2 penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 penalties

Once again. An outstanding show of discipline over 80 minutes.

We give away stupid ruck penalties.

That's the bigger problem.

It's mostly last year's brigade - like Kennedy's one that led directly to a try.

Our discipline is abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
      We give away stupid ruck penalties.

That's the bigger problem.

It's mostly last year's brigade - like Kennedy's one that led directly to a try.

Our discipline is abysmal.
      Kennedy wa strying to slow the ruck he had to we were getting steam rolled he was the only one trying in defence especially after friend went off .
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
        Once again. An outstanding show of discipline over 80 minutes.
        Enter the conspiracy loonies. Yes it was the referee's fault that we played the way we did. Man this rubbish is old but still funny.

Comment

I saw a kick downfield by our guys and we tackled the ball carrier. About 1 nanosecond elapsed before the raiders were gifted field position for "taking too long". There were dozens of similar tackles by Canberra and, not for the first time, the refs over 80 minutes could only find 2 occasions they deserved to be penalised.

I call BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
            Enter the conspiracy loonies. Yes it was the referee's fault that we played the way we did. Man this rubbish is old but still funny.
            Are you really this thick? I guess so

Comment

Souths only received 1 in New Zealand yesterday....

I thought there were 2 blatant hold downs we could have received, but to balance that there were plenty more of ours that could have been penalised as well so a 6-2 count was about right.

Comment

We did not receive many penalties because Canberra were dominating our runs up the middle and did not need to attempt to slow the ruck. Teams concede ruck penalties in attempting to slow the play the ball down - as we have done for many years - because the opposition have too much momentum. We were on the back foot all night as we were in round 1 and as a result the opposition will often not give away dumb penalties because of their control of the game.

Comment

What I found concerning more than anything was a high shot by a Canberra player was allowed to go unpenealised and the referee was clearly heard to say that is ok he fell into it

Have they changed the rules
                  We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                  Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

My mate who is an avid Raiders man conceded that there were a couple of crowd penalties given. Pity two of their tries came off the back of penalties. We got one penalty each half which is generally about the quota the refs have to give us. There were plenty of times we could have got more penalties for hand on the ball or holding down too long but we just don't get the luxury other teams get.

The refs didn't cost us the game though.

Comment

I'm not sure that there's any top level conspiracy going on......but it is a bit suss about how many we receive.

Up to last night, the Raiders were conceding an average of 6 per game. Suddenly last night, they were made to look like the most disciplined team in the comp - to give away only 2 penalties is a massive bonus to any team.

We're received the second least penalties in the comp, and have the worst differential with -9. We only mananged to win the penalty count by 1 against the Eels, and that's after putting 50 on them!

To say it's a bit strange would be an understatement.

Comment

This is where there is something very strange Home games of ours recently the penalties seem to be even Yet away they have been lopsided against us for eons now Somehow sides when they play us seem to miraculously improve their discipline where they seem to concede much less penalties then their average per match

Make of it what you will

16-0 up you shouldnt lose Even if thta halftime score was flattering towards us
                        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Wow, what a surprise to see Player 1 whinging about the ref's again. Like after every loss during the last 5 or more years this mental midget is on here whinging about the ref's.

I guess Luke Philips must be a cheat and is in on this anti-east's conspiracy thing. Where were you last week when the eels got some bad calls? If anything we got most of the benefits of the doubt in that game like the raiders didn't knock on before that first roosters try.
                          Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                            Wow, what a surprise to see Player 1 whinging about the ref's again. Like after every loss during the last 5 or more years this mental midget is on here whinging about the ref's.

I guess Luke Philips must be a cheat and is in on this anti-east's conspiracy thing. Where were you last week when the eels got some bad calls? If anything we got most of the benefits of the doubt in that game like the raiders didn't knock on before that first roosters try.
                            Gee mate, you really get very upset by me - Im glad you don't know where I live, you'd be stalking me. Have you considered therapy? As for the mental midget thing? Mate if we compared jobs (if you have one) I think I could afford to pay for your sessions

Comment

Bad discipline, lazy attitude and poor options is what cost us the game, yes i was also puzzled with the hand on the ball in the ruck as it happen a number of times but it didn't cost us the match.

Comment

Working...
                              X