Guerra fit for selection this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerra fit for selection this week

just saw a tweet from Dr John Orchard confirming Guerra is fit for selection this weekend

will be interesting to see what Robbo does with team selection this weekend, I still get the feeling O'Donnell is a little off the pace, but due to team balance he is unlikely to make way for Guerra as O'Donnell is playing more a lock/reserve prop role rather than a wide running backrower.

if Cordners shoulder is still ok for him to play it seems likely that it will come down to either Guerra/Maubs as the final spot on the bench.

its amazing to think with Tasi/Bosden/Guerra all returning in the last fortnight that Moga is the only topline player unavailable due to injury.

take a look at a possible Jets starting pack this weekend :

Evans
    Bosden
    Napa
    Guerra
    Tasi
    Arona

I'd say be misses out which is a shame for the bloke because he hasn't done anything wrong. Personally I'd rather him over FPN but it won't happen.

Comment

I don't get the FNP bashing? He has been a revelation this year, strong runs, good line speed in defence and not taking a backward step, even gave the refs a gobful after yet another bullshit penalty on Saturday night.

Chook.

Comment

while i trust the coaching staff, it is this that makes me wonder why we dont just let cordner have the surgery now as from what Ive heard, it wouldnt make him sit out the whole season and then in the interim, let all the other guys fight it out to crystalise our best pack at which point we can bring cordner back in. I think an 18 man squad will be named with Guerra. Not sure who he will drop but. Mortimer and Moa on face value would be the 2 biggest chances to get dropped but moa has been outstanding and Robinson seriously rates mortimer and what he adds to the team in not only relieving friend but also in giving us an extra attacking dimension. A good problem to have nevertheless

Comment

Very good headache for the coaching team. Can't really see any of those who played last Saturday being dropped. The only possibility would be O'Donnell or Mortimer. But O'Donnell is part of the front row rotation & Mortimer has been going well, so Guerra may have to bide his time with the Jets.

Comment

drop skids , slide maubs and plonk guerra as a second row/utility.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
              while i trust the coaching staff, it is this that makes me wonder why we dont just let cordner have the surgery now as from what Ive heard, it wouldnt make him sit out the whole season and then in the interim, let all the other guys fight it out to crystalise our best pack at which point we can bring cordner back in. I think an 18 man squad will be named with Guerra. Not sure who he will drop but. Mortimer and Moa on face value would be the 2 biggest chances to get dropped but moa has been outstanding and Robinson seriously rates mortimer and what he adds to the team in not only relieving friend but also in giving us an extra attacking dimension. A good problem to have nevertheless
              May have something to do with the injury list of Guerra, Tasi and Bosden. Once they are back (and match fit) I'm sure if will be discussed once again.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                if you really think aubs is a better centre than SKD, you're kidding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                  I don't get the FNP bashing? He has been a revelation this year, strong runs, good line speed in defence and not taking a backward step, even gave the refs a gobful after yet another bullshit penalty on Saturday night.

Chook.
                  Yeah FPN stats were impressive against the ponies 5 Runs for 39 mtrs, kind of numbers you want from a starting forward.

Comment

thats the only way to fit in guerra. or drive over mini , rts to fb skid to wing and guerra to utility/centre
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                      That wont happen But it is a decent enough idea It will sure as hell sew that side of the field defensively
                      When you trust your television
                      what you get is what you got
                      Cause when they own the information
                      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by MattO*Luvs*Cocks View Post
                        Yeah FPN stats were impressive against the ponies 5 Runs for 39 mtrs, kind of numbers you want from a starting forward.
                        Wow, he seemed to be busier than that.

Chook.

Comment

Only real option is to punt SKD and Maubs to Newtown, SBW to Centre, and Guerra onto the bench, I personally would drop Tupou to Newtown and bring in Oldfield on the wing, we brought him to do that, and thats where he should be, Tupou is too mistake prone for firstgrade at the moment. Play the ball infringements 3 weeks in a row is unforgivable, as well as countless loose carries.he needs more time to get his game together.

Comment

Seeing as we're 2 from 3 at the moment, with a real possibility of going 3 from 4...why is everyone advocating switching the team around to accommodate Guerra?

I like him as a player, but why change a winning team? He'll get his chance again soon enough.

So far we've had SKD to Newtown, Aubs to Newton, FPN to Newtown, Aubs to centre, Sonny Jim to centre......seriously, if some of you blokes were coach, we'd never play the same team 2 weeks on the trot.

Ever heard of continuity?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                              Seeing as we're 2 from 3 at the moment, with a real possibility of going 3 from 4...why is everyone advocating switching the team around to accommodate Guerra?

I like him as a player, but why change a winning team? He'll get his chance again soon enough.

So far we've had SKD to Newtown, Aubs to Newton, FPN to Newtown, Aubs to centre, Sonny Jim to centre......seriously, if some of you blokes were coach, we'd never play the same team 2 weeks on the trot.

Ever heard of continuity?
                              And remember the outcry last season whenever Smiffy dared change a winning side.

Newbies Gush factor.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X