Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    Classic mate.

I remember all those joints everyone mentioned and no one mentioned the Cockers (Cock n Bull), The Tea Gardens, Players and (Billys) Billy the Pigs.

I'd end up down at The Bondi Hotel, Beach Club or The Kiwi Bar.

Great times.

I spent most of the 90's in those places..And Archie's as well..
    "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God:288221
      Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
      I remember Ian Herron playing for the Umina Bunnies a few years back and he was one of the softest ****s you've ever seen.

The Central Coast comp isn't really renowned for it's toughness anyway, but I fair dinkum watched this bloke refuse to get off his wing and go to fullback one day and he carried on like a spoilt 12 year old kid.

What a muppet.
      MG played for the Umina Bunnies didn't he??..

I'm sure he went there when he got kicked out for getting on the hong kongs...
      Yeah my old man played against Geyer. He played for Woy Woy and I remember them pumping a Geyer led Umina outfit 106-0 in the pissing down rain at Woy Woy oval one day.

One of my good mates who I work with now was the Bunnies halfback at the time and him, Geyer and a few other boys use to cause quite a stir most weekends.

Geyer got a yellow envelope every Friday night with about 2k in it so I'm told. It's most probably true because not long after that they went broke and couldn't pay anyone else because A) They paid Geyer more than they could afford and B) The canteen lady had been robbing them for months before she got done...bahahaha...

They also gave him a house rent free behind Umina bowlo and it was getting re-plastered almost every Monday morning because they would destroy it after every game.

Comment

Classic mate.

I remember all those joints everyone mentioned and no one mentioned the Cockers (Cock n Bull), The Tea Gardens, Players and (Billys) Billy the Pigs.

Great times.

And the Dog, and the side bar of the Coogee Bay, when it used to be full of pool tables, we referred to it as the Star Wars bar, oh, don't forget Selinas when the Divynals, Angels, Spys or Oils played, and the Regent, and the White Horse/Red Tomato Inn ....

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
          I spent most of the 90's in those places..And Archie's as well..
          The Watto for live bands, Selinas for Midnight Oil, Reds at Rose Bay and what was the place at North Sydney, Juliannas?. We used to call it "Ford Super Quiz". At 3am the girls were looking for a bloke with a car and the gus were looking for girls. Hence the name Ford Super Quix. "pick a box and if your lucky, you've got a car"
          Don't forget The Stoned Crow for Wednesday Night Divorcee night, similar Thursday at the Lord Dud and every night was divorcee night at Randiwix...
          Oh, the Halcyon days...(and nights) - spent a fortune on booze and trying to get lucky.....forgot Easts Rugby Club for music and drinks....
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

You guys are in your 40s also I'm gathering.

I remember The Aussie Rules, Gods Waiting Room or The Bondi Junction Rissole, Dolphin St, Base in Jamison St, The Dome at The Horden, The Freezer in Oxford St, Lucys Tavern, The Test Tube Factory, The Paddo Green, Paddo RSL for the cheap depth chargers, The Robin Hood, (The Coachies) The Coach and Horses, The Sheaf, The Denison became The Mill Hill, The Nelson, The Centennial and Bondi Diggers.

Shit that's a lot and the thing is I've probably forgot as many if not more.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Classic mate.

Great times.

I met my wife at the Cock'n'Bull.

Comment

Classic mate.

Great times.

Players.

LOL

Remember the two Tongan brothers that worked as bouncers there?
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  Players.

LOL

Remember the two Tongan brothers that worked as bouncers there?
                  $1 bourbons and scotches on Thursday nights for a few hours as a starter, they just poured us doubles and triples in the end, farking mental mate.

I remember those two blokes were as wide as they were tall and could thrash. Decent fellas though, looked after the locals. Their names are on the tip of my tounge, maybe sretsoor has a better memory???

Started some massive nights at Players. A few Waverley boys used to get there too at that time. Some funny shit occurred there.

I loved that about the Jungo didn't need to venture to the cross or city as often cos everything was within walking distance.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                    I met my wife at the Cock'n'Bull.
                    LOL, mate I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing???

The travelers den, I really liked it actually, had some great nights at The Cokkers.

I'm gonna pop in for a beer there next time I'm down.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

$1 bourbons and scotches on Thursday nights for a few hours as a starter, they just poured us doubles and triples in the end, farking mental mate.
                      I remember those two blokes were as wide as they were tall and could thrash. Decent fellas though, looked after the locals. Their names are on the tip of my tounge, maybe sretsoor has a better memory???
                      Started some massive nights at Players. A few Waverley boys used to get there too at that time. Some funny shit occurred there.
                      I loved that about the Jungo didn't need to venture to the cross or city as often cos everything was within walking distance.
                      Hey Christos, you must be thinking of Keli & Sam - the Tongan bookends. Nice blokes fortunately i never got to see their dark sides.
                      These days Sam is J.Ibrahim's PA and i was recently informed that Keli has sadly passed away.

Do you remember Incognitos @ Paddington? That place was such a blast for a wet behind the ears 16y.o ......very fond memories.

Comment

LOL, mate I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing???

The travelers den, I really liked it actually, had some great nights at The Cokkers.

I'm gonna pop in for a beer there next time I'm down.

I haven't been there since 91, good pick up though.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
                          Hey Christos, you must be thinking of Keli & Sam - the Tongan bookends. Nice blokes fortunately i never got to see their dark sides.
                          These days Sam is J.Ibrahim's PA and i was recently informed that Keli has sadly passed away.

Do you remember Incognitos @ Paddington? That place was such a blast for a wet behind the ears 16y.o ......very fond memories.
                          Cheers mate, Keli, I knew one was an unusual name, sad to hear he's gone. He once saved me from getting arrested.

Mr Ibrahim will be safe at least.

I do remember Incogs, but being a year or two younger than you fellas mummy wouldn't let me go.

Great times. I feel so privileged to have grown up in Bondi back in those days. Never a dull moment.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                            I haven't been there since 91, good pick up though.
                            Shit mate that's a long time.

Next time I'm down we are gonna meet up there for a few.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Keli and Sam. Great old school bouncers. Never needed to get violent, they had everyone's respect.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X