No announcement yet.

channel 9's pathetic coverage of thursdays season opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if you have fox in qld youll be ok.???
    4pm is the roosters nrl summer for 30 mins then nrl 360.

the first game of the season is on at 9pm, which is 8pm qld time. no adds.

also no nyc coverage at all until maybe mid week like last year on fox.

4620 minutes approximatly til kick off. who counting
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
      I just checked out Ch9 programming, Fri Night Footy 7.30 - 10pm Taking of Pelham movie on at 10pm!! The good news is that Hadley doesn't feature in the Taking of Pelham!!!
      Thank god for that! Imagine how bad that movie would be with chompers hadley in it.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty:282463
        Originally posted by Chook View Post
        Get used to it peeps, we have at least another 4.5 years of this contemptible shit from Nein.

Does anyone know if pinhead hadley is going to be calling the second Friday night game?

Chook.
        I just checked out Ch9 programming, Fri Night Footy 7.30 - 10pm Taking of Pelham movie on at 10pm!! The good news is that Hadley doesn't feature in the Taking of Pelham!!!
        That's a bit better... surely they wouldn't give the season opener a stingy 5 min preview...as bad as CH 9 is.

Comment

Is it really a suprise that 9 can fck up the season opener? Ratings rule and i can only assume that the block goes for an hr and that is why the match doesnt kick off til 8pm sydney instead of 730pm?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
            But if he did, he'd be the judge, jury and executioner of the guy who hijacked the train !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              That's a bit better... surely they wouldn't give the season opener a stingy 5 min preview...as bad as CH 9 is.
              Season opener is on Thursday night not Friday.

Comment

The Block...well it's prerecorded so big Chooks fan Scott Camm won't miss out.
                It's scientifically impossible for Easts to be in Souths' shadow when there's daylight between them and us.
                Easts to win

Comment

I don't get it...if it were Melbore, then I understand but Brissy should get live coverage as a RL state. The NRL should have been on to this.

Comment

What's The Block?

Sorry... I only watch ABC/SBS news and the footy on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Tee View Post
                      Its good. I don't want any pre season preview, pre game preview or post game review crap from Ch9.
                      I just want the game, its bad enough we get the worst commentary in the wide world of sports anyway.
                      Minimizing it can be nothing but good
                      Are you married to Alex by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                        Maybe cos someone posted on here recently approx 1/3 of our fan base comes from North of the border.

Shit ShAndy you can pop a tear on occasion.

It's the farking net mate, it's an Easts forum, we have a lot of support in SE QLD (you should see the RWB crowd when we get a farking game up here).

What else do you want another I love $BWs arse thread???

Not just SE QLD stsae,

There are stacks of Roosters supporters up here in North Queensland, I am in Townsville and have supported the Roosters my whole life. Every time the chooks play up here there is a stack of locals that don the RWB, just coz you live in QLD doesn't mean you support the local teams.....If only Channel Nein took heed of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
                          Not just SE QLD stsae,

There are stacks of Roosters supporters up here in North Queensland, I am in Townsville and have supported the Roosters my whole life. Every time the chooks play up here there is a stack of locals that don the RWB, just coz you live in QLD doesn't mean you support the local teams.....If only Channel Nein took heed of this.
                          The problems with Roosters fans is that they have all moved out of the Easts and the new tenants/householders are from other suburbs who follow other teams therefore our support base from the east is disappearing. Thank You labor!!!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                            The problems with Roosters fans is that they have all moved out of the Easts and the new tenants/householders are from other suburbs who follow other teams therefore our support base from the east is disappearing. Thank You labor!!!!! :-)
                            Not true. There are plenty of Roosters fans around Watsons Bay, Vaucluse, Dover Heights, Double Bay, Rose Bay and especially in Charing Cross, Bronte and Clovelly. I've lived in these areas since the early 90's and I keep meeting new fans all the time, just by walking around with my cap on. Just because we don't wear our gear 24 hours a day like Souths fans doesn't mean there is no visible support for us in the east. We do own other clothes you know..

And I love the fact we do have fans all over the place. When I used to go home to Warwick in SE Qld to see my mother at Easter, I used to love getting off the bus at Roma St Station and seeing Roosters fans everywhere because we'd always play Brisbane on Good Friday. Who'd want to be insular like Manly fans anyway? Stuck up snobs don't even travel to watch their own team play in a grand final..
                            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                              Not true. There are plenty of Roosters fans around Watsons Bay, Vaucluse, Dover Heights, Double Bay, Rose Bay and especially in Charing Cross, Bronte and Clovelly. I've lived in these areas since the early 90's and I keep meeting new fans all the time, just by walking around with my cap on. Just because we don't wear our gear 24 hours a day like Souths fans doesn't mean there is no visible support for us in the east. We do own other clothes you know..

And I love the fact we do have fans all over the place. When I used to go home to Warwick in SE Qld to see my mother at Easter, I used to love getting off the bus at Roma St Station and seeing Roosters fans everywhere because we'd always play Brisbane on Good Friday. Who'd want to be insular like Manly fans anyway? Stuck up snobs don't even travel to watch their own team play in a grand final..
                              Perhaps I should have said, many fans not 'All'.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
                                Not just SE QLD stsae,

I live in Gladstone - Central Qld and there are alot of Roosters supporters here too. We go to every game the boys play in Qld - only one this year but we are heading to Sydney for the Dogs game.
                                Roosters supporters are everywhere in Qld.
                                Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

Working...
                                X