No announcement yet.

Outstanding Alan Katzman article on Roosters player development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent truthful article, hed never get a job with a newsorp paper?

Comment

Originally posted by Danish:291993
      I must be the only one who finds this article a little embarrassing.

Fans of other clubs will always joke about our junior development, and will never give a **** how many young stars we discover around the country. As roosters fans we should in turn never give a single **** about what any other club thinks of us.

The article is well written and researched, sure. But the whole premise comes across as the nerdy kid complaining to the teacher about why everyone picks on him.
      Its trying to dispel some myths though and put some context into a largely uninformed debate...and does that I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
        I must be the only one who finds this article a little embarrassing.

Fans of other clubs will always joke about our junior development, and will never give a **** how many young stars we discover around the country. As roosters fans we should in turn never give a single **** about what any other club thinks of us.

The article is well written and researched, sure. But the whole premise comes across as the nerdy kid complaining to the teacher about why everyone picks on him.
        With you Danish. Great article,well written but really couldn't give a fark what other clubs supporters think of us. There only going to believe what they want and it's easier to believe that we are massive salary cap cheats who make a play for every single off contracted player out there. Fark them I say

Comment

Well done Al
          Up Easts

Comment

there would be a day and a half just in doing the research...good work ol man.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              Its trying to dispel some myths though and put some context into a largely uninformed debate...and does that I think.

It wont though. Not without the same stats done across all clubs for comparison.

I'm not asking anyone to do the btw. Just saying I think arguing with those who belittle our development strategies is a pointless endeavour. Won't change their minds, will cause yourself stress.

Best to just embrace the hate and let it solidify us, Manly style (sans the evil)

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                It wont though. Not without the same stats done across all clubs for comparison.

I'm not asking anyone to do the btw. Just saying I think arguing with those who belittle our development strategies is a pointless endeavour. Won't change their minds, will cause yourself stress.

Best to just embrace the hate and let it solidify us, Manly style (sans the evil)
                I'm with Apple. Who gives a fark what anyone else thinks, we know the truth.

We have to harden the fark up and shove it up everyone like WoManly do. It works.

Good read though, always nice to see the truth laid out there.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

That was very interesting, thank you!

Comment

Let’s not be fooled by the whole debate about purchasing players and club juniors and the tried and tested lines fed to us from sports journalists when they are struggling to produce a story on a quiet week, particularly from papers who have to give their papers away these days because they can't sell them - no wonder it is a dying media. Having followed the game for over 40 years I have heard all this echoed since the import rules in the 70′s.

When you delve through the ranks of any club and their origins as juniors you will find a host of players that have juniors that are not from their base. Look at the bulldogs recent strong sides around 2004 when we met in the grand final and beyond and you find a large number of players who were developed outside the Canterbury junior base Willie Mason (Newcastle), Andrew Ryan (Group 11NSWCRL), Sonny Bill Williams(Auckland), Willie Tonga (Qld) ,Mark O’ Meley (NSWCRL), Braith Anasta (Souths),Steve Price (Toowoomba, QLD), Jonathon Thurston (Toowoomba, QLD), Nate Myles (Qld) , Luke Patten (NSWCRL), Roy Asotasi (Auckland), Adam Perry (NSWCRL), Tony Grimaldi (St. George), Reni Maitua (Souths) Ben Harris (NSWCRL),to name a few.

Here is an interesting fact in the 2004 grand final the bulldogs fielded 4 local juniors with the roosters fielding 1 and would have been 2 except for the suspension of Luke Ricketson.

Comment

Love this post / article. Excellent work!

Comment

Working...
                      X