Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similarities in Both Defeats

Just to name a few;

Lost of Boyd Cordner - His defence is strong, especially in the middle and yet when he is not there we seem to allow the opposition forwards easier pathway up the middle. He is a key for us this year.

Little use of Daniel Mortimer - He has been brought into the match a little too late in my opinion in which he does not have any impact that far late in the match. In the 3 games we have won he has played at least 35 - 40 minutes to help us get a role on.

Lob Sided Penalty Counts - with two of the most expereinced officials (Cummins & Cecchin) they seem to penalise Jake Friend alot especially when he is on the field for a longer stint. Some of the penalties were warranted and yet some just plain simple soft ones that is not warranted for 1st grade. I mean, don't you find it funny that they both only mention one player by name all the time in which there were a number of times Shaun Fensom from the Raiders were holding down our props for a lot longer than what Jake was...

No ball to Michael Jennings - The guy is ready to explode, just give hime the God Damm Ball.

Simple Errors in our own half - For god sake what will it take to tell these guys don't try to offload and just grab the ball and run straight when your in your own half!!!!!!

The Coaching Staff needs to address these issues and get them right or else we could be heading for another long season of losses.... Fundamentals need to be done right or else any team will put off another Canberra performance.

Beaten up the middle both games by better on the day forward packs.
    Our blokes in all our games including the victories have not learned to punish teams .Souths and Canberra punished us.
    So far from Brian Smith era to now our forwards are always flat and shallow rarely steaming onto the ball like other teams.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
      Beaten up the middle both games by better on the day forward packs.
      Our blokes in all our games including the victories have not learned to punish teams .Souths and Canberra punished us.
      So far from Brian Smith era to now our forwards are always flat and shallow rarely steaming onto the ball like other teams.
      Not all forwards. I see slamming Sam get back a lot and hit that ball up with aggression. In all our matches, when a try is scored, we haven't reacted well.

Comment

The lop sided penalty counts are a direct result of being heavily defeated up the middle in both matches. The round 1 match against South Sydney changed when Moa and Hargreaves came off.

Comment

In both matches when we seem to be getting tired, our halves and forwards were receiving the ball well behind the advantage line and going sideways... especially when moa and jwh were off. This is another area we missed Cordner. No matter what stage of the game it is, he receives the ball quite flat and with speed.
          We also were waiting back in defense and showing no line speed, regularly allowing teams to make 50+ meters per set. This gives them a roll on making it easier for their halves and giving them time for their last tackle options.

Comment

if only we could get tolman and play him off the bench when Sammy or JWH came off he is a metre machine

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
              Just to name a few;

Lost of Boyd Cordner - His defence is strong, especially in the middle and yet when he is not there we seem to allow the opposition forwards easier pathway up the middle. He is a key for us this year.

Little use of Daniel Mortimer - He has been brought into the match a little too late in my opinion in which he does not have any impact that far late in the match. In the 3 games we have won he has played at least 35 - 40 minutes to help us get a role on.

Lob Sided Penalty Counts - with two of the most expereinced officials (Cummins & Cecchin) they seem to penalise Jake Friend alot especially when he is on the field for a longer stint. Some of the penalties were warranted and yet some just plain simple soft ones that is not warranted for 1st grade. I mean, don't you find it funny that they both only mention one player by name all the time in which there were a number of times Shaun Fensom from the Raiders were holding down our props for a lot longer than what Jake was...

No ball to Michael Jennings - The guy is ready to explode, just give hime the God Damm Ball.

Simple Errors in our own half - For god sake what will it take to tell these guys don't try to offload and just grab the ball and run straight when your in your own half!!!!!!

The Coaching Staff needs to address these issues and get them right or else we could be heading for another long season of losses.... Fundamentals need to be done right or else any team will put off another Canberra performance.
              There are some players who should offload(because they have the ability and knowledge to do so) and others who shouldn't. SBW and recently JWH are the sort of players you want offloads from. People were on here complaining as to why Mini and SKD don't pass the ball enough in attack. I think we saw why they shouldn't pass the ball in that last game against the faiders.

Morts provides valuable ruck speed but he is susceptible against opposing dummy halfs and his defence out of the ruck is no good.

Seeing as though jenko is our only attacking weapon, you'd think that they'd throw him the ball every time but he was starved of the ball in the second half.
              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
                Not all forwards. I see slamming Sam get back a lot and hit that ball up with aggression. In all our matches, when a try is scored, we haven't reacted well.
                It sort of where I was getting at but cut my self short .Roosters of 2002-04 punished teams .If they scored we put them in the ground and scored two back if they hit us hard we hit them harder.If they got a penalty we tackled even harder again .
                Last week we didnt deserve to be in the lead they were better... I thought well if the roosters get the rythm in and the forwards start punishing them we will slaughter them instead their forwards punished us .
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by davos View Post
                  There are some players who should offload(because they have the ability and knowledge to do so) and others who shouldn't. SBW and recently JWH are the sort of players you want offloads from. People were on here complaining as to why Mini and SKD don't pass the ball enough in attack. I think we saw why they shouldn't pass the ball in that last game against the faiders.

Morts provides valuable ruck speed but he is susceptible against opposing dummy halfs and his defence out of the ruck is no good.

Seeing as though jenko is our only attacking weapon, you'd think that they'd throw him the ball every time but he was starved of the ball in the second half.
                  They are backs, if they don't have the ability to pass the ball they should be digging ditches.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by morleythemauler View Post
                    if only we could get tolman and play him off the bench when Sammy or JWH came off he is a metre machine
                    Yeah, he's been really laying the platform for the Bulldogs........

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
                      spot on... especially with the keeping the opposition scoreless factor... felt the boys went oh well after that the first try

Comment

Working...
                      X