channel 9's pathetic coverage of thursdays season opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• channel 9's pathetic coverage of thursdays season opener

can't believe that channel 9 are showing delayed coverage of the season opener in QLD, just so they can squeeze another episode of the block in.

also it is very frustrating that the coverage starts at 8pm with kickoff at 8:05pm, meaning very little pre-game build up/analysis, surely the season opener should be treated more like a special event with a 30 minute build up to kickoff

without question the AFL does match day coverage a million times better than the NRL.

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    can't believe that channel 9 are showing delayed coverage of the season opener in QLD, just so they can squeeze another episode of the block in.

also it is very frustrating that the coverage starts at 8pm with kickoff at 8:05pm, meaning very little pre-game build up/analysis, surely the season opener should be treated more like a special event with a 30 minute build up to kickoff

without question the AFL does match day coverage a million times better than the NRL.
    Couldn't agree more fletch, I was pottering around the house yesterday, doing some cooking for the week etc on a wet Sunday, I flicked on the TV in the morning thinking CH9 would've started the Sunday Footy Show/Roast with the season opening in only 4 days, only to find what I'm pretty sure was an old Lassie movie & then I checked again later only to find an old Errol Flynn movie (disclaimer: this could have actually been the same movie I didn't spend too much time on them), WTF??!!

Comment

I find it really strange that the first match of the season rolls around and channel nine have had no season preview of any sorts and a 5 minute pre-game for the opening match of the season, you would have thought they would be pumping up their NRL coverage on the back of the amount of money they paid for it.

Comment

They are an utter disgrace. I can understand they need to look after the block, as unbelievably boring as it is, because it's one of the only shows they have that rates. But why not start the league coverage at 7.30 on gem? Probably because it would mean the block would lose viewers. As for it not being live in Qld, that is unbelievable.

Comment

I'm surprised the season opener hasn't been described as Blocktacular, Blocktastic, Blocksters v Blockitohs, Sonny Block Williams ......

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what time the match actually kicks off.....probably closer to 8:30pm with the way Nein dictates things.

Comment

I will be at the game, recording it so I can watch it when I get home. if the start time is listed as 805pm, you can bet that it wont kick off until around 815 - 820 for sure.
              Hope the kids will be okay for school on Friday. Its gonna be a late one.
              Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Also on the Qld thing, aren't they already 1 hour behind for daylight saving. So 8.00pm kick off Sydney time is 9.00pm Ch9 in Qld ...or have I got that wrong ?

Comment

Starts at 5pm in Perth. I'll already be watching the replay by 8pm.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                    It'll be interesting to see what time the match actually kicks off.....probably closer to 8:30pm with the way Nein dictates things.
                    I dont think they'll kick off to late ...they have the Footy Show scheduled to start straight after ......and we know Ch Nein dont like the inconvenience of moving their programmes around the footy !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      Also on the Qld thing, aren't they already 1 hour behind for daylight saving. So 8.00pm kick off Sydney time is 9.00pm Ch9 in Qld ...or have I got that wrong ?
                      Other way around. We are an hour ahead of Qld. 8.05pm here is 7.05pm up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                        Other way around. We are an hour ahead of Qld. 8.05pm here is 7.05pm up there.
                        Ah yeah of course,
                        ..my brain is also an hour behind !

Still as mentioned earlier, they could give you a choice of Gem or 9 !

Comment

Disgrace.

Also like others have said 9 will push kick off back further too.

Comment

My God people just love to whinge on here Who cares what 9 is doing in Qld Most of us are not there QLD should get with the rest of the Eastern Seaboard of this country and have daylight savings then thatt wouldt be a problem

Who cares if they start at 8 and kick off at 8.05 pm Who cares about pre game build up I just want to watch the game So I will be at the ground not giving a rats arse about what CH9 do or what time the match actually kicks off
                            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

I'll be at the game as well Andrew. It's just poor form from 9 to have a big game like this on delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X