will be very interesting how Robbo reacts to that performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good read muffy
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Muffdaddy View Post
      There were some good performances for the Jets at Brooky. I took the family over for a drive and we won 38 - 10. My twins even got a chance to help out as ball boys on the field. They were stoked. Benny Jones' brother was one of the other ball boys. Jones was one of the best on ground too. Not up to NRL standard but good.
      Anyway, the Jets forwards steamed up the middle all day and Manly (who beat the Bullcheats the week before) were powerless to stop them. Evans looked good. I think he needs at least 5 more kilos on his frame though. Josh Alomai and Saulaula Houma were both great and much to my surprise and delight, Yileen Gordon smashed them. Good offloads, good runs, good defence.
      In the backs, both wingers got a double and played well all game. henare wells was good too. He also seems a little light though. Riley Jacks was okay but injured his finger. Our centres were solid.
      All in all it was a great performance from the whole team. A much needed win for the boys.
      BTW - Brookvale oval is sh1t. Poor facilities, terrible seats, no leg room and no hot food or beers were available at the game. And the Jets out numbered the Manly supporters. You should've seen the look on people's faces when the 'old faithful' Jets supporters came through the gates with their flags, etc. it was like the Manly supporters(players family members) couldn't believe that anyone would actually support the NSW Cup. Go Jets!!
      Who is Yileen Gordon playing for? Manly?

Comment

it's hard to get up every week, and a flat spot away at canberra on a sunday night (why is there a game on a sunday night instead of 3.30 on Saturday?) after those good wins was always a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
          Who is Yileen Gordon playing for? Manly?
          Jets.

Comment

It seemed like the boys were real lazy and tired. MK kept lying all over the ruck, there was penalty waiting to happen everytime he made a tackle.

SKD continues to give away penalties like its Xmas - although he isnt folding in the line as easily as he was against Souths.

It could be as simple as the boys were tired from some massive defensive displays in the last few weeks, and I hope its that and we turn it around with a refreshed performance on Friday.

Or it could be even massive problems in that we are slipping back into old habits, in which case I Robbo picks it up quickly and keeps them on their toes.

LOD needs to go, not upto FG. We should have played Guerra. 2po should come back in as well, Oldfield not as good in the air but still played alright.

I dont think Mini will get punted from FB just yet, I hope he does but dont think the club will do that - which is poor !

Comment

I hear that the boys had a review session today and were kept in until 4PM. I believe Robbo may have been showing them the error of their ways.

Comment

more importantly were thery listening? was skid in for further detention? iff not why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                  I hear that the boys had a review session today and were kept in until 4PM. I believe Robbo may have been showing them the error of their ways.
                  Good to hear. Did he use Gatorade and water bottles to get his point across?
                  In all seriousness, we will see how the boys react after that and that will give us a better indicator of how we are developing as a side. I think there is apart in every coach that wouldn't mind at least 1 game a year that they let slip through there fingers. Hopefully this is our one and only though

Comment

I don't think Robbo can do much in terms of team structure tbh, he's got a 5 day turn around where all the boys will be doing is video sessions and recovery.

I doubt he'll be too worried about getting them up for the game either, there'll be a crowd of 30,000+ and massive hype leading up to Friday so they'll all be up for it.

He might tinker with the team a little but he really doesn't have a whole lot of options. Certainly not where the biggest issues are anyway. Swapping LOD for Tasi or Guerra only slightly improves the team. RTS isn't going to debut at fullback in one of our biggest regular season games of the year and there's no suitable option to replace Skidsy with.

I don't expect a whole lot will change, I think he'll back the team that's done a solid job over the opening rounds.

More interested to see what he will do with the team over the 2 week turnaround before Anzac day. Although I imagine we'll lose SBW, Pearce, Maloney & Jennings to rep duties. And possibly Cordner, Moa, Hargreaves & SKD too.

Comment

Working...
                    X