The Most Impressive Part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Impressive Part?

The final 3 minutes of the game. Goal line defence. Working hard for the bloke next to you. You could see how much it meant to them to keep the opposition scoreless.

A good coach creates that attitude.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

Too true johhny too true

Comment

It's just amazing how much buying into the what the coach is trying to do benefits a football team.

We had a talented team last year but it was painfully obvious they couldn't give a rats about playing for Smithy.

And it's not just in our sport too. Look at what the Wanderers have done with a team put together from nothing only months before the season. Look at what the Brumbies, a team of no name kids, have done under Jake White.

I'm bloody glad the Roosters obviously respect and work hard for each other and for Robinson.

There are going to be blips like last week with a new and still developing (and young) team but boy, when we're on we're going to take some stopping.

Comment

you cpould see and hear them geeing each othewr up to hold the line! even though the poseurs in pink tried their hardest to get the dogs on the board!

Comment

Has anybody else noticed that, since Round 1, we have played 10 halves of footy, and in only 2 of those halves (2nd half v Warriors, 2nd half v Raiders) have we conceded any points? That is a disturbingly good run. If only we had held out Croker last week...

Comment

It sure is a good run Mack and a sign of an attitude that has been missing for quite some time.
            I trust TR knows to keep this win in perspective in the knowledge that the 'dogs have had a less than ideal preparation and are not at their best.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
              The final 3 minutes of the game. Goal line defence. Working hard for the bloke next to you. You could see how much it meant to them to keep the opposition scoreless.

Amazing how this was never achieved in 2009 with a few of the same players. We never scored much at all in the second halves of games that year, let alone kept the opposition scoreless.
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

This side is playing semi finals defense. Most teams take a full season to get here.
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I love seeing how hard the boys are working defending our own line. It's all about attitude which we all know, has been missing from our club for years.

Well done TR and team... Keep it up!

Comment

Why do we say "goal line" defence? Isn't it the try line?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost:294539

Why do we say "goal line" defence? Isn't it the try line?
                      Yep Tom. You would be right. Too much following Liverpool in the EPL for me.

Try line or goal line, there was no way the Dogs were getting thru.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Yep Tom. You would be right. Too much following Liverpool in the EPL for me.

Try line or goal line, there was no way the Dogs were getting thru.
                        And that's the main thing!

I've never felt so confident when a team is attacking our line as I have this year. The defence just seems so very well organised.

Comment

I remember in 2002 when we started to make our run, Warren Ryan said on the radio during one game, "This team is in love with defence!"

It's getting that feel about it again.

Comment

We've got that sting back. We hurt a few bulldogs last night, I remember three getting up clutching ribs, shoulders and heads.

Maybe they were running around us because they didn't want to try and run through us?

Chook.

Comment

certainly Defended with sting and muscle across the park.

Comment

Working...
                              X