Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are some on here being a little too precious ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danish View Post
    If people can't see that Pearce is a hindrance and not a help towards our premiership ambitions in 2013 then they are the ones who cannot be objective.

We defended brilliantly, yes. We also should have racked up a handful more tries and desperately need a 7 and 9 who actually know what they are doing inside the opposition 20. We won the penalty count and scored all the points but they somehow still had all the ball, largely because Pearce is incapable of building pressure by earning repeat sets, and friend is too stupid to realise this and start giving the ball to Maloney's side of the attack inside the 20 instead of to super boy.

You can win games on courage and guts alone against bottom of the 8 sides, but if we are to match it with the top sides we'll need a hell of a lot more than that
    That pretty well sums it up.

Comment

If people can't see that Pearce is a hindrance and not a help towards our premiership ambitions in 2013 then they are the ones who cannot be objective.

We defended brilliantly, yes. We also should have racked up a handful more tries and desperately need a 7 and 9 who actually know what they are doing inside the opposition 20. We won the penalty count and scored all the points but they somehow still had all the ball, largely because Pearce is incapable of building pressure by earning repeat sets, and friend is too stupid to realise this and start giving the ball to Maloney's side of the attack inside the 20 instead of to super boy.

You can win games on courage and guts alone against bottom of the 8 sides, but if we are to match it with the top sides we'll need a hell of a lot more than that
      I would take a better halfback in a heartbeart, but think to yourself.

Who is a better option than Pearce?
      Who is on the market?

AND IF YOU THINK SAM WILLIAMS FROM CANBERRA IS A BETTER HALFBACK YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
        Well said.. The ones who don't like it seem to prefer personal attacks on posters as they aren't able to critically analyse performances objectively.
        Yes like calling a host of posters idiots because they dared disagree Probably not what you are referring to though But worth remembering before posting the above
        Last edited by Andrew Walker; 03-25-2013, 10:52 AM.
        When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
          Anyone who disagrees with my opinion had no idea. As for the rest of the team, we a need a more creative rake and we need to swap positions with Mini and RTS. Also I'd be sending FPN to Henson Park, other than that I'm very very happy with the side.
          Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon_Goat View Post
            I would take a better halfback in a heartbeart, but think to yourself.

Who is a better option than Pearce?
            Who is on the market?

AND IF YOU THINK SAM WILLIAMS FROM CANBERRA IS A BETTER HALFBACK YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

There aren't any now, but there have been plenty on the market over the last 5 seasons that we could have taken a run at.

We are stuck with Pearce, I understand that. What we need to do now is teach Friend not to go to him almost exclusively inside the 20 to nullify his negative impact on our goal line attack. Maloney should be given the chance to run the show inside the 20 for a couple weeks to see if we can get more points on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
              Fixed it for you.
              Hahaha well played sir

Comment

We have not been good attacking inside the 20 for a few seasons now. It's been a weak point in our play for sure.

In saying that hard to use Saturday nights game as a measure, we were hardly ever down there.

Funny thing is in 08 we were called Tries Off Kicks by some bloke who loved to Tebag Only Koreans. And PearceOrf was a major part of that.

What went wrong with PearceOrffs short kicking game??? He had a sweet bomb going that season also.

Shame really cos our 1/2s can get the ball our to their weapons well, they both have running games and can tackle. But BOTH their short kicking games blow. You have to include Baloney there cos he's gotta take control of the situation if PearceOrf isn't able to do so. That's why we bought him.

Early season, a lot to work on, I'm gonna be patient.

No use goin off like a DonnaKebab.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  Yes like calling a host of posters idiots because they dared disagree Probably not what you are referring to though But worth remembering before posting the above
                  Get over it mate.

You have called people much worse on here. The idiot thing was very much tongue in cheek I guess some people are very sensitive.

On the Mini issue I posted one thread a week ago. He played poorly yet it seems he isn't held to same standards as other because of what he has done.

I'm not blinded by sentiment. I call it as I see it. Mini played better this week and I gave him credit. People on here can't do the same.

Also since my thread there have probably been at least another 5, including a very one sided poll. Despite the attacks that have come my way like I said at the time, I'm in majority.

Finally this place is honestly full of hypocrites. As soon as a poster reads something they don't like they trot out the usual rubbish.

"Would you say it to their face"

"You go out there and do better"

Every poster on here at some stage has bagged a player, coach, official, referee, commentator, journalist, CEO, board member.

Do I need to go on? The title is right people are too fuucking precious

People on here have to get it through their heads it's nothing personal. It's a footy fan forum at some stage everyone is going to get criticized.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
                    Get over it mate.

You have called people much worse on here. The idiot thing was very much tongue in cheek I guess some people are very sensitive.

On the Mini issue I posted one thread a week ago. He played poorly yet it seems he isn't held to same standards as other because of what he has done.

I'm not blinded by sentiment. I call it as I see it. Mini played better this week and I gave him credit. People on here can't do the same.

Also since my thread there have probably been at least another 5, including a very one sided poll. Despite the attacks that have come my way like I said at the time, I'm in majority.

Finally this place is honestly full of hypocrites. As soon as a poster reads something they don't like they trot out the usual rubbish.

"Would you say it to their face"

"You go out there and do better"

Every poster on here at some stage has bagged a player, coach, official, referee, commentator, journalist, CEO, board member.

Do I need to go on? The title is right people are too fuucking precious

People on here have to get it through their heads it's nothing personal. It's a footy fan forum at some stage everyone is going to get criticized.

I've even had people criticize me maaaaaaaaaate.

What's the world coming to I say.

Good post though brother.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
                      +1

Unfortunately too many toffs around the place who cannot handle the tongue and cheek.

Comment

Brisbane Broncos had all the ball because we made 16 errors in the match. That is only 3 less than than our first 2 rounds combined. How is that related to Mitchell Pearce or Jake Friend ability to play rugby league or even win our team a premiership?

Comment

Originally posted by Bahhhhhhhhhhh View Post
                          +1

Unfortunately too many toffs around the place who cannot handle the tongue and cheek.
                          Nothing wrong with a bit of tounge in cheek action mate, except when it's grandmas tounge.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            Nothing wrong with a bit of tounge in cheek action mate, except when it's grandmas tounge.

No you're right, but I'd rather a tongue on my vesling line in truth. A bit of "sack" action is the best type of action

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                              Some of you guys are being precious. An "objective" person can see the strengths and weaknesses in the team's effort regardless of the result.

If you guys are not alarmed at the lopsided possession and the reasons for it, then I have a fair idea which supporters are incapable of objectivity.
                              How is someone objective when week in week out they are critical of a player , like Mini and when Mini has a good game say that yes he had a good game but... bring back an error he made the previous week to counter act that positive comment? Hypocrites are many here.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                                How is someone objective when week in week out they are critical of a player , like Mini and when Mini has a good game say that yes he had a good game but... bring back an error he made the previous week to counter act that positive comment? Hypocrites are many here.

You tell em Yoda.

Comment

Working...
                                X