who TR may seem as a better option then Cherro, Symmonds and Takka

Comment

I was hoping to cheer cherro tonite in his last rwb hitout, sounds like lod will be in his place, makes sense i suppose why game reaqdy a player for the riff?

Comment

Working...
              X