Big month ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big month ahead

5 day turn around in Canberra will be a tough ask for the boys, getting the two points in Canberra is always a hard task regardless of how good their team is.

Then a 6 day turn around against the 2012 minor premiers who should have their full strength side bar Graham by then, the hype around the game will be huge. For such a young side it'll be a big challenge to not fold under the pressure.

Then the Anzac day game, 2 week turn around with some rep fixtures in the middle. History hasn't been kind to us in recent seasons... this is the win I want more than anything.

We'll be expected to come away with 4 points out of those 3 games but I reckon it's a lot harder than it looks on paper. This is going to be a real test for the boys. I think this will give us a better idea of just how far along our side actually is in their development as opposed to the past 4 rounds.

I hate to be the kill joy but so far we've only played one big match and we were beaten quite convincingly. These are all big games in their own right.

Isn't Canberra a Sunday 6.30 game, which I thought was ideal after a Monday night game?

Comment

I am just looking at the next match and hoping we win that. One week at a time for me.
      When you trust your television
      what you get is what you got
      Cause when they own the information
      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
        Isn't Canberra a Sunday 6.30 game, which I thought was ideal after a Monday night game?
        Sorry, you're right.

It's a 6 day turn around then a 5 day turn around. Got it mixed up.

Comment

The real litmus test for our club will be playing Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval on a Monday night before flying up to Townsville to take on the North Queensland Cowboys on a Saturday night before going head-to-head with the Melbourne Storm at home before our first bye.

Comment

If they win the next 2, I'll drink the Cool Aid.

5 in a row will do it.

6 in a row, I won't believe it.

Comment

Very confident we can beat the Faiders....Bulldogs with a 5 day turnaround will be tough. We are overdue for an Anzac day win, that's the most important game of the lot.

So I'm predicting win, loss and win.

Comment

win win win six from 7
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Inu out as well.
                  Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Hope that we not only win but we keep them scoreless. It would be only since 1919[THE MIGHTY CHOOKS] that a team has kept the opposition scoreless for three consecutive times.It will be a good motivations for the boys next week!

Comment

We will beat canberra because they're crap. They have a decent forward pack but apart from that, their halves are mediocre at best, their backline is good in attack but leak heaps of trys. A very similar team to parra tbh. They're never easy to beat at home so I doubt that we will beat them by 50, but we should do it easy.

The bullduds are not exactly the same team as last year. Everyone will be caught up in the sbw moment, but i think that they will only just make the finals this year. T-rex hasn't had the desired impact they thought he would and their backline isn't all that great. I really think we can beat them.

We will beat the merge easily. They are in huge trouble this year, and they just can't score points they way they used to. The problem is their halves. Everyone has realized what a fairy Soward is and he is being targeted in defence heavily.

6 from 7 sounds good, and even had we played an established team from last year, like the vermin,looking at yesterday's effort we would have beat them. All our combos are working a treat, where as in the first game we were not gelling well as a unit.
                      Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        5 day turn around in Canberra will be a tough ask for the boys, getting the two points in Canberra is always a hard task regardless of how good their team is.

Then a 6 day turn around against the 2012 minor premiers who should have their full strength side bar Graham by then, the hype around the game will be huge. For such a young side it'll be a big challenge to not fold under the pressure.

Then the Anzac day game, 2 week turn around with some rep fixtures in the middle. History hasn't been kind to us in recent seasons... this is the win I want more than anything.

We'll be expected to come away with 4 points out of those 3 games but I reckon it's a lot harder than it looks on paper. This is going to be a real test for the boys. I think this will give us a better idea of just how far along our side actually is in their development as opposed to the past 4 rounds.

I hate to be the kill joy but so far we've only played one big match and we were beaten quite convincingly. These are all big games in their own right.
                        Agree, a serious test the coming month...

the past wins as impressive they were, dont carry as much weight as peeps here make out

one win from the next 3 I can live with that

two wins I would be pleased

three wins would convince me the $23 I got from my bookie last year is somethin good....
                        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

well on the plus side all the teams we are playing in the next month have injuries to key players and none are in form at present. While 3 of the next 4 are home games. it also helps that they are night games except anzac day which has been a lot better than previous years when we have had all sunday arvo games in the scorching heat. i feel as though the football gods are smiling on us at present.

Comment

I dont think we have the gel yet to beat the dogs, but Canberra & st merge should be winnable if our discipline is in the right place, I think people are getting ahead of themselves with the parra win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              If they win the next 2, I'll drink the Cool Aid.

5 in a row will do it.

6 in a row, I won't believe it.
                              records are made to be broken ...what if they beat the 75 record?
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X