Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    For what it's worth Tony I still stand by my original comments;

Think about everything Maloney has done this year and tell me it doesn't shadow the role of a good supporting fullback. It's why playing him as a traditional 5/8 was a stroke of genius from Robbo. If we'd split he and Pearce on either side of the field he'd be required to do too much of the playmaking and we'd lose his good running game.

Maloney playing well doesn't surprise me at all, I said all pre-season he would. I still maintain for the balance of the side we need a creative playmaker next to Pearce. I'm just hoping that comes in the form of Sheck at fullback otherwise I do worry about our ability to put points on against the best sides in the competition.
    this is absolutely vintage 6...

You said before round 1 that he was the wrong fit for our side

Now you say "Maloney playing well doesn't surprise me at all"

haha

here''s one of the things you said;

"I'm looking at the bigger picture, if Maloney isn't the right signing and I don't believe he is then we're another 3 years (his contract length) off from making a push for the premiership"
    Last edited by tony the wheel; 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
      this is absolutely vintage 6...

You said before round 1 that he was the wrong fit for our side

Now you say "Maloney playing well doesn't surprise me at all"

haha

here''s one of the things you said;

"I'm looking at the bigger picture, if Maloney isn't the right signing and I don't believe he is then we're another 3 years (his contract length) off from making a push for the premiership"
      I still stand by that, playing well and being a good fit CAN BE mutually exclusive. Do you disagree?

Comment

I still stand by that, playing well and being a good fit CAN BE mutually exclusive. Do you disagree?
        you are seriously farked up 6

all your comments about him, including him being "a rushed signing" and "not the right signing" and "not the right fit" all say something about your view of him as a player, and now you're happy to sit back and say "maloney playing well doesn't surprise me at all"

and you were the guy who defended Braith to the hilt, even stating that carney needed to stay at fullback because Braith was absolutely the best option to play 5/8

now we have a 5/8 who's 10 times the player Braith is, but he's "not the right signing"

who is then? Braith?

you are mad mate

Comment

you are seriously farked up 6

all your comments about him, including him being "a rushed signing" and "not the right signing" and "not the right fit" all say something about your view of him as a player, and now you're happy to sit back and say "maloney playing well doesn't surprise me at all"

and you were the guy who defended Braith to the hilt, even stating that carney needed to stay at fullback because Braith was absolutely the best option to play 5/8

now we have a 5/8 who's 10 times the player Braith is, but he's "not the right signing"

who is then? Braith?

you are mad mate
          What are you talking about? I always called for Carney at 5/8. So much so as soon as I heard about Carney moving to 5/8 I put a some money on the Roosters @ $36 to take out the comp.

I was a big fan of Braith to the backrow, there's numerous threads I started claiming he should be playing lock.

If you're willing to address my actual post and aren't going to make up lies to suit your argument I'll be more than happy to reply to your posts but until then don't feel the need to reply to me.

Comment

What are you talking about? I always called for Carney at 5/8. So much so as soon as I heard about Carney moving to 5/8 I put a some money on the Roosters @ $36 to take out the comp.

I was a big fan of Braith to the backrow, there's numerous threads I started claiming he should be playing lock.

If you're willing to address my actual post and aren't going to make up lies to suit your argument I'll be more than happy to reply to your posts but until then don't feel the need to reply to me.
            bullshit. Lucky for you the archives don't go back that far, as you well know. I used to refer to you as "the last man on the Braith train"

and I did address your actual post

You can't have it both ways 6, you can't bang on before the season starts about about a guy being the wrong signing, being a rushed signing, being not the right fit, and then after 3 rounds sit back and say that him playing well "doesn't surprise you at all"

well it must mate, because you said he was all wrong

you're some sort of screwed up pathological liar 6

Comment

bullshit. Lucky for you the archives don't go back that far, as you well know. I used to refer to you as "the last man on the Braith train"

and I did address your actual post

You can't have it both ways 6, you can't bang on before the season starts about about a guy being the wrong signing, being a rushed signing, being not the right fit, and then after 3 rounds sit back and say that him playing well "doesn't surprise you at all"

well it must mate, because you said he was all wrong

you're some sort of screwed up pathological liar 6
              My threads of my support for Anasta's move to the backrow are still around... strange thing for a bloke who supported him as a 5/8 to be doing, don't you think?

I always thought Anasta was underrated on here hence why I made a lot of arguments in his favour but that doesn't mean by default I thought he was a better 5/8 than Carney. That's just something you've made up to discredit my argument, something you must have picked up from hanging around at NewsLtd.

If you wish to debate my question then do so otherwise I can't be bothered replying to your crap anymore... do you not agree that performance and being a good fit can be mutually exclusive?

Comment

My threads of my support for Anasta's move to the backrow are still around... strange thing for a bloke who supported him as a 5/8 to be doing, don't you think?

I always thought Anasta was underrated on here hence why I made a lot of arguments in his favour but that doesn't mean by default I thought he was a better 5/8 than Carney. That's just something you've made up to discredit my argument, something you must have picked up from hanging around at NewsLtd.

If you wish to debate my question then do so otherwise I can't be bothered replying to your crap anymore... do you not agree that performance and being a good fit can be mutually exclusive?
                you supported his move to the backrow because you had nowhere else to go after he was proven to be a total flop at 5/8 - the position in which you'd supported him and talked him up for so long

and no you flip, you can't perform well and also be the wrong signing/rushed signing/wrong fit.

that's just the stupid word games you like to get into when you're wrong and have nowhere else to go

like your creative vs vision gibberish

Comment

Fire up ladies.

Sorry to insult you genuine ladies by that comment.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Has looked better in three games than Pearce has in his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                      Fire up ladies.

Sorry to insult you genuine ladies by that comment.

WELL!
                      You're bloody wet blanket, you are

They've sulked off to their rooms.

Comment

Wow can't believe we actually have a 5/8th again ! Maloney doesn't show me how bad Pearce has been ... It shows me how much we're benefiting actually having a real partner for Pearce . I will never forget 0 runs for 0 metres by Captain Marvel Anasta GOOD ****ING RIDDANCE !!!!
                        We are the Fonk

Comment

Originally posted by Chooks4Life View Post
                          Wow can't believe we actually have a 5/8th again ! Maloney doesn't show me how bad Pearce has been ... It shows me how much we're benefiting actually having a real partner for Pearce . I will never forget 0 runs for 0 metres by Captain Marvel Anasta GOOD ****ING RIDDANCE !!!!
                          the kit lady misses him

Comment

Jim Jim as an attacker vs Pearce as an attacker = no comparison

Jim Jim will prove to be our most valuable player

Can you imagine if he got injured? What would we have, Pearce and Mortimer in the halves? Scary thought
                            Yet its still better than having Sutton in the halves.
                            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                              Yet its still better than having Sutton in the halves.
                              you reckon souths would swap sutton for mortimer?

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X