Jets team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
    i would like to thank hennare wells for the organizing he has done for the west tigas under 20 player (that died). his girlfriend is involved with the nerang roosters, and his family is in brissy, but hennare being a gold coast jnr has organized the fully signed 2013 jumper to be auctioned off at a memorial concert at our club, with all funds going to the family to support his unborn child. not only did he help with the roosters jumper but put in a big effort to organize a jumper from every nrl club.

big effort hennare wells
    Now why won't the papers report on something like that instead of the usual garbage???

For those that watch the jets, how does Bosden go at 9?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
      Now why won't the papers report on something like that instead of the usual garbage???

For those that watch the jets, how does Bosden go at 9?
      Well done to Henare. In a time that I'm sure he's hurting from losing his mate its a big effort he's put in. I really hope Henare can crack first grade at some stage, he's a natural footballer and super quick. And he's really worked on his build as well to make sure he's every chance.

Rooboy, on Bosden he gets the job done with a few solid hit ups in between. But while he provides good service both sides he has no running game from dummy half. As soon as Seluini came on the other day the Jets went up a gear or two. He set up at least three tries. One with a short kick, one off the back of a nice scoot from dummy half and the other a scoot on the 5th which he beat a few with blistering speed then stood the fullback up with pace to score under the posts. I guess against big packs where we need that extra forward on the bench bosden skill at dummy half would be useful but then there is tht trade off where you don't have the small nippy replacement hooker taking advantage of big tiring forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
        Well done to Henare. In a time that I'm sure he's hurting from losing his mate its a big effort he's put in. I really hope Henare can crack first grade at some stage, he's a natural footballer and super quick. And he's really worked on his build as well to make sure he's every chance.

Rooboy, on Bosden he gets the job done with a few solid hit ups in between. But while he provides good service both sides he has no running game from dummy half. As soon as Seluini came on the other day the Jets went up a gear or two. He set up at least three tries. One with a short kick, one off the back of a nice scoot from dummy half and the other a scoot on the 5th which he beat a few with blistering speed then stood the fullback up with pace to score under the posts. I guess against big packs where we need that extra forward on the bench bosden skill at dummy half would be useful but then there is tht trade off where you don't have the small nippy replacement hooker taking advantage of big tiring forwards.
        Cheers Yak. Do you think instructions have come from Robbo to try and play him there?
        I have a high opinion of him as a player. I don't think it is benefitting him playing 9. He runs a great line, has good ball skills and his defence is top notch. I'd love to see him coming off the bench. I think he is an ideal replacement for LOD next year

Comment

Cheers Yak. Do you think instructions have come from Robbo to try and play him there?
          I have a high opinion of him as a player. I don't think it is benefitting him playing 9. He runs a great line, has good ball skills and his defence is top notch. I'd love to see him coming off the bench. I think he is an ideal replacement for LOD next year
          I think its good bosden is playing a bit of 9 and has also played 6. We know he has the toughness, motor and frame to play a gallen-style role tight but the fact he can also cover 9 and 6 means that we can either use him as a genuine forward or even as a utility instead of mortimer. The way I see our pack developing is like so:
          8. JWH
          9. Friend
          10. Tasi/Moa/Evans
          11. Guerra
          12. Langi (when SBW leaves)
          13. Cordner

14. Mortimer/Bosden
          15. Kennedy
          16. Aubusson
          17. FPN

Comment

I honestly think he's the ideal replacement for FPN.

Comment

I think Robbo likes FPN and I wouldn't be shocked if he re-signs.

Comment

[QUOTE=
                For those that watch the jets, how does Bosden go at 9?[/QUOTE]

He's kinda like Crocker at hooker back in 2003/4. You know he's not a hooker but he goes alright.
                Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Originally posted by Muffdaddy View Post
                  He's kinda like Crocker at hooker back in 2003/4. You know he's not a hooker but he goes alright.
                  He is actually a very similar player to crocker even as a backrower and in terms of frame/playing style. good analogy

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                    Sorta like The Prowler (Riley Brown)

Comment

Working...
                    X