No announcement yet.

Roosters vs Warriors Match Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOD ran over 120 metres. Moa hit his ton too.

Comment

• Glad the warriors haven't found their feet yet...
      If not for their mistakes, we would've lost today...

As bad as we were, they were worse...Lucky...
      Take the 2 points & prepare for next week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
        LOD ran over 120 metres. Moa hit his ton too.
        Interesting stat because last season none of our forwards averaged more than 100m's per game.

Having Lama Tasi back into the Prop Rotation will really give us some steel in the forwards and off the bench.

I really thought Martin Kennedy played well. He must of been reading the chookpen all week.

Comment

• Moa was outstanding. Great find.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Moa has been excellent. A real toiler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cindy14 View Post
              You can castigate them for every little mistake they made or you can just accept that at this time of the year any win is a good win. Momentum throughout the season can emerge from little things, 'lucky breaks' and 'just-held on wins' all included.

In patches we had control, took sensible options, and made a few interesting combination and plays. We still are inclined to freak out when the game is on the line and we've still got to learn how to nullify an oppositions momentum and work it back into equilibrium.

I really am glad we have Jennings. Defensively he made a few good tackles where his initial reaction time allowed him to reel a player back when they were getting past the defensive line. In attack, his raw speed has been lovely to see and that SBW offload into a Jennings line-break was a nice highlight that probably deserved to be awarded a try.

I liked the much earlier introduction of Mortimer. He provided some good service and I think he should take some credit for the success we had after half-time. As soon as the Warriors started to get on top TR introduced Friend back with his superior defensive work-rate. The boys also seemed to be a bit smarter and more sure of what they were meant to do in certain situations. I'd say TR had a better coaching game than last week given that too.

The last point I want to make is that Pearce was disappointing. However the fact he was below par didn't rule out our utter ability to win the game and that would have never happened last year. Jimmy probably wanted to play well against his old side and naturally assumed greater control of the game. That's the way halves should be. We have options now!

BTW, I quite liked some of commentary too.

'A shoe stealing penalty'

'Somewhat of a cumberland throw, he adds to the flavour with a duck and roll Mortimer.'

'Even a monkey can feed a ball!'
              Please post more often
              That was quality.

Comment

• Any news on Sheck? He looked like he hurt his calf or something at the end of the game.

Comment

• My points were Maloney - 3, Mini - 2, Cordner -1.

Really like the way Maloney is shaping so early in his new team....he is dominating over Mitch (who was our main disappointment for me in last nights game btw).

Mini...yes made an error or two...it happens...otherwise was great. Looks sharper than last year and is beating or threatening to beat the first defender,

Cords - first game back from injury and took up where he left off...great player in the making for us.

Special mention to Maubs too who got some mixed reviews on here after the first game. His ability in attack to both step and fend effectively makes him a danger runner - a lot of backrowers dont have these skills to the same degree.

The longish learning curve continues with the newish squad...we are building to some strong performances in the latter half of the year.

Comment

• Some points from the game;

For me one of the main points from the game was how disappointed I was in Pearce and how crap our kicking game was, which was mainly Pearce. Pearce's defense was solid which is nice, but in attack he had absolutely nothing, which is the main part of his job!!! He spoke about in the pre season how his goal for this year is to make the Australian squad for the world cup. Well as it stands right now he has zero chance of that happening!

I am quite frustrated with Pearce at the moment because I expect so much more from him, especially now that Smiffy is gone. I know he has it in him as you just have to look back to last year for example in both games against the dragqueens. I just don't know what is going on with him, whether it is Daley saying that he is already selected for NSW so it has gone to his head and thinks he can now cruise, or whether that he has just signed his nice long contract and believes he can now relax as his future is secure. I desperately hope he steps up his game soon and starts to exert more positive influence for the side.

Cindy14 made a good comment about how we've still got to learn how to nullify an oppositions momentum and work it back into equilibrium. For me this is where Pearce needs to step up and try to steal the momentum back for us with taking more control.

I find it rather frustrating when we are on the attack inside the oppositions red zone and we do so many one out hitups. It is simply just a waste of a tackle! This is where Maloney and in particular Pearce need to take control and throw plenty more at the opposition. Our attacking kicks in this area are mostly deplorable! Loads of work needs to be done here!

You take out those two huge mistakes by Mini and you would say that his game was pretty good, the try he scored was brilliant. But the problem is, is that those two huge mistakes completely overshadowed any of the good stuff he did. He really needs to cut these blunders out of his game as it puts the ledger of his contribution to the team on the wrong side of the ledger. I would absolutely love to see RTS play fullback in attack, especially when we are in the opposition's half.

Tupou's hitups were bloody ordinary. I would not have been surprised if his hitup meters were in the minus. He really needs to bulk up a bit and gain some strength.

Morts was alright, but he does not offer major impact coming off the bench. I would like to see Seluini given a go, especially if he provides the impact that he had for Newtown in their golden run of last year.

FPN needs to get his hands on the ball more, get more involved.

Stop charging down kicks, they usually never end well for us! One led to a try soon after.

The ref's kept up their consistency with ensuring we lose the penalty count yet again with some more bull$hit penalties. The penalty that happened straight after SBW did that one on one strip was just a load of crap. In the 24th minute Friend was penalized for a strip when Matulino clearly lost the ball cold. When Pearce was penalized with about 7 min to go the ref called held far too early, the ref's stuff up led to the penalty.

Good to see big Marty Kennedy rip in after having little impact and criticism of being soft last week. Also good to see SBW play the full 80, SKD and Maubs scoring good tries and LOD having a good first hitout. A big relief that we came away with the all important two points!
                    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X