Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taka looks sharp, Symonds getting a run............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taka is a very versitile player 2nd row centre or even a wing if needed, tom i dont know about and we have napa who is going to be far better than tom.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I'm all for Luke O'Donnell being here.

But I'd have booted Arona way before Taka.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Predicting a Kane Linnet style situation unfolding.

Comment

kane had a ripper of a game on friday night. looks as fit as. even may have beefed up abit

Comment

without comparing them to our roster...

I was stoked watching Taka & Symonds play well over the weekend we should be proud of their efforts, the off season gave them a chance to get another job as the coach had his preferences.

Particularly Tom as he's our local & I always wished he would make the grade with us & if not with another team, that it's Manly is fantastic, they have made him feel welcome....

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-dis...medium=twitter
          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

From what I understand, the club kept arona as he is on minimum wages whereas the others were on a hell of a lot more.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Are we covered for the exits of sbw and odonnell? I feel like we have let a lot of depth go. No dramas in the interim but lod is here for 1 season and sbw hopefully two

Comment

The backrower from the 20's we got from the Dogs will be a sensation, the Sooner Napa and Evans make the grade the better we will be.

In the meantime

Cordner, guerra, maubs, arona will do

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                  without comparing them to our roster...

I was stoked watching Taka & Symonds play well over the weekend we should be proud of their efforts, the off season gave them a chance to get another job as the coach had his preferences.

Particularly Tom as he's our local & I always wished he would make the grade with us & if not with another team, that it's Manly is fantastic, they have made him feel welcome....

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-dis...medium=twitter
                  I congratulated Tom today on his debut,and reminded him he is only there on a short term loan.

Comment

lod leaves we have kane houmo and sbw goes we use napa. sure at the moment they are not a direct replacement of ability but will fit in a well disaplined team with a growth of confidence

Comment

Taka will bite us in the arse. I rate arona and some of the younger guys show talent. Martin played well on the weekend but these kids will take time.

Comment

Who do we let go to keep our bench superstar in Brad Taka? Tiniro Arona is usually played in a tighter role when Frank Paul Nuuasala is given a rest so release him does nothing for Takarangi. Frank Paul Nuuasala also plays tighter so he is not a realistic option to release either. Luke O'Donnell was desperately missed in round 1 and even though he is in the same boat as Arona there is the grumbling feeling of Taka and Symonds being released to accomodate O'Donnell. Realistically we have to release one or two of Boyd Cordner, Mitchell Aubusson and Aiden Guerra to give Tom Symonds and Brad Taka proper game time and that also does not factor in Sonny Bill Williams.

There simply is not enough room to keep all of these players fighting for 2 starting spots and possibly only 1 bench spot every week. The only other argument made could be to release Shaun Kenny Dowall and play either Symonds or Takarangi in the centre position but all three are poor defenders and Dowall does know how to score tries regularly and given that Shaun Kenny Dowall was given an improved contract that I believe runs until the end of next year we would have to pay a large chunk of his wage to play somewhere else when we are not financially at ruin as the Penrith Panthers are and that would be disastrous.

There may come a time in the season when having those players as depth cover would have been very beneficial to our team but having a genuine hard man that can hold his own in the middle of the field such as Luke O'Donnell instead of the smaller Tiniro Arona will provide much more benefit in the long run. Our squad was greatly unbalanced by having such depth in our fringe forwards and having little options elsewhere around the football paddock.

Comment

Arona is on minimum wages, because he is a dud, end of story, Newtown level at best.

Comment

Working...
                          X