Defensive Prowess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Prowess

I mentioned it in another thread, but I felt it really deserved its own thread here.

In the last TEN halves of footy that we have played (i.e. every game except the Souths game), we have kept the other team scoreless in EIGHT of those halves! That is some serious defensive strength!

Rd 2 v Warriors - scoreless in first half
    Rd 3 v Broncos - scoreless in both halves
    Rd 4 v Eels - scoreless in both halves
    Rd 5 v Raiders - scoreless in first half
    Rd 6 v Bulldogs - scoreless in both halves

The Warriors and Raiders games were similar in that we had average second halves where we forfeited momentum and let the opposition pack walk over. We were honestly lucky to scrape through across the ditch, and in the capital Jarrod Croker did what the Warriors couldn't and took the opportunity to overtake at the finish line. Two tough lessons learnt.

The goal now, is to maintain this defensive strength. Make the other team have to earn every single point they score. Bring it back to 2003/2004, where we won games off sheer belligerent defense, grinding the other teams into the ground before using our strike weapons to put them to the sword.

our record for the year at home is

96 - 24

Can we rename the stadium to Fortress Allianz ?? how about "THE ROOSTERDOME"

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Great team performances built on a coach who is getting individuals to perform to their near full potential resulting in fine team efforts - this we have lacked since the sacking of coach Ricky Stuart

Comment

It's about time. 2010 aside, the last 5-6 years - it always felt like an away game. Success helps. I am more motivated to get to games than I was this time last year.

Comment

Working...
        X