Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant change team on a 5 day turn around.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant change team on a 5 day turn around.

As much as id like to flick a few and swap a few around I think the reality is that with such a short turn around all we can do is open the eyes of each player to their mistakes and hope they dont repeat it this week.

Yep..... even skd unfortunately

Why ? What if we had a 6 day turn around ? Maybe a 7 ? How mnay days turnaround should we have till you think changes can be made? Also explain what real major difference you think 1 or 2 extra days make
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

What happens due to injury?

Comment

Love to see Tasi replace Marty. Does not run hard enough. Gives away ruck penaltys due to his size and lack of mobility.

Would not be surprised to see Maubs replace SKD. This would shore up the defence and enable an extra forward to come in. Hopefully Guerra along with Tasi
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
          Why ? What if we had a 6 day turn around ? Maybe a 7 ? How mnay days turnaround should we have till you think changes can be made? Also explain what real major difference you think 1 or 2 extra days make
          An extra 2 training sessions to bed down positional changes, work on combinations etc.

Comment

Flicking LOD can only be a good thing and would not upset anybody.

Comment

We can dream. But I think the same team will pop up

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                An extra 2 training sessions to bed down positional changes, work on combinations etc.
                WOW I am sure that will make all the difference the notion of no changes becaaue of a 5 day turn around is absolutely ridiculous I am sure this is not club policy If it is it concerns me greatly

Comment

WOW I am sure that will make all the difference the notion of no changes becaaue of a 5 day turn around is absolutely ridiculous I am sure this is not club policy If it is it concerns me greatly
                  2 extra training sessions to prepare a team can make a lot of difference. For what its worth, I think there will be a change to the team, I don't think there will be mass sackings though.

Comment

2 extra training sessions to prepare a team can make a lot of difference. For what its worth, I think there will be a change to the team, I don't think there will be mass sackings though.
                    Not that much that you wouldnt drop a player because of it What about a 6 day turnaround Tell us your thoughts on thenm only having 1 extra training session

Comment

Not that much that you wouldnt drop a player because of it What about a 6 day turnaround Tell us your thoughts on thenm only having 1 extra training session
                      Did you read what I wrote? I said I think there will be changes to the team, just not mass sackings. I would have no dramas changing a team on a short turn around and I'm sure the club are the same. I do think if their preparation is going to be limited as this week is, that they will keep things much the same though as they don't have the time to spend on changing things.

One extra day does not necessarily mean one extra session either. Remember these guys do this for a living so they don't just rock up to the ground at 6pm, run around for an hour and go home. An extra day could mean an extra skills session, an extra video session and an extra team run so despite what you might like to think, it can be of great benefit to get that extra time.

Comment

Did you read what I wrote? I said I think there will be changes to the team, just not mass sackings. I would have no dramas changing a team on a short turn around and I'm sure the club are the same. I do think if their preparation is going to be limited as this week is, that they will keep things much the same though as they don't have the time to spend on changing things.

One extra day does not necessarily mean one extra session either. Remember these guys do this for a living so they don't just rock up to the ground at 6pm, run around for an hour and go home. An extra day could mean an extra skills session, an extra video session and an extra team run so despite what you might like to think, it can be of great benefit to get that extra time.
                        Thankyou for pointing this out to me It is not like I dont already know But you did it so well. The point is though both you and I agree That a short turn around does not mean there will be no changes This was the point i was trying to make

Persoanlly I dont think there will be apart from Tupou for Oldfield should he be fit Someone in for Cordner should he not be fit

Comment

Short turn around or not, I can't see Robinson changing the squad for a few more rounds.

Not his style.

Not that bad an idea either in my opinion.

When the axe does come, no one can say they didn't get their chance to stand up.

Comment

Thankyou for pointing this out to me It is not like I dont already know But you did it so well. The point is though both you and I agree That a short turn around does not mean there will be no changes This was the point i was trying to make

Persoanlly I dont think there will be apart from Tupou for Oldfield should he be fit Someone in for Cordner should he not be fit
                            Always a pleasure mate!

Comment

when is the team announced?

Comment

Working...
                              X