Some stats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danish View Post
    I'd like to see what they count as a line break assist these days. If simply passing the ball to Jennings then having him step his way through the line constitutes a line break assist then a few players will be racking them up this season.

Our problem is that we are breaking the line regularly from the neutral zone which is giving them time to defend it. Our line breaking ability in the attacking 20 (where a try automatically results after breaking the line) would still be quite poor
    No, the majority of Jennings linebreaks have been recorded as individual. A linebreak assist is when you put someone through a gap, not just pass the ball and to them and then they do all the hard work...

Comment

We also have the biggest total crowds (home plus away) by about 20,000.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
        which flies in the face of the "its pearce's fault argument" doesnt it. Its the halves job to create the opportunities (we are making the linebreaks so obviouisly its not an issue) and the outside backs responsibility to finish it off. Maybe we should be barrating Tupou, RTS, Jennings and SKD instead. But that probably would make too much sense.

The grand irony is that on the one hand you have pearce who has done some good things but is a little rushed at times and not quite making the right decision every time but being prosecuted; yet on the other hand you have jennings who like pearce is doing some good things but has bombed more tries than he has produced yet he is being touted as a saviour. Amazing how 2 players with the same issue (decision-making and execution) are being given completely different treatment on here. Both the same age and with the same rep regimes and experience.
        Exactly what I've been saying in other threads roz.

The newbies are all shiney and excused for making the exact same errors as the blokes who have been part of the furniture for seasons.

Imagine SKiD had bombed the same amount of tries AV had so far??? Someone would've been on the grassy knoll outside the SFS.

I've watched Baloney fluff as many kicks as Pearce in our 3 outings, different types of kicks, but just as important at the time. But he's new so it's ignored.

Gush.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Interesting that guys like Tony The Wally don't comment in this thread about Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
            Interesting that guys like Tony The Wally don't comment in this thread about Pearce.
            Or Ray (I hate Pearce and his Friend Friend) Stehr....

I have been watching Pearce over the years, and while yes he is no Thurston or Cronk. He is a good first grade half and it wouldn't surprise me in the next two to three years that he will be part of a premiership here at the Roosters.

I think the stats are encouraging as the team will take time to gel and even though we are turning over the pill all too often...TR will drum into the boys better ball security and hopefully with more possession Pearce will not feel all too rushed every time we get into the oppositions 20m zone.

Also as per earlier posts the high tackle count made and low misses means that the attitude within the playing group is excellent and they are working hard for each other.

The linebreaks made stat is also encouraging. While we are not having many converted into tries ATM..IMHO this will improve as we go further into the season as combinations develop. I am not expecting a premiership or a GF berth this season but it wouldn't surprise me if we go far into the finals possibly a prelim final.
            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
              Or Ray (I hate Pearce and his Friend Friend) Stehr....

I have been watching Pearce over the years, and while yes he is no Thurston or Cronk. He is a good first grade half and it wouldn't surprise me in the next two to three years that he will be part of a premiership here at the Roosters.

I think the stats are encouraging as the team will take time to gel and even though we are turning over the pill all too often...TR will drum into the boys better ball security and hopefully with more possession Pearce will not feel all too rushed every time we get into the oppositions 20m zone.

Also as per earlier posts the high tackle count made and low misses means that the attitude within the playing group is excellent and they are working hard for each other.

The linebreaks made stat is also encouraging. While we are not having many converted into tries ATM..IMHO this will improve as we go further into the season as combinations develop. I am not expecting a premiership or a GF berth this season but it wouldn't surprise me if we go far into the finals possibly a prelim final.
              Actually Pearce is better than a good first grade half....he is an A Grade Stud judging on who he scored with last season. I don't think Cronk or Thursty bettered that last year.
              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
              X