Henare Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henare Wells

Just watched a Keebra Park Schoolboys highlight video. Noticed Wells featured a lot in the clip. I wonder if he'll ever get a shot with us?

He has good footwork to sometimes beat the fullback untouched, the cutout passes (similar to Haynes) to the winger from set plays. Very quick on his feet. Supports every break.

Will have to gain a lot of weight though. Looks malnourished.

Very good fullback, I rate him highly. Struggled with injuries last year though which was unfortunate. Real skillful player as opposed to being a great athlete

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Very good fullback, I rate him highly. Struggled with injuries last year though which was unfortunate. Real skillful player as opposed to being a great athlete
      I agree. The fact the club has stuck with him (and cut alofa) aswell suggests that they see it that way as well. I see him as a replacement in our back 3 for mini when he retires. he has the speed, support play, skill and incisiveness to give us that slater/morris/mini style player. He and RTS should swap between wing and fullback in attack and defence throughout

Comment

You should see this other kid's schoolboy youtube video. Destined to be a star this guy..ryan williams or something??
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
          You should see this other kid's schoolboy youtube video. Destined to be a star this guy..ryan williams or something??
          People seem to bring him up every time a young player does well in the lower grades and talks start arising of bringing him into first grade. Do you ever stop and think maybe that Ryan Williamson kid was just a one-off?

Comment

Originally posted by roz:285346
            Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            I agree. The fact the club has stuck with him (and cut alofa) aswell suggests that they see it that way as well. I see him as a replacement in our back 3 for mini when he retires. he has the speed, support play, skill and incisiveness to give us that slater/morris/mini style player. He and RTS should swap between wing and fullback in attack and defence throughout
            Did we cut alofa?

Didn't know that...he went ok.

Heard rumour jets signed Ryan Carr.

Comment

I don't rate Henare Wells. Does good things here and there but unfortunately it is mixed in with a lot of crap. Has never shone in under 20's so I can't see him making it in first grade.

Comment

When I saw him play he couldn't tackle or catch a bomb to save himself.

Comment

Originally posted by justjuice1992 View Post
                  People seem to bring him up every time a young player does well in the lower grades and talks start arising of bringing him into first grade. Do you ever stop and think maybe that Ryan Williamson kid was just a one-off?
                  Did you ever stop and think about the sarcasm in that post?
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Planetboy View Post
                    I don't rate Henare Wells. Does good things here and there but unfortunately it is mixed in with a lot of crap. Has never shone in under 20's so I can't see him making it in first grade.
                    Sounds like Marty Kennedy another player that never shone in NYC but constantly makes 1st grade lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cocky rooster man View Post
                      Sounds like Marty Kennedy another player that never shone in NYC but constantly makes 1st grade lol.
                      Yep, spot on. Kennedy never made a big impression in under 20's and is now really struggling in first grade. Tamou outshone him every week in the lower grades, yet we kept Kennedy.....go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Did we cut alofa?
                        Didn't know that...he went ok.
                        Heard rumour jets signed Ryan Carr.
                        Wouldn't surprise me. We lack decent depth in the halves.
                        Ryley Jacks is expected to return from injury either this week or next, Ben Jones to 5/8 & Adam Henry into the centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetboy View Post
                          Yep, spot on. Kennedy never made a big impression in under 20's and is now really struggling in first grade. Tamou outshone him every week in the lower grades, yet we kept Kennedy.....go figure.
                          Tamou was released on disciplinary grounds mate, nothing to do with ability.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by justjuice1992 View Post
                            Williamson is the norm IMO.

The longer I watch footy the more I realize how few truly talented kids actually make it as first graders.

Often it comes to more than just natural ability. Luck, injuries, opportunity, size, mental ability, will, fitness, determination, focus, discipline among other attributes are needed.

Same in all sports and walks of life also.

I'm always wary now when I see Pootube clips of talented kids.

Now don't tear up on me juicyfroot.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                              Williamson is the norm IMO.

The longer I watch footy the more I realize how few truly talented kids actually make it as first graders.

Often it comes to more than just natural ability. Luck, injuries, opportunity, size, mental ability, will, fitness, determination, focus, discipline among other attributes are needed.

Same in all sports and walks of life also.

I'm always wary now when I see Pootube clips of talented kids.

Now don't tear up on me juicyfroot.

Yeah it comes as the gap between athlete and dedicated footballer is closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X