No announcement yet.

Referee This Week ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes good enough so i see no reason for him not to run the game! its a double edged sword an ex roosters player but a canberra junior so noone can cry bias!

Comment

Jeez he was a good player. I remember he started pretty slowly for us, then one Saturday night against St George when Freddie was out, he played five-eighth and had a blinder and we won without Freddie, which was rare. From that night on he was great value.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj:292000
        hes good enough so i see no reason for him not to run the game! its a double edged sword an ex roosters player but a
        canberra junior so noone can cry bias!
        I thought he was a Manly lad...

Comment

Pretty sure he was at manly for a yr or two before he came to us abd i think he was ref in a manly match this yr,maybe against tigers or titans.

Comment

Luke is a Canberra junior. Played for Belconnen I think and then went to the Cowboys and Manly before joining us.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
              Luke is a Canberra junior. Played for Belconnen I think and then went to the Cowboys and Manly before joining us.
              Correct. He had 1 year at each of Canberra, Cowboys (during Superleague) and Manly, before becomming a Rooster.

Yes Tom, that game is very well highlighted on the Decade of Excellence DVD. I loved Diamond. Deserved the Churchill Medal in the 2000 GF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                Jeez he was a good player. I remember he started pretty slowly for us, then one Saturday night against St George when Freddie was out, he played five-eighth and had a blinder and we won without Freddie, which was rare. From that night on he was great value.
                Threw one of the best passes I've ever seen for a try. The around the body pass low to the ground to a support player who scored a try that just should never have been scored !

Comment

Could be wrong here but didn't Alan McKean a former fullback of ours become a ref and then ref one of our games? It was a long time ago and from memory we won under dubious circumstances after he disallowed several tries to the other team?

Comment

If Friend, JWH & Kennedy lay all over the ruck he will blow penalties all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X