Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest injury update: 4/4/13

Tautau Moga
    Moga is progressing well following knee surgery at the back-end of 2012, with the young outside back returning to training in mid-February on a lighter workload.

He is back running and working with the Medical and Conditioning Staff, with a mid-season return still hopeful.

Frank Paul Nuuausala

The hard-hitting lock damaged the medial ligament in his left knee in the Roosters 50-0 win over the Parramatta Eels last Monday night.

FPN has had scans and will be unavailable for selection for 4-6 weeks, with a return to play date still not confirmed.

only 2 players injured is a good result especially considering that one of them is an outside (Moga) whose position is being filled by Tupou who arguably may have been selected ahead of him anyway and then FPN who is a forward - a position which we have an extraordinary amount of depth in. To have LOD, Guerra, Tasi, Evans & Napa all battling for that 1 position vacated by FPN means we are essentially full strength

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
      only 2 players injured is a good result especially considering that one of them is an outside (Moga) whose position is being filled by Tupou who arguably may have been selected ahead of him anyway and then FPN who is a forward - a position which we have an extraordinary amount of depth in. To have LOD, Guerra, Tasi, Evans & Napa all battling for that 1 position vacated by FPN means we are essentially full strength
      It's interesting, especially if you read Kegan Smith's comments about injuries.

The guy seems to be really switched on and I have to say our conditioning so far has been spot on.

Comment

What did Keegan say? I know one of his good friends from his days at uni and he said Keegan is extremely switched and fantastic at what he does.
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6:292186
          Originally posted by roz View Post
          It's interesting, especially if you read Kegan Smith's comments about injuries.

The guy seems to be really switched on and I have to say our conditioning so far has been spot on.
          The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Comment

Who is Keegan smith anyway ?

Comment

Originally posted by roorooman View Post
              Who is Keegan smith anyway ?
              Me and Chooks brother from another mother and Bwians other son. And Rohan.

We are The Smiffs.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

For some reason I think this will be the end of Moga, when ever young players come back from a knee problem, their confidence just seem to die in the ass, they are to scare to even give 50% effort, they dont put their bodies on the line & hope think they can just continue to get paid while doing the bare minimum and keeping out of harms way.

Comment

^^^^^ Mogas only 19yrs old his got plenty of time to regain his confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Roid Rage Rooster View Post
                    ^^^^^ Mogas only 19yrs old his got plenty of time to regain his confidence
                    And I think the key is that he is given 'that time' to recover. Rather than rushing him back. And while we are in the place we are in the conditions are perfect for him to take as much time as he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
                      And I think the key is that he is given 'that time' to recover. Rather than rushing him back. And while we are in the place we are in the conditions are perfect for him to take as much time as he needs.
                      Exactly... I was never amazing but after my only injury (a big hematoma in my quad suffered while playing for the Waverley 1st XV as a 14 year old) had me out for the season.

I was VERY careful about doing my physio's exercises and taking it slowly. The physio said that quad would never be as flexible as the other one so I stretched it thoroughly to make sure it was as close as possible.

The next season I came back stronger, fitter and more confident because I'd put more work into recovering/conditioning my body than I had ever put into training.

Later on I played league and union for 1st division club/district teams and was never injured again (although I was reasonably slim and took a lot of BIG hits from players who have gone on to be professional.)

---

Maybe Mini has done the same? Robbo says he's the fittest player in the team, and since coming back he has never had injury problems. While he may not be as fast as he used to be, Mini still puts his body on the line every time he discharges kicks...etc. His confidence is also there.

IMO most injury prone players who never quite recover aren't necessarily slack, but do try to rush things (while failing to do their recovery work correctly.)

I hope Moga is taking his recovery seriously so he can come back fitter, stronger and more confident than ever.

Comment

Moga's type of injury is always a lengthy recovery period. Too many players come back when there 85-90% and they look a shadow of there former selves. I hope the club see the importance of making sure this kid is %100 physically and mentally ready to play at the top grade again. No need to rush we are travelling nicely at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                          Exactly... I was never amazing but after my only injury (a big hematoma in my quad suffered while playing for the Waverley 1st XV as a 14 year old) had me out for the season.

I was VERY careful about doing my physio's exercises and taking it slowly. The physio said that quad would never be as flexible as the other one so I stretched it thoroughly to make sure it was as close as possible.

The next season I came back stronger, fitter and more confident because I'd put more work into recovering/conditioning my body than I had ever put into training.

Later on I played league and union for 1st division club/district teams and was never injured again (although I was reasonably slim and took a lot of BIG hits from players who have gone on to be professional.)

---

Maybe Mini has done the same? Robbo says he's the fittest player in the team, and since coming back he has never had injury problems. While he may not be as fast as he used to be, Mini still puts his body on the line every time he discharges kicks...etc. His confidence is also there.

IMO most injury prone players who never quite recover aren't necessarily slack, but do try to rush things (while failing to do their recovery work correctly.)

I hope Moga is taking his recovery seriously so he can come back fitter, stronger and more confident than ever.
                          Another Waverley Boy, quite a few of us on here, what year did you finish Jizzy???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            Me and Chooks brother from another mother and Bwians other son. And Rohan.

We are The Smiffs.

We make the Adams family look normal.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                            X