What new structures??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new structures??????

all i have heard is everyone talk about our new structures and the structures that trent has bought with him...blah blah blah

the only new structures i saw were the ones the vermin pinched from the bulldogs and the storm - 2nd and 3rd man plays...

after watching the replay i can say that unless we develop more complex structures like the bunnies storm and bulldogs we wont be competitive. we just play the one line making it very easy to read and defend against. this requires the inclusion of mini into a playmaker role which im not sure im exactly comfortable with. we need 3 playmakers/ball players in the spine. last year we had one. pearce. this year we have 2. pearce snd maloney. i might go as far to say 2.25 as friendy is now running to the line from dummyhalf.

i hate to say it as i love mini but im not sure that enthusiasm and his clean style living is enough anymore. on two occasions in the game he chose to play at the ball and forced a line drop out those balls could have been left. this however could have also been the players around him not communicating that he had more time so hopefully they fix this.

our 5th tackle option needs to improve big time. why do our halves never opt for repeat sets when in the danger zone. we always go for the try from the highball. this will not win games. we need possession in scoring positions to win games. we dont need to gamble the limited opportunites that we have. they are low percventage plays when they are one offs. repeat sets are higher percentage and the more we get we increase the chance of scoring and/or achieving another repeat set.

be interesting to see how the next few rounds unfold. im hoping that it was just nerves and a lack of game time as a team as we looked pretty sub standard.

go the chookies

Might have new structures and played like that for 15 minutes...but they fell into their bad habits that theyve had last few year.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Complex structures do not win rugby league matches. Until we complete our sets with the consistency that Melbourne, South Sydney and Canterbury do we will not be competitive.

Rugby league is a simple game. We need to complete our sets and get to our kicks and put pressure on the opposition in their own territory without giving them 4th tackle penalties to help them out of their end and on the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
        Complex structures do not win rugby league matches. Until we complete our sets with the consistency that Melbourne, South Sydney and Canterbury do we will not be competitive.

Rugby league is a simple game. We need to complete our sets and get to our kicks and put pressure on the opposition in their own territory without giving them 4th tackle penalties to help them out of their end and on the attack.

Great Work mate!!

Exactly the reason we lost, Sure we got dodgy calls but we didnt help the cause either!!!!

Simple enought to bag our halfback out who indeed found space with his kicks, on countless ocassions he had to kick form 40-60 Meters out because of no go forward,

Wonder what any halfback can do with that????

Comment

Seriously you're more Goatish than the Lemon one himself.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
            X