Change of decision from Video Ref

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurtsherlock6 View Post
    Not 100% sure, but i do know they changed the rule about the video ref getting involved in on field decisions because it was slowing the game down too much. Almost every time there was a drop ball it would be checked by the video ref who after 100 replays would still regularly get it wrong.

Out of curiosity when was the last time you saw a decision get overturned like that as i sure cant remember 1.
    That is why I asked the question,as we have seen the vidiot change calls many times,but the refs are usually too pig headed to change their own call...

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
      When was the last time you saw that rule enforced? Have there been 100 instances when it could have been viewed and auctioned the same way? That's the issue.
      Last night.

Comment

In my opinion the video ref should only be able to make a ruling on trys. When a ref makes a ruling, it should stand ..... right or wrong.
        All I want is a ref that refs the teams equally ...... I don't think I will ever see this.
        Pauline Robinson from the "Wall".

Comment

I am sure that they are not allowed to make decisions on in field plays anymore, only in goal area decisions and over rules are allowed under the new structure of the laws in the game.

I think someone is going to get into some trouble for this one.

Comment

I couldn't believe this either. Let me first say, they ended up getting the call correct

BUT. The video ref NEVER reverses these such calls. He only comes into play to rule on a try or a high tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
              Last night.
              What a disingenuous reply to a simple question; quite poor of you really. You have no issue with it yet cast your mind back to the 2010 semi between the Roosters and tigers where JWH gets illegally hit in the head by dwyer and there is no change in the decision to award a scrum to the tigers despite there being a normal break in play and ample time for the vidiot to relay the foul play to the on field cheats wearing pink. I suppose by your reply to Madrooster that you would have had no issue if Braith had missed that field goal and the Roosters were knocked out of the finals?
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I will be amazed if I see a reversal of a decision of this kind again this year in any game where the Roosters are not involved.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                  I will be amazed if I see a reversal of a decision of this kind again this year in any game where the Roosters are not involved.
                  Nor the Cowboys.
                  Slater gets a grade one charge for this head high shoulder charge completely missed by the pink poofs at the time...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/n...6#.UUaI4Feyqq5

Comment

Seems the drizzle are a protected species spanner, particularly "the big three?"

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                      Seems the drizzle are a protected species spanner, particularly "the big three?"
                      Most certainly does.
                      Wonder if newslimited pending sale of that franchise has any bearing?

Comment

in regard to head hi tackles, why wasnt the jenko try/not try (the sliding one in the corner) where the 2 defenders both tackled from the back and not one of the initial contact anywhere else but his head.
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Has anyone said anything about Mannering's attempt on Mini for the first try? He basically shoulder charged Mini's legs NFL-style with no attempt to make a tackle?!

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            in regard to head hi tackles, why wasnt the jenko try/not try (the sliding one in the corner) where the 2 defenders both tackled from the back and not one of the initial contact anywhere else but his head.
                            Excellent point Both tackles hit him in the head 1st contact
                            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              Has anyone said anything about Mannering's attempt on Mini for the first try? He basically shoulder charged Mini's legs NFL-style with no attempt to make a tackle?!
                              thursty thurton did the same thing the other night stopping a try in the corner-
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X