No announcement yet.

match day thread. trial 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After traveling up fr bondi and braving the weather I'm delighted with the outcome of the game. All the boys played well. Most importantly they wanted it and it looked like they were doing it for each other. Biggest change from season past was the chatter in the defensive line. Very good to hear the boys yelling at each other who to take and what holes to plug.

Standouts were moa topou rts suilini Jennings and maubs defense

Fpn dropped a few but made up for it by some big hits 2 of which knocked the ball loose. Old field was missing but he had some pace when getting around the field.

Wouldn't like to be robo now he has some tough decisions to make that will decide a few players futures.

Comment

• Good win by the Chooks, highlight of the night for me apart from the outstanding goal line defence plus team having some structure in attack was the great hit by Moa on Cherry Evans in the second half.
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• Ps forgot about cordner he was close to best on field.

Comment

• Just an observation tonight that is worth noting......

As a RWB fan i was deeply proud of the way SBW conducted himself before the start of tonights game.

He was sitting amongst other 1st graders in the players enclosure whilst the teams were warming up and obligingly posed for a few photo shots with fans. When other fans got wind of it (even adults) there would have been a few dozen wanting to do the same.
          To his credit he patiently posed with them all for approx 15mins rather than avoid it by hiding up the tunnel like some other players do.

It's our great pleasure to have a champion athlete associated with our club & the exposure that comes with it
          Last edited by theGman; 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Noticed Gavin Orr speaking with Tom Symonds. Sitting with him before first grade kicked off. Orr then spoke to POS before going back to Symonds.
            On Friday at training Symonds was trained to a standstill. It looked like he had to prove himself. Last one off the field, pushed with SKD. SKD finished at least 15 minutes earlier, than Symonds. Both doing beep test with extras. JWH and Bosden also completed a beep test together. JWH said he had a bit too much pudding over the Christmas break.

Comment

• Hmm, interesting observations there RoosterMac. You'd have to think Tom would be on notice and I hope also that SKD is feeling a tiny bit of pressure to lift his game.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterMac View Post
                Noticed Gavin Orr speaking with Tom Symonds. Sitting with him before first grade kicked off. Orr then spoke to POS before going back to Symonds.
                On Friday at training Symonds was trained to a standstill. It looked like he had to prove himself. Last one off the field, pushed with SKD. SKD finished at least 15 minutes earlier, than Symonds. Both doing beep test with extras. JWH and Bosden also completed a beep test together. JWH said he had a bit too much pudding over the Christmas break.

thanks for that interesting observation RoosterMac, would seem Symonds is likely to be the next one out the door depending on finding a club willing to take him, Langi's performance last night wouldn't have helped Symonds cause any.

anyone else getting the feeling that RTS is putting real pressure on SKD for that right centre spot for round 1.

Comment

• Gavin Orr was the manager Sbw walked out on in 2008,,hopefully theres no friction between them still

Comment

• Well I am looking forward to going out to SFS next Saturday To see for myself Thanks for the updates
                    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• Orr sat the row behind SBW . SBW did go up the tunnel and come back 10 minutes later, whilst Orr was there. A Manly player also joined Symonds & Orr whilst they were talking. I didn't recognise him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterMac View Post
                        Orr sat the row behind SBW . SBW did go up the tunnel and come back 10 minutes later, whilst Orr was there. A Manly player also joined Symonds & Orr whilst they were talking. I didn't recognise him though.
                        I think it was Liam Foran Rmac. Hopefully Symonds can get a decent run in the Foundation Cup. Looking at the way we attacked last night Symonds would strive on the edge, he has always had excellent hands so he can execute the difficult lines and good tackle breaking ability, so playing a role within a set play will always be when he excels. When hitting the ball up he runs a good wedge which always makes metres but his fitness may have been down which would stop him getting in there and having a go more frequently. His ability to dominate the runner in defence is my big question mark.

Also, heard yesterday from a good source that SBW is being considered in the centres rather than on the bench for round 1 with SKD possibly playing wing until SBW becomes accustomed to league. They also seem pretty tight lipped about where RTS will play which is very interesting. Could he come off the bench to play 6 to give Friend a break, moving Pearce to dummy half and Maloney to 7. Seems a bit far-fetched for mine but who knows.

Comment

• Interesting stuff regarding SBW and RTS.

I could understand giving SBW a month in the centres till he finds his feet again.

I think we will know much more after this weeks trial.

Comment

• would be a bit concerned with a right edge defensive lineup of Maloney/SBW/SKD

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak View Post
                              I think it was Liam Foran Rmac. Hopefully Symonds can get a decent run in the Foundation Cup. Looking at the way we attacked last night Symonds would strive on the edge, he has always had excellent hands so he can execute the difficult lines and good tackle breaking ability, so playing a role within a set play will always be when he excels. When hitting the ball up he runs a good wedge which always makes metres but his fitness may have been down which would stop him getting in there and having a go more frequently. His ability to dominate the runner in defence is my big question mark.

Also, heard yesterday from a good source that SBW is being considered in the centres rather than on the bench for round 1 with SKD possibly playing wing until SBW becomes accustomed to league. They also seem pretty tight lipped about where RTS will play which is very interesting. Could he come off the bench to play 6 to give Friend a break, moving Pearce to dummy half and Maloney to 7. Seems a bit far-fetched for mine but who knows.
                              As I have suggested the past 6 months
                              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                                As I have suggested the past 6 months
                                Yeah thats fair enough. But surely you figured once we signed Jennings that would be the end of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X