Depth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth.

I realise its just a trial, but when you see a trial and impressive performance like this and then look at the quality of players that will come in and play next week. (SBW, LOD, Pearce etc), it makes you think of the amount of disappointed players there will be.

Not sure I remember having this much depth in both backs and forwards. It is such a bonus to have competition for places. No one can get slack or someone will come in and fill your spot. In past years I think SKD and FPN are perfect examples of guys that have not been too worried about young guys ready to steal their position.

No longer the case.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

I agree, it was only a trial but I think SKD will have his work cut out to keep his centre position.

If SKD defends like shite as he has in past seasons and continues to serve us his rubbish like what he serviced in last week's All_Stars game then he should get his GPS set for Henson Park.

All in all it was an impressive first hit-out and I haven't been this excited at the start of the season since 2003. Thats a lie, I was just as excited last year when I found out Anasta was headed to the Tigpies.
    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

I thought that the club was in big trouble after releasing Brad Takairangi and Anthony Cherrington. Now we will hear fans talk about how much depth we have at the club after a trial win.

If we lose next week we will read about the sky falling in.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
        I realise its just a trial, but when you see a trial and impressive performance like this and then look at the quality of players that will come in and play next week. (SBW, LOD, Pearce etc), it makes you think of the amount of disappointed players there will be.

Not sure I remember having this much depth in both backs and forwards. It is such a bonus to have competition for places. No one can get slack or someone will come in and fill your spot. In past years I think SKD and FPN are perfect examples of guys that have not been too worried about young guys ready to steal their position.

No longer the case.
        After Shecks performance tonight opposing a test centre SKD will be looking over his shoulder he was brilliant his footwork is the best in the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet:278849
          I thought that the club was in big trouble after releasing Brad Takairangi and Anthony Cherrington. Now we will hear fans talk about how much depth we have at the club after a trial win.

If we lose next week we will read about the sky falling in.
          Speak for yourself. I'm not a doomsdayer. Trial or not, it is obvious there is a lot more depth. And we can actually go either side of the ruck with equal potency.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Our defence was great but our attack was not so. There was not a lot of decent line breaks from either side. Thing I liked was Maloney using clever kick options on the last to actually try and get the ball to a specific player instead of a speculative bomb. Also manly would turn the ball back inside when it get close to the wing on more than a couple of occasions.

Most players are pumped for a trial as they haves lot to prove. A long way to go though.

Anyone here any of the coaches comments post game?

Comment

I agree mate, I think we have depth right across the park and I don't think I can remember a time that we had this much depth. If we are treated kindly with injuries I reckon we belong in the top 4!
              And I know it's only a trial but gee I love beating Manly!!

Comment

we could be lacking depth in the front row.
                with jwh, tasi and evans all possibly injured, we could find ourselves playing one or two debutants in round 1.
                now that i look at it, we could have 8. moa, 10. kennedy, 14. fpn, 15. napa and even ailomai if we need him .....
                now ive realised we have unbelievable depth, weve just been unlucky with injuries occuring to front rowers.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1:278956
                  we could be lacking depth in the front row.
                  with jwh, tasi and evans all possibly injured, we could find ourselves playing one or two debutants in round 1.
                  now that i look at it, we could have 8. moa, 10. kennedy, 14. fpn, 15. napa and even ailomai if we need him .....
                  now ive realised we have unbelievable depth, weve just been unlucky with injuries occuring to front rowers.
                  Kegs u completely changed yur opinion in 3 lines... I love it.
                  Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                    Kegs u completely changed yur opinion in 3 lines... I love it.
                    pure Mudgee genius right there

Comment

Professional approach by Trent seems to be the change so far. Looks like he will use the old way of picking teams, ie competing on a weekly basis for ur spot or u get dropped. It's the only way to instil a constant competitive edge. Like any other job!!
                      Awesome and can't wait !!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
                        Our defence was great but our attack was not so. There was not a lot of decent line breaks from either side. Thing I liked was Maloney using clever kick options on the last to actually try and get the ball to a specific player instead of a speculative bomb. Also manly would turn the ball back inside when it get close to the wing on more than a couple of occasions.

Most players are pumped for a trial as they haves lot to prove. A long way to go though.

Anyone here any of the coaches comments post game?
                        "I was happy with the boys hitout"
                        "We dont want to get carried away with 1 trial win"
                        "I thought we played some good footy but we still have things to work on"
                        "we never kicked out on the full from a kick off"
                        "I wasn't happy with SBW's undies being seen under his cargo pants"
                        "we miss Braith"

Comment

Toovey had his typical whinge about the refs, red it in the Daily Tele-rag today.
                          I think he is becoming the biggest sook in the coaching ranks with a close second between Dessy and Sticky.
                          On another good note, was good to see Parra have been working hard in the off season, back to back spoons for the mighty eels I think.

Comment

Did ailiomi play?
                            Sounds like our fringe players are putting there hands up, it's been a while since we have been able to say that. Releasing Cherro,Takka and trying to off load Symmonds doesn't seem such a bad move now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
                              Toovey had his typical whinge about the refs, red it in the Daily Tele-rag today.
                              I think he is becoming the biggest sook in the coaching ranks with a close second between Dessy and Sticky.
                              On another good note, was good to see Parra have been working hard in the off season, back to back spoons for the mighty eels I think.
                              braith was a whinger as captain. so was finch, he wasnt even captain and he still found away to get in the face of the ref.

Comment

Working...
                              X