Roosters NRL summertime 7th march at 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters NRL summertime 7th march at 7pm

a bit stupid of foxsports to do us last as we play in the first match of the year

the program will air 1hr before our round 1 match will kickoff against the bunnies on march 7

Oh like people are going to be at home to watch that..Are you sure it's not a repeat?
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
      Oh like people are going to be at home to watch that..Are you sure it's not a repeat?
      nope its the warriors on the 21st of feb, bunnies on the 28th of feb, and finally us on the 7th of march

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        nope its the warriors on the 21st of feb, bunnies on the 28th of feb, and finally us on the 7th of march
        They are idiots then. I'm so glad I don't pay for that rubbish. Last week I was on holidays in Canberra and I watched the Melbourne Storm one out of sheer boredom during a thunderstorm, followed by an old match between them and Cronulla. To top off the misery trifecta, Tony Archer was ref..

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
          a bit stupid of foxsports to do us last as we play in the first match of the year

the program will air 1hr before our round 1 match will kickoff against the bunnies on march 7
          We were always going to be last so Fox had footage of SBW. But it's good news for mine as it'll be a full night of Rooster football. I'll watch this, then the two old games that we win followed by the repeat of us smashing lol@Souffs.

Bring it on!

Chook.

Comment

It's a replay. They are re-airing all of them again.

Edit: Never mind I just checked they started airing them like I thought 4 months ago but they only did one a week.
            Last edited by GYR; 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

so we wont get to see any old roosters games like the other teams did.
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

lol, that is all.

Comment

They are idiots then. I'm so glad I don't pay for that rubbish. Last week I was on holidays in Canberra and I watched the Melbourne Storm one out of sheer boredom during a thunderstorm, followed by an old match between them and Cronulla. To top off the misery trifecta, Tony Archer was ref..
                  I like you but seriously (well joking) why would you holiday in Canberra for starters. You hate Melbourne so I’m confused as to why you would watch them (in a replay what’s worse) as well and even if you're bored you could read a novel like "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L James. No, wait I remember you're not in to that sort of debauchery, drivel, bondage/discipline, dominance/submission (but kudos to you for not being one of the brain dead fools on the planet that reads a book that cater for the masses because they don’t have a life).

For what it’s worth, read anything by P.D James as opposed to E.L. – that should stimulate your mind.

Back on topic – remember that the majority of revenue to the NRL comes from Nine/Foxtel and not the 20-40,000 that may attend the game on Thursday, so for those that can’t get to the game it is a perfect lead in.
                  Last edited by 007; 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM.
                  "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Geez, some people know how to have a whinge. For those who cannot make the game, it's a great lead in. For those going to the game, just tape it and watch it later. And I assume they will show 2 old games after it as they are not covering Round 1 live. So if Round 1 turns pear shaped for the Chooks it might provide a blissful alternative for those watching at home.

As for why one would pay for Foxtel - I would say it is a necessity for any genuine lover of sport, as the FTA channels limit their sports to cricket, AFL and NRL and their telecasts are generally of a pretty low standard and often delayed.

If you enjoy watching live sport in general Foxtel is the only option available. I certainly don't begrudge paying for it. For me it averages out at round $20 a week (I just have the sports and basic channels but with HD & IQ) - about the same as a movie ticket and far better value.

NC
                    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                      I like you but seriously (well joking) why would you holiday in Canberra for starters. You hate Melbourne so I’m confused as to why you would watch them (in a replay what’s worse) as well and even if you're bored you could read a novel like "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L James. No, wait I remember you're not in to that sort of debauchery, drivel, bondage/discipline, dominance/submission (but kudos to you for not being one of the brain dead fools on the planet that reads a book that cater for the masses because they don’t have a life).

For what it’s worth, read anything by P.D James as opposed to E.L. – that should stimulate your mind.

Back on topic – remember that the majority of revenue to the NRL comes from Nine/Foxtel and not the 20-40,000 that may attend the game on Thursday, so for those that can’t get to the game it is a perfect lead in.
                      For your information Mr Gossip Girl I went to Canberra to visit our buddy Tones who says to say hi to stsae, Andy Walker and Horrie Hastings. I didn't watch the Storm game all the way through because I have the attention span of a fruit bat. I was looking for something to watch in my hotel during a thunderstorm and that's what came up. Bruce Springsteen once wrote a song called "57 Channels and Nothing On". I now know what he was talking about.

NC, I have the T-box at $11 a month which gives me access to many sporting, movie and music channels which are available on demand. I can watch any Roosters game from the past 4 years (yes, ok some we won't want to!) at any time from the NRL archives on my timetable, not Foxtels. Plus NRL Deluxe and NRL Daily on high rotation every evening during the season hosted by Freddy and our very own bronterooster doing his Dream Team analysis. There are cheaper alternatives for those who don't have that sort of money to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

Now now. What's wrong with our nation's capital? We have all sorts of exciting things here to enjoy.

Comment

For your information Mr Gossip Girl I went to Canberra to visit our buddy Tones who says to say hi to stsae, Andy Walker and Horrie Hastings. I didn't watch the Storm game all the way through because I have the attention span of a fruit bat. I was looking for something to watch in my hotel during a thunderstorm and that's what came up. Bruce Springsteen once wrote a song called "57 Channels and Nothing On". I now know what he was talking about.

NC, I have the T-box at $11 a month which gives me access to many sporting, movie and music channels which are available on demand. I can watch any Roosters game from the past 4 years (yes, ok some we won't want to!) at any time from the NRL archives on my timetable, not Foxtels. Plus NRL Deluxe and NRL Daily on high rotation every evening during the season hosted by Freddy and our very own bronterooster doing his Dream Team analysis. There are cheaper alternatives for those who don't have that sort of money to spare.
                          I liked Tones. We didn't always agree but I respected his opinions.

I hope he is doing well for himself.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Anyone remember Diligraph or something similar, anyone know if he/she lives in the Berra? I swear I saw a licence plate in the back window of a car with Diligraph on it.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                              Now now. What's wrong with our nation's capital? We have all sorts of exciting things here to enjoy.
                              I spent a billion dollars in the art gallery gift shops alone...I have one cranky financial planner now..I'm trying to convince him it was necessary research for my online business...Upside is, everyone's birthday presents are done! I bought some great Toulouse Lautrec Rooster postcards too in a Roosters tin but no-one is getting their hands on them..

Comment

Working...
                              X