Michael Oldfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Oldfield

I thought he had a really good first game last night tbh.

Apart from the Earl try which was impossible to defend, he had a good strong start to his career as a chook. That try that he scored where he shrugged off two defenders and swerved in was really impressive. He also rushed in defensively when he was needed.
    Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

I'm happy with him as an alternative to Tupou. I can't really warm to Tupou. He has a lot of errors in him. Its like having 2 SKDs in the side. He also looks slow, but that could be due to his lanky frame. I think Tupou and Oldfield will swap around a bit this year depending on form and injuries.

Comment

Toops was struggling to keep up with Jennings. We must have made half a dozen line breaks down that side in the last few weeks that didn't lead to tries because Toops wasn't quick enough to be able to ideally position himself to take a pass. Oldfield has the speed required. I think that's why he's getting his chance.

Comment

Oldfield is quicker but Toups is a better player.

Comment

So was Tupou injured or dropped??

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
            Toops was struggling to keep up with Jennings. We must have made half a dozen line breaks down that side in the last few weeks that didn't lead to tries because Toops wasn't quick enough to be able to ideally position himself to take a pass. Oldfield has the speed required. I think that's why he's getting his chance.
            You bring up a good point... Jennings is FAST. Tupou is quite tall and lean/athletic. This can be a plus and a minus:

+) When somebody kicks to the right, he's picked it, has some momentum in his long strides, does a big air jordan and slam dunks whoever is under him to score a try.

-) When there's a fast line break... he accellerates much slower than MJ, then is caught having to bend over to his knee caps to catch the ball (usually fumbling it/knocking it on) because he's so tall and lanky.

Gaaar I have to watch the game again because there's a few things I think I noticed, but I want to be sure before rambling too much.

Comment

All good points.

So Mini, Oldfield, Jennings, RTS, Tupou. Speed on one side. Height on the other side. Also gets RTS with some decent ball. Plus it eliminates a huge burden on the team.

Comment

When moga is back I think both toups and Oldfield will be the jets flankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  I would almost put money on it. That said, if Tupou comes back and kills it and SKD continues to flounder, maybe we will see Moga at right centre instead...

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                    I would almost put money on it. That said, if Tupou comes back and kills it and SKD continues to flounder, maybe we will see Moga at right centre instead...
                    Now ya talkin'.

Comment

Originally posted by roz:293339
                      Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      That's my wish Roz .

Comment

Oldfield couldn't make manly grade. There is a reason for this. He is a moron and error prone. Was at school for scots and still is. Toups will get better. SKD needs to go but I don't think oldfield is the answer. I think drop LOD and bring up evens and tasi then move maubs to center allowing SBW to rove either side for offence

Comment

i say start sbw in the centres then switch him for maubs after 15 mins when it all calms down? skid can sit this one out or switch with rsk onto the wing? skid was a wing when he started i think?

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                            I thought he had a really good first game last night tbh.

Apart from the Earl try which was impossible to defend, he had a good strong start to his career as a chook. That try that he scored where he shrugged off two defenders and swerved in was really impressive. He also rushed in defensively when he was needed.
                            He made the Earl try impossible to defend by facing his own dead ball line and trying to catch the ball with his feet planted. He had to face the direction of the ball, take 2 or 3 steps back and then move forward and jump whilst turning his body to wards Earl. Failing that put a Karate kick on him. That attempt was on par with his horrible defensive efforts when playing for Manly last season. The guy is an athlete with absolutely no footballing ability whatsoever. Like a faster version of SKD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                              He made the Earl try impossible to defend by facing his own dead ball line and trying to catch the ball with his feet planted. He had to face the direction of the ball, take 2 or 3 steps back and then move forward and jump whilst turning his body to wards Earl. Failing that put a Karate kick on him. That attempt was on par with his horrible defensive efforts when playing for Manly last season. The guy is an athlete with absolutely no footballing ability whatsoever. Like a faster version of SKD.
                              I think your clutching at straws there cock. I do like the karate kick bit though.
                              Ill judge him on what he does with the chooks and not what he did for the snotty bastards the other side of the bridge. In saying that, I'm confident from what I saw last night that he will do a good job for us. Sandor Earl will beat better players then him through the air this season don't worry about that

Comment

Working...
                              X