Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are some on here being a little too precious ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm delighted to right that i think mini had a good game against brisvegas, he defended our in goal well, no stooping to pick it up, just kick it straight out! tackled well in goal line defence even returned the ball a lot harder? he even managed to stray out of the back line most of the time? please keep it up mini and youl stay in your preferred fullback spot a lot longer. also as captain he seemed to rally the boys in desperate defence when needed, a good captains game, even when deciding to take the 2 points on offer for the penalty put more pressure on brisvegas making them realise they have to score twice TRIES rushing their plays!

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
      Brisbane Broncos had all the ball because we made 16 errors in the match. That is only 3 less than than our first 2 rounds combined. How is that related to Mitchell Pearce or Jake Friend ability to play rugby league or even win our team a premiership?

Not all errors involve a knock on or incomplete set (notice we only had 9 incomplete sets for the evening). That doesn't account for a 55-45 possession count. the broncos got some ball given to them through errors, but they also managed to earn themselves a heap more through repeated line drop outs.

Pearce's 5th tackle option in the 20 are horrendous, with repeated grubbers drilled into the back fence or simply chipped down a wingers throat. Friend's decision making is horrible, forever trying to run stupid low percentage bowling ball plays with the props instead of feeding the ball to the backrow and backline that we've spent so much time and money developing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
        Not all errors involve a knock on or incomplete set (notice we only had 9 incomplete sets for the evening). That doesn't account for a 55-45 possession count. the broncos got some ball given to them through errors, but they also managed to earn themselves a heap more through repeated line drop outs.

Pearce's 5th tackle option in the 20 are horrendous, with repeated grubbers drilled into the back fence or simply chipped down a wingers throat. Friend's decision making is horrible, forever trying to run stupid low percentage bowling ball plays with the props instead of feeding the ball to the backrow and backline that we've spent so much time and money developing.
        Brisbane Broncos had 9 extra sets of 6 than we did and they completed 1 less set of 6 than we attempted all night long. If you think that errors did not make our evening difficult by handing Brisbane opportunity after opportunity to attack our line then I believe you are being unfair.

Comment

They didn't help, but you can't always control dropped ball. Every team in the NRL are going to complete 75-85% of their sets in just about every game of league played this year.

Capitalising on those opportunities by building pressure and earning some repeat sets is what we need to work on. Friend put through our first decent grubber of the year in the 78th minute just by rolling it behind a defender. Clearly it isn't that hard, but our side seems to struggle with it every year

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            I'm delighted to right that i think mini had a good game against brisvegas, he defended our in goal well, no stooping to pick it up, just kick it straight out! tackled well in goal line defence even returned the ball a lot harder? he even managed to stray out of the back line most of the time? please keep it up mini and youl stay in your preferred fullback spot a lot longer. also as captain he seemed to rally the boys in desperate defence when needed, a good captains game, even when deciding to take the 2 points on offer for the penalty put more pressure on brisvegas making them realise they have to score twice TRIES rushing their plays!
            Now that's a good comment... Keep it up SJ

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              mate rts is not ready.
              he is open on the wing and he should be dominant in attack and defence.

he is going to be ready soon but mini is the safest under the high ball, he is the best at the back for organising the get out of jail free attack in our 10. rts doesnt own a voice that others in the team will reccognise as some one to listen too. it will come along with the rts confidence. the only way rts will play will be if mini is killed by a fcuken big bus. mini is super fit and will go the distance. sure i accept his moth style of attack but what he lacks as an attacker he picks up in defence.
              RTS will make errors.....but not as many as The Moth. His footwork bringing the ball back will beat the first 2 every time. Minichiello submits before even reaching the line. Mini should finish his career this year, on the wing, where he can have a top season.
              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1:289023
                yes. players have bad games here and there. others go in form slumps. we could easily have lost that game, but we didn't.
                Farrk off you joke, you're probably one of the most negative on here.

I'm pretty certain that you haven't backed Easts once this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                  They didn't help, but you can't always control dropped ball. Every team in the NRL are going to complete 75-85% of their sets in just about every game of league played this year.

Capitalising on those opportunities by building pressure and earning some repeat sets is what we need to work on. Friend put through our first decent grubber of the year in the 78th minute just by rolling it behind a defender. Clearly it isn't that hard, but our side seems to struggle with it every year
                  Your concerns about repeat sets and Mitchell Pearce's short kicking game are most definitely warranted and I wholeheartedly agree with you there however I do not believe that Mitchell Pearce's short kicking game is to blame for Brisbane dominating possession. In recent seasons I believe our completion rate is below %70 and we are the worst team in this regard. The amount of incomplete sets and penalties we concede per game have been our downfall for far too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post

you obviously don't know me personally. im negative because im preparing myself for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1:289379
                      Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post

you obviously don't know me personally. im negative because im preparing myself for the worst.
                      Prepare for the best...more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                        How is someone objective when week in week out they are critical of a player , like Mini and when Mini has a good game say that yes he had a good game but... bring back an error he made the previous week to counter act that positive comment? Hypocrites are many here.
                        It is not what Mini does. It is what he doesn't do. Anyone with a clue can see that RTS can run the ball better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          It is not what Mini does. It is what he doesn't do. Anyone with a clue can see that RTS can run the ball better than him.
                          Well if being fullback it's just about running with the ball better, then we should get someone who runs. Unfortunately for those with 'a clue' being fullback is a lot more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                            Well if being fullback it's just about running with the ball better, then we should get someone who runs. Unfortunately for those with 'a clue' being fullback is a lot more than that.
                            Are stifling 5th tackle options, overrunning grubber kicks, and slapping at the ball in defense important assets? On the weekend he almost added the Hodges suicide in-goal pass to his arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                              Are stifling 5th tackle options, overrunning grubber kicks, and slapping at the ball in defense important assets? On the weekend he almost added the Hodges suicide in-goal pass to his arsenal.
                              Wasn't that a massive brain snap. Fark were lucky it came off though. That could have been the confidence booster the broncos needed.
                              Even the die hard Mini lovers could not have defended that surely. I love mini but can't find myself to keep defending him. I'm salivating waiting for the kid to get his shot back there. I'll take the school boy errors because his sheer attacking ability will more then make up for it

Comment

Lol, you knock Mini and then crap on about how good Pearce is.

Comment

Working...
                                X