Why Liu over Evans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
    Wasn't there some issues over us playing a Newtown contracted player a couple of years ago, and he ended up having to sign a contract with us in the days leading up to the game? Or am I dreaming?
    Yes Waylander that was Sean Rudder. For memory it all worked out ok and he played, just a pity that he was a very ordinary player.
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Yep, it was Rudder ... thanks Oracle.

I'm assuming doing such a call-up means an addition to the 2nd tier Cap, which may be an issue in bringing up a Jet, unless we're really desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
        I agree that he's nowhere near the player Kane Evans is but in saying that the potential that Evans holds is far beyond being a first grader. Imo Liu, Ailaomai, Napa, Evans, Houma and Tago are all capable of being bench props within the structures that Robinson has developed. I'm not saying they will all become regular first graders cos that would be ludicrous but I do think they could all fill in and do very good jobs in first grade if need be. The only problem is if we are getting down to the likes of Houma then likelihood is one of our starting props is injured and you lose a lot of leadership that affects the performances of the less experienced. So what I'm saying is if they are used on a rotational basis to gain experience they will probably do well, but if they are chosen due to a high number of injuries they may well struggle. In saying all this Robinson may very well go with Guerra and LOD this week and leave Liu out. Against the experienced pack of Canberra and having lost his 3rd most experienced forward he might feel LOD's presence is necessary.
        Given our front row depth, i know we can't keep them all BUT i damn hope we are diligent & choose very carefully.
        One of the up'n'coming props mentioned above was sounded out by the WTigers a few weeks back promising a 1st grade
        opportunity this year if he could be granted a release .

Comment

LOO is our next FPN

He's on "all the kava he can drink"
          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Against the experienced pack of Canberra and having lost his 3rd most experienced forward he might feel LOD's presence is necessary.
            I'd go with LOD and Lui (for size). You can't have Maubs,Guerra and Mortimer on the bench. Too small.
            Maubs has a better combo with Pearce in attack and defence than Guerra, so I think he'll miss out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
              I'd go with LOD and Lui (for size). You can't have Maubs,Guerra and Mortimer on the bench. Too small.
              Maubs has a better combo with Pearce in attack and defence than Guerra, so I think he'll miss out again.
              Guerra is considerable bigger than Liu (it's not L-u-i)

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies View Post
                Does anyone have any idea why Liu was chosen over Evans to play against the Eels and again for this week?

To me it looks like Evans has been playing stellar for the Jets, why has Liu been picked ahead of him?
                Because if you looked closely his defense is not up to it.
                He has just come out of the U20s where no ones defense is up to it.

Comment

Every which way but loose vs GC vs Titans

Which one is better tv entertainment?

Clint and Clyde had it all over Kimbo Slice on youtube back in the nineties.

Comment

Working...
                  X