No announcement yet.

Sonny Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy can play - his workrate has been phenomenal as well.

Comment

Give him 3 weeks....... none of his former team mates are in the Dogs team, but he will punish their fans through the team !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

It's funny, our left side and right side seem to represent the old and the new Roosters.

Left side MJ, SBW and BBQ represents the new Roosters, is exciting and dangerous and will be where we score the majority of our points this year.
        The right side of Jnr, SKD and Co. represents old school Roosters with all the frustrations that we've come to expect over the past 3 or 4 years.

If we can at least get the right side solid and holding its own, then our left side will take us on to bigger and better things !

Comment

Pity we only have him for one year

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
            Pity we only have him for one year
            The Roosters must do everything they possibly can to retain him. He is a champion. We haven't had a champion since Fittler.

Pay him a million dollars. Let him box, play ice hockey, perform on Australian Idol - whatever.

Comment

I think I'm in the same boat as James Maloney... Quickly developing a man crush on Sonny!

Comment

Didn't like the signing from word go.........I'm starting like the look of the Humble Pie on the table

Getting better with every game. Supreme athlete & supports his team mates the whole game.

The only thing I can suggest to improve his results with us.......can we get more support runners following him?
                How many times have we seen him make a great bust, out of nothing...get the ball free to offload looking for support only to find no backup there?

Comment

Originally posted by Henryj View Post
                  The guy was phenomenal with his work rate tonight and laid on some brilliant passes to Jimmy and Jared.

In defence he was awesome. He was dominate in ball and all tackles and in my opinion holds on just enough to slow the play and gets off efficiently.

It's exciting how good he is going to get.
                  nail. head.
                  thought exactly the same thing son of Stephen.
                  he timed it perfectly each time. I thought it was yet another breath of fresh air.
                  speaking of which, ive almost fainted with all this fresh air being blown in my face.

Comment

also on sonny bill, he just seems to get his upper body through the tackle each time he runs the ball.
                    its amazing how three people can try and tackle and him and he still busts halfway through.

Comment

Ok..it's now Round 3 and I'm willing to eat humble pie and admit I misjudged SBW hugely. Like I've stated before, I know very little about him apart from what the media has shoved down my throat but I'm happy to share my own positive experience of him. A friend of mine is seriously ill and underwent some traumatic surgery on Friday. She is a big SBW fan as is her little daughter, who constantly draws pictures of him at kindy. I mentioned this to the membership girls this week and by Friday, there was a get well card in my PO box from SBW for me to send onto my friend.
                      "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                        also on sonny bill, he just seems to get his upper body through the tackle each time he runs the ball.
                        its amazing how three people can try and tackle and him and he still busts halfway through.
                        Like this.....158818-roosters.jpg
                        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Put it in perspective.

Out of the game for 5 years. Coming back from injury. No off season at all. Yet the last two weeks he was the only one of our forwards to play 80 minutes.

To think people were questioning his professionalism or fitness.

He is just a champion player.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                            Didn't like the signing from word go.........I'm starting like the look of the Humble Pie on the table
                            Chooksta,
                            Don't be selfish with the humble pie. We insist you share it with the Filthy one .
                            P.S At least you've got the kahoonas to front-up and admit you wrongs......kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                              Like this.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]1093[/ATTACH]
                              case and point.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                                Players have to run with him at every opportunity. At the moment they need to support him, especially the halves and Mini. Every time he has the ball he is capable of popping or passing the ball. Even in defense he is incredible. He is always looking to make a one on one strip in most tackles.

Comment

Working...
                                X