Round 1 Roosters V Souffs.... Team Lineups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
    Realistically, Robbo has not had sufficient time to turn this team into the unit he wants. We will be a better team in the back-end of this season than we will be up front. Expect a few dissapointments in the first half of the season. As long as we are in the mix by the midway point I'll be pretty happy. Injury permitting, I expect us to finish this year significantly stronger than we start it.

In short, don't get too carried away just yet. We will be pumped, and are a fair chance to beat the rabid filth that is Souffs .... we always are. But just remember this team is a work in progress. SBW, Jennings & LOD are all very recent arrivals. Their transition into the teams new structures will take time. Even the guys that have been there forever are now learning different structures and plays. Not to mention having to un-learn some of the more destructive habits of the last couple of seasons.

I'm very optimistic about this season, but please, we are not going to sail through this comp unchallenged ... and that includes tomorrow night.
    That said, bring on the filth ....

Go Easts !!
    awsome the game has been moved forward a day. thatll catch the vermin off guard
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

woow our first post off 13

Comment

Pretty much the team I expected, but how did that hack Aubusson get a spot ahead of Cordner? Unless he is injured, but if so why name him as 18th man?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
          thought they changed that rule, that if the ball goes dead after being kicked outside the 30m line, that u get the ball back from where it was kicked from? Or eas that just a trial?
          Yeah, that was just for the indiginous game.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
            awsome the game has been moved forward a day. thatll catch the vermin off guard
            LOL ... my bad.

I've been waiting for this game so long I've started wishing the days away.

Comment

Pie in the face for Robbo

ch9 footage from today shows SBW smashing into Cordner with ball in hand, good tackle Cords!!
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Danish:282870
                Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                If you think souths aren't a good side, you have no clue
                Look I understand you work for the Tele and thus talking up souths is in your DNA, but no I do not rate them as a title chance.

They have about the worst depth in the entire competition. when a strategically placed baseball bat can derail your entire club then you simply aren't a genuine contender.
                I agree with Tony and the others

South's are a big chance. Any team with Inglis and Burgess have gotta be a chance. The best thing they did was get rid of Taylor and bring in Teo.
                A massive pack with one of the world's best players at fullback. If their halves can come up to the standard of the top teams then they are just as big a chance as the mighty Roosters.

If we can beat them Thursday, after they have been together for a year, it will be a massive effort.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                  It was Mo who did that....sorry...I'm a Simpsons tragic....even mentioned the Simpsons in a half time talk during a GF!
                  lol I thought I was the only Simpsons nut as I was going to correct that too......gaah only 2 more sleeps and the off season is over! By the way served dave Taylor lunch today and was keen to psych him out but realized he ain't our enemy anymore, well not this week....

Comment

so this game is the real clash of the tittans

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post

South's are a big chance. Any team with Inglis and Burgess have gotta be a chance. The best thing they did was get rid of Taylor and bring in Teo.
                      A massive pack with one of the world's best players at fullback. If their halves can come up to the standard of the top teams then they are just as big a chance as the mighty Roosters.

If we can beat them Thursday, after they have been together for a year, it will be a massive effort.
                      I think Souths will get up ,2 per seasons and and 1 full season together,they know each others game ,It hurts to say that but I have a feeling they will
                      Last edited by Procarlos; 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Procarlos:282988
                        Originally posted by John Corey View Post

I think Souths will get up ,2 per seasons and and 1 full season together,they know each others game ,It hurts to say that but I have a feeling they will
                        Mate this game is there for the taking. If we win it will be an amzing effort coz I really rate Souths. If we get beat then its no biggy. Its early days.

I am interested to see if Robbo can get our guys up mentally each weak. I really like what Ive seen of him so far.

That was where Smith failed dismally.
                        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I hope for Roosters sake and Aubo's sake he either picks his game up or pisses off to Newtown for a while. Defended alright vs Tigers but was annonymous in attack, showed no signs of improving on last season. Once SBW is ready to go I cant see him playing, as much as I like(d) him as a player back in '10

Comment

....and that was 3 farkin years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Roostarz View Post
                              I hope for Roosters sake and Aubo's sake he either picks his game up or pisses off to Newtown for a while. Defended alright vs Tigers but was annonymous in attack, showed no signs of improving on last season. Once SBW is ready to go I cant see him playing, as much as I like(d) him as a player back in '10
                              Was 2008 actually lol

Comment

Hope Mortimer makes the bench for this one.

He could do some damage late in the game against those big forwards.

Also, wouldn't want Jake out there for 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X