No announcement yet.

SBW to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wait as see. youll find after one win will come 3 then 4 then 5 . the boys will lift and gain alot momentum and confidence
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      What Chook said.

Trying to blame the passes Mini receives as the reason why he drops them is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum.
      Yep it's a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
        SBW has well and truly earnt his spot. He wasn't recruited to warm the bench.
        How has he earnt his spot? He's been with the team for all of 5 minutes and up until last Thursday he hadnt played a game of league for 5 years. I agree he wasn't recruited to warm the bench but he looked out of place at times last week and should be given a little extra time to adjust without having the additional burden of facing the first 20 minutes of the game.

Maubs can consider him extremely unlucky. Thought he was one of our best last week.
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk:285497
          The last couple of seasons mini has dropped a lot of ball in attack.There are a couple of reasons why a first grade standard player drops footballs but in minis case here are my thoughts.It appears to me that mini is taking the pass at full pace.There is no margin for error when you do this, the pass has to be perfectly floated in front of you and at chest level.The safer way to do it is to take the pass at a reduced pace and then accelerate thru the gap.Watch the replays the ball is hitting him on the hip,bouncing off his arm,he overuns the pass, if hed ease off a bit on the speed that he is trying to catch the football he would catch a lot more of them.Mabye he is doing this to compensate for a lack of acceleration who knows just my opinion.
          Good insights kak.

Mini actually has great hands in a defensive situation....it is the old hit ball at pace to get that half a hard advantage thing...and yes it is to compensate for less pace.

I do it in touch playing against the young bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
            How has he earnt his spot? He's been with the team for all of 5 minutes and up until last Thursday he hadnt played a game of league for 5 years. I agree he wasn't recruited to warm the bench but he looked out of place at times last week and should be given a little extra time to adjust without having the additional burden of facing the first 20 minutes of the game.

Maubs can consider him extremely unlucky. Thought he was one of our best last week.
            He has earnt it on the back of everything he has done in his career up until this point in time including his preparation with and debut for the Roosters.

Maubs was improved last week. I agree. But honestly Sonny-Bill is like our Tiger Woods. Tiger won the U.S Open with one leg and Sonny-Bill would be about as good as Maubs if he only had one leg. (Yes I am exagerating but you get my point). No disrespect to Maubs. He know he needs to lift and based on his stats last week it seem he is attempting to do so.

IMO the notion that SBW has to "earn" his spot is based on an antiquated view of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              just wait as see. youll find after one win will come 3 then 4 then 5 . the boys will lift and gain alot momentum and confidence
              Not true....after one win will come two and then three. Don't think its possible to go from one win to three wins

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                Not true....after one win will come two and then three. Don't think its possible to go from one win to three wins
                Have you seen some of the schooling that goes on these days???
                I see the results of this schooling and yes indeedy 1,3,4,5 etc is quite possible

Comment

Working...
                X