Guerra fit for selection this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    Robbo has gonna have to work on some things .Youve got SBW , Cordner and Guerra running on the left feeding off Maloney creating plenty of opportunities for Jennings and Toupo and basically Maubs on the right feeding off Pearce creating bugger all for SKD and RTS no wonder our right side attack is crappy.
    Baloney has scored 2 tries himself feeding off PearceOrf and $BW. He's a hole runner mostly.

Maubs and SKiD have each scored on that right side.

AV has bombed about 4-5 tries so far. But looked the man most likely.

Our 1/2s are playing both sides often passing together like traditional 1/2s used to. PearceOrf put Baloney over, PearceOrf put Maubs over and Baloney put SKiD over.

Our wingers haven't received much at all as yet. But it will come I'm sure. In fact I notice we are doing what we did at the start of last season, the wingers and centers and FB share the first 4-5 hit ups off our line. But of course that's been conveniently missed cos it wouldn't suit to admit the new coach agrees with a lot of what the old coach did.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
      Our wingers haven't received much at all as yet. But it will come I'm sure. In fact I notice we are doing what we did at the start of last season, the wingers and centers and FB share the first 4-5 hit ups off our line. But of course that's been conveniently missed cos it wouldn't suit to admit the new coach agrees with a lot of what the old coach did.

There ya go again........putting in a plug for ya old man, yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
        There ya go again........putting in a plug for ya old man, yet again.
        Lol, someone's gotta wrap the old carnt maaaaaaaaate.

Fact remains like the new players many gush about, the new coach is in the same boat ATM. The honeymoon.

I find the human aspect so amusing. We criticize those players who we have seen for years in our colours but fail to criticize the newbies for the EXACT same reasons.

I have nothing wrong with criticism, it's healthy, but when it's not shared evenly or truthfully then I find the need to point and .

The human factor I call it.

I will be the one Ing too when the wheel eventually turns, as it always does. When the newbies become part of the furniture and their flaws are exposed and opinion goes south.

Lemmings.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Lol, someone's gotta wrap the old carnt maaaaaaaaate.

Fact remains like the new players many gush about, the new coach is in the same boat ATM. The honeymoon.

I find the human aspect so amusing. We criticize those players who we have seen for years in our colours but fail to criticize the newbies for the EXACT same reasons.

I have nothing wrong with criticism, it's healthy, but when it's not shared evenly or truthfully then I find the need to point and .

The human factor I call it.

I will be the one Ing too when the wheel eventually turns, as it always does. When the newbies become part of the furniture and their flaws are exposed and opinion goes south.

Lemmings.

Fair call.
          From what i have seen so far, the new signings have shown to be worthy of the $ paid, but as you say early days & who knows what they will end up like?
          I'll reserve judgement on the team as a unit until about rd 6 & then see how we are going. I won't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet.
          And it is funny how different fans see different things with the players. One will see "a" forward as a lazy useless piece of furniture while another will see "a" as a world beater. FPN, Maubs, Guerra etc attract a lot of this type of attention (I purposely stayed away from Pearce & Mini ). Me? I think that FPN is playing better than last year & improving. Same with Maubs & Guerra. Because they aren't the zip zip men getting the on screen attention their hard work goes basically unnoticed. Let's not forget that without these "workmen" doing their job the zip zip men wouldn't be looking so good.

Early days, peeps..

Patience.
          Go for a walk instead of bashing your brains out on the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
            thats the only way to fit in guerra. or drive over mini , rts to fb skid to wing and guerra to utility/centre
            You're kidding aren't you??

Comment

Fair call.
              From what i have seen so far, the new signings have shown to be worthy of the $ paid, but as you say early days & who knows what they will end up like?
              I'll reserve judgement on the team as a unit until about rd 6 & then see how we are going. I won't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet.
              And it is funny how different fans see different things with the players. One will see "a" forward as a lazy useless piece of furniture while another will see "a" as a world beater. FPN, Maubs, Guerra etc attract a lot of this type of attention (I purposely stayed away from Pearce & Mini ). Me? I think that FPN is playing better than last year & improving. Same with Maubs & Guerra. Because they aren't the zip zip men getting the on screen attention their hard work goes basically unnoticed. Let's not forget that without these "workmen" doing their job the zip zip men wouldn't be looking so good.

Early days, peeps..

Patience.
              Go for a walk instead of bashing your brains out on the keyboard.
              Agreed mate.

Personally I will wait till later in the season before I judge all the players and coach. I do like what I have seen so far and actually believe we are in a slightly better place than I thought we would be.

There is far too much footy to play and variables to come to judge as yet, IMO.

I do find it very amusing how humans act and react. The lemming/sheeple trait is very telling. As is the shiney new one.

I understand everyone has their opinion and I don't bag anyone who chucks it out there. But when people try to back their opinions with facts that are incorrect well that's just Doufus IMO.

I'm a big believer in the "workman" in all teams. A champion team over a team of champions is a great true cliche. And it's good to see the coach stressing the team point whenever he's had the opportunity. I like his style.

What's really sad is the amount of people who look to push blame from their favs onto the ones they hate. So human it's beyond IMO.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

The new players have got it all over the old lot.

Without Maloney, Jennings and SBW the Broncs would've caned us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                  The new players have got it all over the old lot.

Without Maloney, Jennings and SBW the Broncs would've caned us.
                  Yes but you're comparing Baloney, AV and $BW with our ex-players Bwaiff, BJ and Taka/Symonds/Cherro.

I'm talking about PearceOrf, SKiDs and Maubs etc, the ones we still have.

The new boys have done similar to the old boys we still have so far after only 3 games.

If anything I'd have thought our coaching would have as much if not more to do with our 2/3 start as the new boys.

And even then we were 2/3 from memory last season at the same time.

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying what I'm seeing from the new buys and the new coach but equally I have seen improvement in the old blokes in the side also. I also am realistic enough to realize it will take them ALL time to gel and fit into their new roles.

Ive just been pointing out how many seem to take the opinion it's fine to let the new boys adjust but demand the old boys fix years of bad habits by round one, eg: the SKiD and RTS defensive issues and how both were treated differently by many.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Yes but you're comparing Baloney, AV and $BW with our ex-players Bwaiff, BJ and Taka/Symonds/Cherro.

I'm talking about PearceOrf, SKiDs and Maubs etc, the ones we still have.

The new boys have done similar to the old boys we still have so far after only 3 games.

If anything I'd have thought our coaching would have as much if not more to do with our 2/3 start as the new boys.

And even then we were 2/3 from memory last season at the same time.

Don't get me wrong I am enjoying what I'm seeing from the new buys and the new coach but equally I have seen improvement in the old blokes in the side also. I also am realistic enough to realize it will take them ALL time to gel and fit into their new roles.

Ive just been pointing out how many seem to take the opinion it's fine to let the new boys adjust but demand the old boys fix years of bad habits by round one, eg: the SKiD and RTS defensive issues and how both were treated differently by many.

You make good points, but I wouldn't put RTS in the "old" catergory. He hasn't had the privilage or opportunity of working with some of our past coaches. /sarcasm

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                      You make good points, but I wouldn't put RTS in the "old" catergory. He hasn't had the privilage or opportunity of working with some of our past coaches. /sarcasm

Chook.
                      Is this a disclaimer, Bwian?

Comment

Is this a disclaimer, Bwian?
                        No it's a proclaimer.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                          No it's a proclaimer.

Chook.
                          We miss you, Smiffy